Looking for "comeback game" video!!

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by SuperQuake, Jun 30, 2005.

1. SuperQuake

SuperQuake New Member

Jun 11, 2005
    Quakes fans... I have heard of a certain big game that happened a couple of years ago...something about a comeback against LA... I have SEARCHED the hole WWW trying to find the video... not luck. Does any one of you have it? It seems that I'm the only Quake fan that hasn't seen that game...

PLEASE... respond to this note with tips about how to get a copy... cheers!!! :)

2. SJtotalfootball

May 26, 2004
    The Hayward Fault
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've got a tape with the LA, KC, and MLS Cup games from 2003. Shite quality but the tape exists.

Actually, I have the entire LA game on DVD, in Spanish. It's on the 2003 DVD.

3. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That game was actually put to DVD. It's a two DVD set titled "WE BELIEVE" - The Story of the 2003 San Jose Earthquakes. One dvd is the game (announced in Spanish) and the other is behind the scenes clips of the 2003 MLS Champion Earthquakes.

It's AWESOME!!

Not sure where you can find it now. Maybe contact ClubQuake or the Quakes office.

OR, maybe someone here can help you find it.

4. MLSFAN20

MLSFAN20 New Member

May 20, 2001
    East Bay, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could possibly burn the 2003 DVD for you. If you're interested, leave me a message on here.

5. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I vote that the Quake head office put out more games on DVD.

6. yanks02

yanks02 New Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Houston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I actually was looking for a copy of the 2003 DVD they released as well. I was stupid and never got around to ordering mine, and then when I tried they were all gone. I've got the games on tape, but I want the good quality Spanish version. I could pay someone for cost and shipping if anyone could burn it for me.

7. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I bought my copy just a couple of months ago at California Custom, in Santa Clara. They had some more copies back then.

And I'm pleased to hear that the Spanish commentary is normal; I was thinking my DVD player was busted. Although I wish I could get the English soundtrack somehow.

8. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Airblair.

Weren't you a moderator of these forums many years back?

Sorry if I'm wrong, but your screen name is very familiar.

9. bri637

bri637 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    San Bruno, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey all, this is my first post. But to talk about the english commentary for that playoff game against LA, the game wasn't televised I'm pretty sure, because I was following that whole match on the Quakes website, so a few days after that game on FOX Soccer Channel (at that time, Fox Sports World) they replayed the game, but it seemed the commentary was added after the game had already happened, because with such a great comeback, the announcers didn't show much emotion for what was occuring and seemed like they knew what was going to happen. Come on, coming back from 4 goals down? I'm sure the LA announcers even showed emotion, most likely crying and excuse making, but emotion nonetheless. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

GO QUAKES!!!!!!!!!!!

10. leftjab

leftjab Member

Jan 11, 2004
    Berkeley
    you are correct there was a replay with post-live action commentary provided later over Fox Sports World, an "instant clasico" as it were. But there were Spanish & English live versions of the away LA broadcasts for the LA market. Yahoo had a free sign-up for broadcast of MLS games in 2003 which allowed watching games on delay for a week on the computer, and when I returned home that night from Spartan I watched the highlights of the live LA coverage in English. It was quite sweet to hear the silence of the LA announcers during the comeback, including Ricky Davis who also was one of the post-action announcers on the Fox Sports World broadcast. The DVD set, which I own, has the live Spanish coverage, which probably isn't as offensive to us 'quakes fans as either of the English versions with Galaxy announcers.

11. bri637

bri637 Member

Jun 26, 2005
    San Bruno, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup yup, you're right, I forgot about watching parts of it online and listening to the LA guys. Once we tied the game, you could tell in their voices that the inevitable was near. I don't mind the spanish commentary on the DVD, just the reactions by the crowd tells the story. Even to this day I'm kicking myself for not going to that game. :(

12. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Way back, in the dark ages. Like 2002. I quit in April of that year because my first child was born and I couldn't devote any time to moderating. Also, soon thereafter Bigsoccer moved to a premium website model (i.e., started charging for priority access) and I'm really cheap. So I basically got frustrated with all the "server is busy, but we'll let you in if you give us money" and took a vacation from posting.

And now that they've upgraded the servers and I rarely get the server busy message, I'm posting a lot more often now.

But I'm still too cheap to upgrade. (Especially since the wife and I had our second kid two months ago. Gotta save for college . . . :D )

13. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excellent idea, spejic! :)

14. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "I can't believe it, I can't believe it." One of the greatest moments in sports broadcasting.

15. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I knew it!

Well, welcome bak as a regular ole poser....I mean poster. :D

16. Airblair

Airblair Member

Dec 8, 1999
    Redwood City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. MaraDoyle

MaraDoyle Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Casbah
  18. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. SuperQuake

SuperQuake New Member

Jun 11, 2005
    :mad: yeah... i had the same feeling... crap

20. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at the Juse 25th game with LA and would like to see what that game looked like on TV. I don't see a link to the full game on the mlsnet site. Does anyone know of a way to see the full game?