Luis Sinisterra - news and comments

Discussion in 'Colombians Abroad' started by Baal88, Jul 25, 2017.

1. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    Rueda has barely used Sinisterra and used Duvan more than any other forward we have when he was available. It's pretty likely he will go back to Duvan as the default 9 and not sure Sinisterra gets significant minutes anytime soon unfortunately.

2. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #302 HomietheClown, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    Sinisterra started against Paraguay and basically played the Diaz role. And in some ways he played it a little bit better because he had a dangerous aerial cross and was able to go to the right side and switch with Cuadrado who was on the left on some attacks.
    It was not bad for a 22 year old making his first official start for the Seleccion.
    I think he may get more playing time since Muriel will probably not be available until November. And just as Diaz took advantage of James being out I would not be surprised if Sinisterra takes advantage of Muriel's absence.

Azucarero and Furnaccio repped this.
  3. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just the few games I’ve seen Sinister play, I really see a player who has a very high in-game IQ who knows how to read the field and drop back on defense when need be (something James and JFQ lack)

He’s the perfect complement to Lucho and JC bc he doesn’t need to be explosive and doesn’t need to rely on footwork to have an impact on the game.

Call me insane, but I think it’s imperative we find a way to get Lucho and Sinister on the field at the same time as time goes on. Because once that happens, I think the sky is the limit.

Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  4. Bare in mind he's isnot yet at the end of his learning curve.
    He only gets better the coming years.

Azucarero and HomietheClown repped this.
  5. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Has it been confirmed that he has extended his contract with Feyenoord, FSF?

His IG post yesterday made it seem something is happening there.

6. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    If we are looking at the age of the squad come 2023+ you really hope we figure out a way to do that because these guys are the most promising attackers we have today and have the right balance of athleticism and skill.

Valoyes is a dark horse that could balance the pitch with a real successor on the right but remains to be seen if he can carry his form when he makes the leap to Europe next year too.

7. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    I'd love for him to play more, but he played 67 minutes against Paraguay and was not used in the games against Bolivia and Chile. Diaz is going to be nailed on, Duvan will be back and was nailed on and Cuadrado is nailed on the right if he doesn't play RB. I'd like to see Diaz and Sinisterra together and Cuadrado either off or deeper but I don't know that Rueda would do that unfortunately. I'm not really sure what would have changed, Sinisterra has been playing really well for a while and Rueda still has given him barely any chances and with Falcao, Borja and Roger I think he will want to get those guys minutes too. I don't agree with it Sinisterra and Diaz should be getting a lot of time, but Rueda doesn't roll that way and its probably a mistake.

Furnaccio repped this.
  8. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #308 HomietheClown, Sep 24, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
    I don't know what Rueda has in store either. He has basically played a different lineup every match of Qualifying and the Copa.
    I am leaning towards what Pepino said about Duvan starting one match and Borja the next two but I am truly expecting the unexpected and would not be surprised to see a crazy lineup we have never seen. (One with Diaz and Sinisterra and Roger could be up his sleeve for all I know.)

9. HomietheClown and ryu79 repped this.
  10. He extended in january iirc his contract that ended in 2023 with a year, so until mid 2024.

11. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    How strange his IG featured a symbol for signing yesterday and referred to news coming.

Maybe an endorsement deal? No way Feyenoord would be agreeing to terms with someone on a deal at this stage I think.

12. No idea. Maybe news has to announced yet.

13. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Que si, que no, que...

1441846809845014528 is not a valid tweet id

Marca el segundo en el 2-0 parcial de Feyenoord.

14. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Clinical finish!

15. lvbeto

lvbeto Member

Jul 27, 2007
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The second half has been a fun watch. It ended 5-3 but Feyenoord was actually down 2-3 at one point.

Furnaccio repped this.
  16. Froboy69

Froboy69 Member+

Inter Milan
    Colombia
    Mar 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    He looks pretty fast~

17. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sinisterra in one wing and diaz in another....will be like a salah -mane new era....rueda needs to prove

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  18. Furnaccio

Furnaccio Member+

Feb 19, 2008
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Who would you put on the right? What do you think of something like this?

Duvan (9 role)
    Diaz (2nd Striker)
    Sinister-James/JFQ
    Barrios-Cuadrado (I kinda like cuadrado in a deeper MF role)
    Back 4
    Ospina

pepinointer repped this.
  19. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I think Diaz can play on the right

but being that he is a bigger star, try Sinister

Furnaccio repped this.
  20. Azucarero

Azucarero Member+

May 9, 2008
  21. ryu79

ryu79 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 17, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    1443704092459773957 is not a valid tweet id

HomietheClown repped this.
  22. villus

villus Member+

Jun 5, 2008
    salvia are really tough defensively to play against too.

23. I think he needs a good rest before playing a nat team match. The energy drain in the last few Feyenoord matches were significant.

pepinointer repped this.
  24. Tio Nicci

Tio Nicci Member+

Nov 13, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Deportivo Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The good thing, we get the Dutch on ESPN +, I watched him play last night on the loss they had.

J-Mezzy and Furnaccio repped this.
  25. After the incidents with the Union staff being attacked we can expect the UEFA having instructed the ref to be without mercy for Feyenoord.
    We're walking on eggs this match.
    [​IMG]
    Senesi isnot well, so Geertruida replaces him in the defense. Sinisterra is back.

Mind you, the 18:45 is CEST, so the match starts in 25 minutes.

kromekote repped this.