Los Angeles at Kansas City, 11 October - pre-game

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by Roush, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No preview as of yet on MLSNET, but just wanted to remind everyone about the homework for this weekend.

With the return of the Fish and his diving antics to Arrowhead this weekend, don't forget your fish and noose.

We can't clinch third with this game, but we put ourselves firmly in the driver's seat with a win. LA finishes the regular season with a home-and-home at San Jose, and Colorado faces San Jose on Friday night.

A win also puts us in good shape for taking second from Colorado, as they finish out on the road (to Chicago and Dallas) while we're at home to Dallas and on the road to DC.

2. KC Salty

KC Salty Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In addition to the homework assignment, here is an extra credit project:

Does anyone have an old poncho that could be marked or painted to read:

BEER PONCHO

Then we drape it over the wall whenever a Galaxy player comes to take a corner kick. :D

3. Spoon

Spoon Member

Feb 25, 1999
    Overland Park Ks
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL I love it consider it done!!!

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I am working on something. It is top secret..... but I need some help with some slogans. It has to pertain with Sigi's weight problem. The more the merrier for maximum effect. The more obnoxious the better. Here are some that I have already.

Sigi for Subway
    LA's #1 Fan (crossed out replaced with) Fat
    YokoSigi
    Sigi the Hutt
    I ate all the pies

5. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kinda ironic, methinks... :D

A coupla slogans...
    - Sigi Schmid: the albino Klump. (A little esoteric, but decent)
    - Gone all pear-shaped.

6. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a great one :D

7. EvertoniaWest

EvertoniaWest New Member

Oct 5, 2000
    St Louis
    free tickets for this game

I'll be at the tailgate. I have 5-6 tickets to give away. These are unused season ticket from previous games so you'll have to go to the box office and exchange them, but except for that small investment of your time, totally free.
    I guess you can PM me here or e-mail me at popeye_mb@hotmail.com. When they're all spoken for I'll post again.
    We ARE kc WIZ!
    Forza Milan
    Aguante Chivas
    EVERTONIA!!!!

MikeB,StL,Mo,USA

8. KCWIZFLAG

KCWIZFLAG Member

Oct 31, 2002
    Gladstone, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here are some:

Sigi Schmid: Louie Anderson's little brother
    Piggi Sigi
    Sigi Schmid: Jenny Craig's worst nightmare
    PillsSigi Dough-Boy
    Stay-Puft Sigi Man

He's swallowed a lot of aggression-along with a lot of pizzas!

Schmid-party of 5-your table is ready!

That's all I got for now-but I'll keep thinking them up.

9. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good one...

Matt, if I may ask, what is up with the slogans?

And should we add another piece to the homework? (Assorted Slim-Fast paraphenalia?)

10. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I still want it to be sort of a surprise..... I am still searching around for it, but I have seen it out there. These slogans will be "tatooed"....

Oh and the Slim-Fast Challenge is still in effect. For everyone that gets me Sigi Schmids autograph on a peice of slimfast paraphenalia earns themselves a free beer in the stadium and my utmost admiration.

11. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Meanwhile, back to the game:

REFEREE: Kevin Stott. SAR (bench): Craig Lowry; JAR (opposite): Tom Supple; 4th: Terry Vaughn
    Games involving Wizards: P14 W7 L7 T0; FC/gm: 22.6; Y/gm: 2.3; R: 3; pens: 2
    Games involving Galaxy: P17 W9 L7 T1; FC/gm: 23.1; Y/gm: 3.1; R: 1; pens: 3
    INJURY REPORT: KANSAS CITY WIZARDS – OUT: D Jose Luis Burciaga (R torn ACL); QUESTIONABLE: F Josh Wolff (L ankle sprain); PROBABLE: F Igor Simutenkov (R calf strain) … LOS ANGELES GALAXY – OUT: D Scot Thompson (L torn ACL), M Sasha Victorine (R fractured hip); M Antonio Martinez (L knee torn meniscus); QUESTIONABLE: F Alejandro Moreno (R knee sprain); D Ryan Suarez (strained lower back); PROBABLE: M Guillermo Gonzalez (strained lower back); F Diego Serna (L knee sprain); D Danny Califf (R hamstring strain);
    INTERNATIONAL ABSENCES: LA: Simon Elliott (New Zealand, v Iran Oct. 11)
    SUSPENDED: none
    YELLOW PERIL: KC: Diego Gutierrez (19 CP); Kerry Zavagnin (17 CP); Alex Zotinca (20 CP); Preki (20 CP) … LA: Cobi Jones (20 CP); Ryan Suarez (17 CP); Tyrone Marshall (20 CP)

No Victorine, Martinez, Moreno, Suarez, or Elliot. Serna, Memo, and Califf are hobbled. If SJ can just overcome their absences to beat COL in Denver, second place might be up for grabs.

12. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Hopefully I will remember a fish, but who knows? I do have the materials for the new flag, and my mother's superior sewing skills (never trust a fiance who can't cook or clean to be able to sew, too!) with me while I'm visiting, so hopefully it will finally be done.

Matt, does the autograph have to be on the front? Can I get him to sign the back of a label that Sigi is unaware is of slim fast? :)

13. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to distract from the Sigi posts, but a win will puts 6 points up on LA with two games to go - and gives us at least third place. (A win gives a 3-1 head to head record against the Gals.)

GO Wizards!!!

14. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    I suppose that would work, but you just get the beer my admiration doesn't go that cheap.

15. Mad_Bishop

Mad_Bishop Member

Oct 11, 2000
    Columbia, MO
    Maybe I'll win your admiration when you see the flag tommorow...but then again, you are the genius who came up with the big ass checkerd flag.

16. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    As of 10:13 in the AM I can not find the critical peice for my little project. I am totally bummed. I have tried nemourous stores across the metro area and they were all out. I will try two more on the way up today, but I am running out of hope.......... sigh