London Attacks (Hammers thread)

Discussion in 'West Ham United' started by norwaytips, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Birminghammer

Birminghammer New Member

Jun 19, 2005
    Wiltshire, England
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I am glad that the realisation that this is in any way a religious attack is disappearing. This was a political attack at best. Bombs do not have a faith filter, they cannot differentiate between Muslim or Christian.

Last Friday I was on the bus going home through Small Heath, an ethnically diverse area of Birmingham, to say the least. A policeman accompanied us, to non UK listners this is remarkable as the typical British copper rarely lives up to the friendly, 'evening all' persona and only occassionally leaves the car when hunger or other natural pressures force him to. Of course the Bobby was not there to ensure that the bus remained unexploded but rather to make sure that no retaliation was taken upon mosques (this being Friday after all) and the faithful within. There was a reaction after 9/11 but thankfully so far most people recogniser that the Islamic community deplores the attacks as much as other or no faiths. Doctrinally these nutters represent a distortion of Islam, as the IRA represent a distortion of Catholicism, and are by far in the minority - albeit very noticable.

Good to see the religious leaders standing 'shoulder to shoulder' in quick response to these attacks and the Muslim Council immedeately condemning the bombs.

Time to get on with it, I see that Plod have raided houses up in Leeds and blown up something suspicious.

I'd like to endorse the defiant spirit of those who posted here and on this day (12th July) of all days exclaim 'the cry is no surrender'.

Andy

2. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Anyone know the tune of this song (Norway, Im looking at you) It reads like sub-Coward satire, but hints at Little Liza Jane in the lyric. Tho it doesnt work in my brief experiment

3. 147man

147man New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Kenilworth
    I know the tune, I can sing it but I don't know what its called. Is it the name you're after?

4. EastHammer

EastHammer New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    East Ham

la la la la la la

5. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sorry mate, that is DEFINATELY the theme tune to The Archers

6. TheresaWHUFC

TheresaWHUFC New Member

Oct 8, 2004
    Brentwood, Essex
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Here you go Stomps, London Pride, written by Noel Coward in 1941 and covered by Julie Andrews, Cleo Laine, Damon Albarn and Twiggy with Harry Groener.

http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics.php?hid=VnYi3H+sod8=

And there was Claret thinking it's just a rather fine beer ;)

7. Footstomper

Footstomper New Member

Oct 4, 2004
    Frederick MD
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hey I wasnt far off with the Coward reference was I? I feel just a little smug (I always keep at least a small one handy).