Lothar

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by metrostars1969, Apr 12, 2006.

1. metrostars1969

metrostars1969 New Member

Aug 14, 2005
    This is from Metrofanatic.

"Brace yourself; the circus is beginning. MetroFanatic has learned that former Metro Lothar Matthaus, who most recently walked out on a Brazilian club he was coaching, has approached old cohort and Red Bull New York "advisor" Franz Beckenbauer about a role with the club. Whether that role is as a coach or in the front office is not known. However, with the rumored move of Alexi Lalas and the hot seat that Mo Johnston is supposed to be on, anything is possible."

http://www.metrofanatic.com/story.jsp?ID=3444

2. BhoysFC1995

BhoysFC1995 New Member

Nov 30, 1999
    NYC
    he will get injured while advising, and then have to recover on the beaches of the french riviera as per Herr Doctor's orders.

3. DiscoWarrior11

Dec 27, 2005
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He'll probably land some sort of job here... which is amazing because he's definitely not a Metros legend, far from it as we all know.

So he walked out on a Brazilian club... that sounds about right.

I was hoping that Matthaus would be one of the icons that washed away with the Metrostar name. To see him coming back in any form with the Red Bulls is disturbing.... but with Austrian owners, it sounds like it's gonna come through.

As long as he never coaches here, I'll brush it off.

4. Red Bull Wings

Red Bull Wings New Member

Apr 4, 2006
    my own little world
    Please dear God no.....

5. blue32828

blue32828 New Member

Jun 23, 2005
    orlando
    If he comes to the scarlet bovine all i can say is.....DAMMIT ASS

6. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am Lothar, conqueror of the 2 minute coaching drill in Brazil, cheater of wives, robber of MLS funds, waster of precious time, master of resting on beaches... hear me roar!

7. Simster

Simster Member

May 16, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Brighton & Hove Albion FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  8. Exit16W

Exit16W New Member

Aug 27, 2005
    Reston VA
    If Red Bull does this it would seem to me that they are trying to offend the diehard fans who have stuck with this team year after year. Why are we talking about firing Mo he is only two games in. I think this week is the turning point get a good result in SLC and all this talk of firing Mo will fade away.

9. Rickster

Rickster Member

Dec 1, 1998
    The only way I would be happy about Lothar coming to RB is if it kept Giorgio at bay.

10. United1

United1 Member+

Feb 23, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    As a DC fan, the thought of Giorgio and Lothar in charge of NY makes me a very, very happy man.

11. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    What Lothat did in Brazil was totally unprofessional. Atletico treated him very well and he just took off on them.