Lonely JOB

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by freisland, Sep 2, 2003.

1. asdf

asdf New Member

Mar 1, 1999
    I been there. I scored there. I think St. Kitts is a truly beatiful, fascinating and undervisited corner of the universe with great people who will never in a million years be able to defeat the United States of America in a men's international soccer match.

2. ajaxusa

ajaxusa Member

Jul 6, 1999
    No wonder y'all think JOB is lonely... We don't even talk about him in a forum about how lonely he is. ;-)

3. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well we (st. kitts) can beat us (usa) in the 100m mens. world champion kim collins!!! :D

4. tmeuz

tmeuz New Member

May 13, 2003
    Denver, CO
    I miss watching this guy play.

Is there a thread for greatest goals scored by US players? I just came across JOB's goal against Vitesse last season on the Ajax side, and I think it would deserve some consideration. It finished in the top 10 Ajax goals last season.

To view it, go to this link:
    http://www.ajax.nl/show/id=4217/dbid=79/typeofpage=1821#

Scroll down the right most column and look for the red colored header that says 'wedstrijdbeelden'. JOB's goal is listed first, choose 'low', 'mid' or 'high' depending on your connect speed.

BTW, I also remember a great goal scored by Earnie Stewart when NAC played Ajax last year- I can track it down if anyone's interested.

5. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    That is a hell of a goal. He does have that ability to volley balls with power and on target.

6. art

art Member

Jul 2, 2000
    Portland OR
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have been there, the only field I saw was more rocks and sand than anything else. Beautiful place though.