Pre-match: Los Angeles Galaxy - San Jose Earthquakes (Saturday, 10/24) pregame thread

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Raiders fans are saying "don't care if we're at the bottom of the league just so long as we don't move to LA"

2. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County
    Bashnu doesn't sound Japanese. ;) Bosatsu maybe :D

3. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We can only hope the Raiders move to LA. They're a match made in hell.

4. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    No. The soccer goddesses are all Hindu in origin: Bashnu, Crashnu, Thrashnu, Smashnu, Lashnu and Trashnu. I almost forgot Clashnu, but she retired several years ago.

5. krudmonk

krudmonk Member+

Mar 7, 2007
    S.J. Sonora
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The Gals fans are getting precious with their shit talk. I guess if TMZ.com doesn't tell them that they haven't beaten the Quakes in 16 months, they won't remember.

6. Benz280

Benz280 Member

Sep 4, 2006
    Galaxias
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello Monk,it will be changed this weekend:p

7. darkstar10990

darkstar10990 Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final game of the year. Our dying horse finally gets its bullet. :p

While the Galaxy fans are looking towards the playoffs, we Quakes faithful can only look towards this game. Let's hope the boys end this losing season the same way we did last season against Toronto: in winning fashion. :D

I predict 2-1 Quakes, goals by Johnson, Salinas, and Donovan.

8. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    AEG's latest show is going to start their first XI! match on...

I stole this from a very informed poster (in other words I believe it without checking) on BS for the next opponent:

In 2009 the LA Galaxy record when scoring the first goal is 11W - 0L - 1T; When the other team scores first 0W - 6L - 8T.

To borrow the old adage: vote early, vote often is changed to: score early, score often.

9. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    Circled on his calendar I am sure for a long time.

BTW; Burling also from LA will have a great match as well.

10. QuietType

QuietType Member+

Jun 6, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was wrong earlier when I said all we were playing for was pride and hurting LA going into the playoffs. We are playing to equal last year's record.. If we win, we will finish the season with the exact same record as last year. If we tie or lose, we will finish worse than last year.. For some reason, I felt like last year was worse.. hopefully we can at least say we did as well as last year, and not worse... :(

11. El Pitudo

El Pitudo New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    You mean Alvarez & Sanchez

12. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    ...and Ronald Cerritos, who is signed by the Quakes to a one-game contract and scores on a bicycle kick - for the Salvadoran Hat Trick.

13. Naco

Naco Member

Aug 5, 2001
    and Diaz Arce? For the record, that failed experiment makes Convey at central attacking mid look like a stroke of genius.

14. UrawaRed

UrawaRed New Member

Dec 19, 2000
    Kiyose, Tokyo
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Everyone remembers Ronald, and everyone forgets Raul, who as I remember was to be one part of the great strike combo. I also remember Salvadoran fans going berserk as Diaz Arce flubbed another.

15. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    The person who introduced me to the Earthquakes (and has since "moved on" into Eurosnobbery) decided to get married this Saturday, and so I not only will be unable to get to LA, I probably won't even be able to watch the game (unless I can find it on a station in Boston). So please scream extra loudly at your television on my behalf, and some choice obscenities at the right moment would also be appropriate.

16. RFCFan

RFCFan New Member

Mar 10, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I guess there is no depth to your loathing of LA.

17. athletics68

athletics68 Member+

Dec 12, 2006
    San Diego & San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nope. Now that Hollywood has lost its place as the mecca for TV and movie production I see nothing in LA that redeems it. It's nothing but one giant smog filled, water stealing, life sucking, parking lot. To me it's nothing but a road block between San Diego and Santa Barbara. The Raiders would fit in nicely.

1 person likes this.
  18. Neuwerld

Neuwerld Member+

Oct 15, 2007
    California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    And even then, today's TV and movies suck ass. Well, the big, popular, widespread ones at least.

19. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would to associate myself with the excellent comments by my colleague athletics68.

Everything about el-lay sucks like the vacuum of deep space.

Honorable mention to Neuwerld also.

Go Quakes!! :eek:
    Beat el-lay! Whip el-lay! @#$ el-lay

- Mark

20. El Pitudo

El Pitudo New Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Did Cienfuegos re-sign with the Earthquakes too? :eek:

21. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Normally, I'd make the run down to Smell-A for this, but we just visited our daughter (who much to our dismay chose a college in Scum-central) last weekend, and I'm still trying to wash out the miasma of smog, scum, filth, and smug attitude in which I wallowed during our four days in Hell. The last thing I want to do now is to go back to that obnoxious pit.

And while I'm on the topic, if I never see another superannuated, bleached blonde, anorexic 50-something with silicone-enhanced lips and dugs poured into an obscenely tight-fitting pair of jeans again I will be more than happy. This sort of parody of the female sex seems to be the norm down there these days. It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic.

Oh, and while my daughter loves her school, the experience of living down there has retained, yea, reinforced in her the sense of loathing toward the "sewer-to-the-south" that all right-thinking folks feel.

22. West Coast Futbol

May 7, 2008
    The Beach
    As a 4th generation San Franciscan, who lived in SF through college, then lived and continued to prosper in LA for another 30 years, I have one thing to say: move to Florida its an ugrade over both. It's great here.....

23. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    [​IMG]

Florida, after a few more years of climate change, will be neither an upgrade, nor great. It will simply be the mosquito-ridden, geriatric-infested swamp inherently unable to support an MLS team it has always been...

24. sportsfan-quakes

Mar 19, 2005
    San Jose
    Haha - you had me checking the news reports to see if this was actually true :eek:

I'd actually like to see Amarikwa get a start this weekend and put Alvarez in central midfield along with Sanchez. Given the limited players that the team has, I think this line up would at least have some speed and might be able to create some offense.

--- Johnson -- Amarikwa
    Convey -- Alvarez -- Sanchez -- Salinas
    Corrales -- McDonald -- Burling/Pitch/Hernandez -- Leitch
    -- Cannon --

But I expect we'll see the same thing we saw last week with Elliott starting in the middle with Sanchez, and Arturo starting up top.

25. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    Quoted for truth. I spent some time down there as well, and the day that I moved back up here was one of the happiest of my life.