London under the terrorist boot.

Discussion in 'Cups & Competitions' started by Hartfield, Jul 7, 2005.

1. menace2society

menace2society New Member

May 19, 2005
    Saudi, lets not compare the murderers of al queda, to The USA, the usa may not have made the best decision going in to iraq, but they are nice human beings, and only this week at the g8 summit they have agreed to give more aid to africa than any other country, so i don' think blowing up innocent people on a bus really compares with being the most generous people in the world, usa wants the world to be better the terrorists want to destroy life because they are scum who worship a god that doesn't exist, i don't mean allah, i mean the god that tells them to kill infidels so they can go to paradise and sleep with virgins, i wouldn't kill a person so i could sleep with a girl would you!!

2. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I agree with you, USA is a good country, but there isn't any country with all good and no bad. No god has told to kill infidels so they can sleep with virgins, these are all Western media propangda to ruin Islam's view to non-muslims. The people who state these are stupid sheikhs who use Islam to help them achieve what they want, they want Blah Blah to end, they say Blah
    Blah is haram so get rid of it/him.

3. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    only tools post ridiculous comments like what you have posted.

SHOW SOME RESPECT YOU FOOL

The only shortsighted person is YOU.

You wouldn't like it if your parents got caught in the bombings and ppl were having a go at you. Some of these ppl may of had relatives who were caught in the bombings. But you wouldn't give a rats. :mad:

4. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Sympathies to Londoners. However, this will never end until moderate Muslims get fed up. Here's hoping that happens soon. The USA, UK and the rest of the rationale world need their help.

5. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Yes, I wonder what would be a better scenario for the fight against terrorism - a split between moderate muslims and extremist ones, or an increased cleft between muslims and non-muslims? Which is exactly why hating muslims plays into terrorists' hands.

6. Ipswichfan4life

Ipswichfan4life New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Ipswich, Suffolk
    i was in central London at the time it was going on and it was horrible, i have never been so scared, but the terroists will never win!
    thnx for the best wishes.

7. mookhead

mookhead New Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Metro Chicago
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I just want to express my sympathy for those who lost love ones in London. For the people who were injured in that terrible terrorist act, I hope they heal and come back stronger than before. The U.S. and the rest of the world is behind you all the way.

8. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I agree, of course it's a fine line to do what you have to catch terrorists and to avoid pissing off a lot of Muslims. However, it appears now that we are doing very little if anything to bring the moderates onto the side of sanity. We should reach out to them in a big way IMO.

On the other hand we can't do everything. These moderate Muslims need to get the HELL OFF THEIR COLLECTIVE ASSES and stand up for what their religion truly means. Their reactions, or lack there of, to the attacks in NY and Madrid were nothing short of disgusting. I'm seeing a little more outrage about London, but it isn't remotely enough.

9. RichardL

RichardL BigSoccer Supporter

May 2, 2001
    Berkshire
    Club:
    Reading FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    out of curiousity I went on to a couple of islamic message boards to see what they were saying, and to a man they were disgusted by the events of last week. I didn't see a single post saying it was a good thing, or that it was Britain's fault for going into Iraq, or that they were justified, or anything like that.

However, I did see a great deal of denial that these attacks (and other al-queda attacks) were anything to do with muslims, squarely on the fact that the koran forbids such actions. Alarmingly quite a few expressed belief that all these attacks were caused by Israel/USA/Britain to create an atmosphere of hatred so they could attack the islamic world. There was a fair bit are arguing between those who belived that, and those who thought it nonsense, with both sides geting no further than saying the other must be brainwashed, either by muslim extremists or western media, to believe their viewpoint.

10. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    I've done the same thing a few times and always run into those consipracy theories. I agree, it is very alarming and you can't expect them to speak out and get pissed against their brethren if they believe such nonsense. It indicates we have A LOT of work to do.

A little off topic, but that 9/11 USA/UK/Israel conspiracy thing isn't all that uncommon even among non-muslims. I was talking to a few Ticos and they thought the same thing. I tried to explain to them that their logic was flawed by the way of explaining that the net benefit (ie. Oil and Gas) of invading Afganistan and Iraq was less than the overall economic and physical damage caused by 9/11. Not to mention the absurdity of killing our own people, but they weren't hearing it. They also don't believe we ever put a man on the moon so hey, what can you do :cool:

11. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Did any of you londoners take part in the two minutes silence?

12. Chewmylegoff

Chewmylegoff Member

Jan 26, 2004
    London
    well, i kept my mouth shut but i didnt go out on the street - i really didnt see the point, and it wasnt something that i felt was personally necessary.

13. Colm

Colm Member

Aug 17, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Same here, i weren't out on the street but did keep my mouth shut for the 2 mins.

14. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Good to hear.

I was umpiring footy last week as a goal umpire in Aussie rules but in a local league over here in Australia and we had a minutes silence in our game.

15. 10_Ronaldinho_10

10_Ronaldinho_10 New Member

Dec 4, 2004
    Isla Macacos
    Best Wishes To Everybody
    Hope Everybody's Fine
    P-E-A-C-E

17. BTFOOM

BTFOOM Member+

Apr 5, 2004
    MD, USA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What, we put a man on the moon. Who knew :D .

Seriously, my best wishes to anyone affected by those cowardly attacks.

Unfortunately it doesn't appear to be that difficult to convince some young, naive people that murdering innocent folks is a good and noble deed.

Stand tall, England, the (majority of the) world is with you.

18. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    [/QUOTE] Wasn't there an agreement to build a pipeline for oil throught Afghanistan after the Taliban was removed from power?[/QUOTE]

And?

19. LarsSon

LarsSon New Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Sweden
    My best wishes to England. Despite all this horror you could live without England has been calm about it. Just know that there are tons of countries backing you up and if the fight/war was an open fight and not a cowards fight we would gather all our weapons and fight them togheter. :(

20. Wasn't there an agreement to build a pipeline for oil throught Afghanistan after the Taliban was removed from power?[/QUOTE]

And?[/QUOTE]

Well the timing of such an agreement seems highly coincidental.

21. Mancityfan81

Mancityfan81 New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    New York
    I look at the London attacks this way... it was an attack by people corrupted by the neo-facism of Islamist 'Revolution' against modern, liberal, society. people from Romania, Bangladesh, the West Indies, and all parts of the British isles were killed by these duped fools, who themselves, whether they realized or not, were products of the socital transformations in Britian since ww2 that have created this new society.

to Indiana Jones: you are the stupidist person i have ever encountered. why don't you say what you posted (before you got kicked out of bigsoccer) to the faces of the parents of 20-year-old Shahara Islam, a devout Muslim killed by her co-religionists in the name of Islam :mad: bty, Enoch Powell was so crazy, his own party disowned him

22. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    [/QUOTE] Well the timing of such an agreement seems highly coincidental.[/QUOTE]

Not really, that pipeline has been in the works since the mid 90's. It was nixed by Clinton because of the Taliban's stance on women. I don't find it surprising or coincidental at all that a new capitalist government was looking for a way to bring an influx of capital into their country for the betterment of all it's people. Of course, there will always be fools who see some sort of grand conspiracy taking place. Unfortunetly, it's taboo to beat those people with sticks. One day, one day...

23. To brand them fools is your opinion. One which your entitled to. The 'fools' are also entitled to an opinion.
    It's a shame the western governments who advocate freedom and democracy are the same governments who haven't acted when it comes to remove other dictators from power. If they find it appropriate to invade another country (Iraq) - one that just happens to full of oil, then surely they should be dealing with other tyrants in the same manner.
    Kim-Jong Il withdrew North Korea from the NPT two years ago and then claim it's made enough plutonium to make nuclear bombs, i'd have thought this would be deemed as far more of an immediate international threat than anything the Iraqis were doing.
    Blair has changed his reasons for going to war when it suits him. He tells us it's about WMD (can't find any), then it's about terrorists after 9/11(no links to Iraq), then it's about removing Saddam(clutching at straws). How many excuses does he want?
    In Zimbabwe, Robert Mugabe is letting his people starve while his pockets are fat. 300,000 people have been displaced and had their homes burned to the ground but do Bush and Blair remove him from power?

In Hamid Karzai, Afghanistan had elected a man who was a senior official at UNOCAL (from California). A company which just so happened to be negotiating a deal with the Taliban to build a pipeline through Afghanistan.

Not only this BUT, huge American companies benefit from the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, through the rebuilding process and from taking natural resources. I could go deeper but i won't so you can keep your opinions mate and brand those who disagree with yours as fools and i'll have mine.

24. OneArmSteve

OneArmSteve New Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Fine, you are basing your arguements on half truths and speculation. Afghanistan was about catching Osama and taking out the Taliban those are the facts. It was justified on every level and as far as I'm concerned American companies making money off the outcome is fantastic. That's capitalism.

Also if we allow China to buy Unocal (they have a bid and Congress is discussing it) that you can put your foolish theory to rest about the pipeline since they are the company with the contract.

25. hiddink_magic

hiddink_magic New Member

Feb 27, 2003
    Wendouree
    Well said with that second statement. I totally agree with ya.