Lords of Baltimore

Discussion in 'The River End' started by scott topic, Mar 5, 2010.

1. scott topic

scott topic Member

May 8, 2009
    State College, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, they're kinda like the Lords of Flatbush, but without the cool jackets.

More info on Charm City here.

3. scott topic

scott topic Member

May 8, 2009
    State College, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i wonder how far the Union's reach will be... Baltimore is probably United country at the moment, but I think Union could certainly attract on-the-fencers.

what i am wondering is if there really is room for 3 MLS teams within such close proximity just yet.

4. ventur514

ventur514 Member

Feb 23, 2008
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess it depends on if you mean "official" reach. I'm in MD, five minutes over the DE line; I'm waiting on the team to tell me if I'm in their territory for my youth club to sign up.

Unofficial reach? Oh yeah, we're huge in Baltimore. :D

5. iamgeorge

iamgeorge New Member

Jan 15, 2010
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wouldn't shock me if they turned this into a "we'll build DC United a new stadium" campaign. I'm sure anything to get them away from RFK would be a positive outcome.

6. TheScarfMachine

May 1, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These guys are pretty alright. A couple of them come out for our USMNT viewing parties downtown.

Baltimore is currently contested territory between Philadelphia and DCU. Most people are DCU fans, but I know of at least five Union season ticket holders from here.

7. SideshowBob

SideshowBob Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Maryland
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Baltimore has sort of a love hate relationship with DC. People in Baltimore don't really follow DC teams with any consistency -- the Wizards and Caps have their fans in Baltimore, but people are just as likely to be fans of other NBA/NHL teams as the DC ones even though the DC teams are carried locally on CSN-Mid-Atlantic. Most Baltimore folks dislike DC as a city and what they perceive as ego from the populace there and many people never venture to DC for cultural stuff even at off-hours when traffic isn't bad.

My point being, I think Baltimore is has a pretty distinct culture and identity from DC and I think the populace would be much more likely to support a local MLS team based on Balt than they would watch one from DC (or Philly) even if they could follow that team easily on TV.

8. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Baltimore, and my buddy SLO Gunner & I both have season tickets to the Union.

9. scott topic

scott topic Member

May 8, 2009
    State College, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    good man!

10. kevin ryan

kevin ryan Member

Jan 30, 2010
    elkton md
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    although i live on the md\de line, i am a city employee and a season ticket holder. on a side note there, one of the lords of bmore organizers works for dc united

11. Martin Herrera

Martin Herrera New Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    After living in Baltimore,Maryland for a few months I have encounter few soccer fanatics and wonder why this state doesn't a soccer team in the MLS.
    Have learned about the L.O.R.D.S of Baltimore but wonder with Chivas USA looking for a new home why not request them to come to Maryland of course changing the name first lol

12. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    do we really need a team in baltimore and dc? is there enough fan base to support 2 teams so close? this isnt the mlb or nfl

13. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy necrophilia, Batman!!

Last post ... March 19, 2010.

I prefer Lords of Acid.

14. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At least there's a @ventur514 post in this thread.

15. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know this thread is a bit old, but thought I'd try here. I've been to a few Union games over the past few years, and I am hooked. I usually sit down by the river end, and love the atmosphere. Thinking about joining SOB but I live in Baltimore, so couldn't make many games. Are there members/supporters here in Baltimore? Could be cool to carpool and/or meetup to watch away games. There are lots of DC United fans around here and I can't stand it. Thanks.

16. TOTC

TOTC Member

Feb 20, 2001
    Laurel, MD, USA
    Daaaarling, come heeeeere .....