L'Pool/Rovers/ManYoo [R]

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by EstebanGranero23, Nov 5, 2007.

1. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Since no one is making threads on the regular, heres the next three matchups. All really tough ones. I'm really only looking forward to the L'Pool one, I think were going to kick ass.

2. square

square Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    I'm optimistically hoping for 4 points out of these next three games ...
    Between Liverpool and Blackburn I'm hoping we'll pull off one win (B'Burn) and one draw (Liverpool) ... I really don't see any chance of taking any points away from the ManU game.

I know that some people might think those predictions are a bit odd, but here's my reasoning ... keep in mind, this is optimistic ...
    Liverpool is a great side, but seems to be having a little trouble with Rafa's constant tactical adjustments. I know that they'll be be looking to get a full three at home, especially after their disappointing draw this past weekend, but I think that if Dempsey and Davies can keep moving the ball in midfield (like they did against Reading) and Kuqi and Healy produce like they did on Saturday, we'll be able to score in counter-attack to earn a solid draw.

Blackburn, although a point and two places higher in the table then L'Pool, has scored fewer goals (15) then L'Pool and conceded more (9). I'm hoping that since the game is at the Cottage that Fulham can build on their newly found cohesion and pull this one out.

Go Fulham!

3. Brixton

Brixton New Member

Oct 28, 2007
    Yes that is a fair though optimistic prediction. Sanchez has finally lit a fire under Healy's arse!

There's only one F'in Fulham!

4. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Liverpool vs Fulham ::The EPL 07/08:: Goals and Clips LIVE

Saturday, 10th November, kick-off: 17:15 (BST)

[​IMG]

[​IMG] VS [​IMG]

The Reds are still unbeaten in the Premier League this season, but they slipped down to seventh following last weekend's draw at Blackburn.
    Fulham have so far failed to register a win away from Craven Cottage, but they were the last club to beat Liverpool in the league.

FORM GUIDE

Liverpool

Nov 6 v Besiktas (H) WON 8-0 (Champ League)
    Nov 3 v Blackburn (A) DREW 0-0 (PREM)
    Oct 31 v Cardiff (H) WON 2-1 (Carling)
    Oct 28 v Arsenal (H) DREW 1-1 (PREM)
    Oct 24 v Besiktas (A) LOST 2-1 (Champ League)

Fulham

Nov 3 v Reading (H) WON 3-1 (PREM)
    Oct 27 v Sunderland (A) DREW 1-1 (PREM)
    Oct 20 v Derby (H) DREW 0-0 (PREM)
    Oct 7 v Portsmouth (H) LOST 2-0 (PREM)
    Sept 29 v Chelsea (A) Drew 0-0 (PREM)

skysports.com prediction:

Liverpool 2 Fulham 0

Goal.com prediction:

Liverpool 3 Fulham 0

Check this Thread Frequently During the Match for Goals and Clips LIVE

5. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Liverpool vs Fulham ::The EPL 07/08:: Goals and Clips LIVE

I am staying optimistic- I think we can steal a point today, anything more than that and I would be really pleased.

6. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  7. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  8. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  9. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  10. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  11. ReMad

ReMad Member

Feb 25, 2007
  12. JayRockers!

JayRockers! Member+

Aug 4, 2001
    So, Dempsey is carded for kicking the ball after the whistle, yet Crouch shoots one into the net in the same situation and isn't carded.

Why is there such a bias against foreign players in the Premiership? Usually it's an African or South American player getting carded for a particularly hard challenge or a "dive" but when a British player does it, it's play on?

Not blaming the ref for the loss, but his inconsistancy kinda makes you wonder...

Thx,

Jay!

13. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Typical big club bias...nothing Fulham can do about it unfortunately.

For one of the first times all season, I can say our defense played out of their skins although our "80th minute sleepies' came to haunt us and we were made to pay. I think I am more upset than I normally would be (I figured we'd lose) but this giving up goals in the last 10 minutes is wearing me thin. I was not impressed with Kamara, S. Davis, and a few others but thought Dempsey, Niemi, Kuqi, Baird, Hughes, Boca all did quite well.

As usual, the travelling Fulham fans did us very very proud and I have to say the Liverpool 'fans' (they are as plastic as Chelsea these days) were shocking, it's the third time I've went and this was the worst atmosphere at Anfield ever. I think they were all up for a drubbing of Fulham and didn't sing til they scored...oh well, it's the way of football in the Prem these days.

Blackburn at home up next, it won't be easy and I would say that maybe Smertin and Dempsey in the middle would be an improvement.

FTID

14. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was in London at the time.

I swear, if I hear one more TV commentator say something to the effect of "Unfortunate result for Fulham. They really outplayed them today..." I'm going to go ballistic.

15. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it really is frustrating playing so well, and not getting results.

16. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    My line up against Blackburn:

Niemi

Omusuzi -- Hughes -- Boca -- Konchesky

Davies -- Smertin -- Dempsey -- Bouazza

Healy -- Kamara

Kuqi to come off the bench

17. square

square Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    FSC Match of the week ... tomorrow at 11/10am central ... i'll be watching for sure!!!
    Let's hope that someone ... anyone can find the back of the net tomorrow.
    I hope that he makes me eat my words tomorrow, but it anyone else becoming less impressed by Healy by the game?
    As far as creativity goes, I guess our best hope is that Davies has another game like he did against Reading.
    Go Fulham!!!

18. OKTerrific

OKTerrific Member

Sep 10, 2005
    The River End
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm so fired up for this game. I work at a Soccer store, we have a big flat screen TV and I will have last years' away jersey on, probably scaring customers with my outbursts.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. tomwilhelm

tomwilhelm Member+

Dec 14, 2005
    Boston, MA, USA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yet another draw.

2 wins in 14 isn't good enough Laurie...

20. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Just got back from the match.

Niemi was my MOTM by far and some of his saves were spectacular. Fulham, were average and only met by a very average Rovers side. Was happy with a point but definitely frustrated to, yet again, have a lead into the last 10 minutes and give a goal away. Oh well. Bring on the scum from the North.

21. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, if it wasn't for Niemi, there wouldn't even be a point to salvage from that match. He was brilliant.

Good atmosphere for the match, too.... High energy for the second half. Still, what a travesty to crap out again at the 80th..

22. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the first Blackburn goal should have been called offside.

23. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    I saw that it was offsides and I was behind the other goal in the Hammersmith end.

24. square

square Member

Aug 23, 2007
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Niemi sure did make some excellent saves!

Looking forward to the ManU game ...

25. EstebanGranero23

Sep 25, 2005
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ManU was just so dominant last night. We had very few solid chances and failed to put them away. I was kinda against Dempsey coming off. I think Davies shoulda come off and they played with Healy and Kuqi, and Dempsey and Bouazza behind them.

Man, I wanna make UEFA this year. :(