Los Angeles Galaxy vs DC United PRE/POST Match Discussion [R]

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Knave, Sep 17, 2003.

1. TequilaJoal

TequilaJoal Red Card

Mar 3, 2002
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called it

Even as dc united punked out the whole match.

playing 10 men behind the ball looking for that counter attack. as they chopped down anyone in a dangerous position picking up foul after foul.. til kevin "ding dong" terry just stopped calling fouls for us anymore.

the lads still put one in.. a just result.

I will go on record early and call a Galaxy victory against K.C. next Saturday... It should be bobble head night every home game.

2. pc4th

pc4th New Member

Jun 14, 2003
    North Poll
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    where are all the LAG posters?
    Can we unite ALL LAG posters into one specific message boards? Why didn't the official site link Big soccer as their official message board? like the majority of MLS teams? oh well......

3. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    Which one of you punks stole my Cobi Jones bobblehead!?

4. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a different Galaxy team playing and I liked what I saw: good control, decent defense, attacking and great scoring chances. If we could have converted our shots, we could have had 3 goals. Hartman was solid again. Albright could almost have fulfilled my delusional fantasy of having a hat-trick because I thought he had 2 shots that were saved by either the woodwork or a player.

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's up with the field at HDC? It looks like they had a tractor pull last week.

6. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a confirmed DC hater dating from 1996, I couldn't have been happier.

One can only hope that this is the kind of emotional loss that tears the heart out of a team and their season goes entirely down the tubes. I sat behind the benches at the end of the game and just relished watching Ray Hudson slumped over in disbelief. What's the old saying? Revenge is a drink best drunk cold! Have one on me, Ray!

In a season I would just as soon forget, this provides one moment I will always remember.

7. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TequilaJoal, good call. And I was ready for that guarantee, but the G's pulled the winner.

As for the field, I blame Dave Matthews Band. I think he had two shows there and the stage and whatnot tore that sucker up. It hasn't been the pretty pitch ever since then.

8. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    word. screw dave matthews and his pseudo-world pap.