Louisiana to David Duke: We poop on you!

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by tcmahoney, Oct 5, 2003.

1. tcmahoney

tcmahoney New Member

Feb 14, 1999
    Metronatural
    Asian-American conservative to face slightly less conservative Cajun woman in Lousiana governor's race runoff

Heartening to see the state that flirted with electing David Duke to high office make these choices.

While I'm sure I disagree with Bobby Jindal on about 90 percent of the issues, it's undeniable he's already got quite the resume for a 32-year-old. Look for his name to pop up as a vice-presidential possibility from 2008 on out, or even a presidential possibility. A young, ambitious go-getting Rhodes Scholar who revels in being a policy wonk ... where have we seen that before?

Reminds me of the 1988 Bloom County strip, where Oliver Wendell Jones' dad is reassuring Binkley, who's been panicking over Jesse Jackson's presidential run: "The first black president will be a Republican. I, myself, am voting for Al Haig." Personally, I think Berkeley Breathed had it right.

2. Ian McCracken

Ian McCracken Member

May 28, 1999
    USA
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What a condescending post. Did it ever occur to you that Duke ran a strong challenge because he posed as a conservative against Edwin Edwards, one of the most corrupt politicians in US history? Jindal is a conservative, that's why he's running strong in LA. Race has no bearing, but in liberal minds LA voters must be "growing" and becoming less racist. Whatever.

3. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    I'd never heard of Jindal before but he seems promising.

Maybe a run for the White House 10, 15 years from now?