LOL @ Tottenham

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PsychedelicCeltic, Nov 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    So being sent an email for a Daily Heil article today (racist laments how Wales sends a purer squad than England - dickhead), I noticed Tottenham had released plans for their new stadium.

[​IMG]

They so want to be us.

2. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    They'll probably build to a capacity of 61,000 just to try and pip us...of course, 61 is a significant number to them. ;)

3. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They really are scum, no class, its not even funny.

They pull a few wins, get 1 point above the drop zone, and all of a sudden there back to being a top 4 club and its only a matter of time til they are where they "deserve" to be, jajajaja!

Everytime they start a stupid thread, there only argument is how they do it better than arsenal. its pathetic.

4. martian13

martian13 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Cincinnati
    They just want to have the nicest stadium in the Championship, that's all it is.

5. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    It'll still be Wet Fart Lane and they'll still stink.

6. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    Yeah, was just trying to figure how much the parachute payment will pay for that.

7. Realwood

Realwood Member

Feb 11, 2004
    FC Dallas, Tucson
    I don't see how Spurs get the money to finance it. Even the Cowboys are having problems getting financing for an extra 350 million dollars for their new stadium.

Seems like a wild dream conceived at exactly the wrong time. Typical Spurs.

Arsenal really lucked out by getting the new stadium done while credit was close to free.

8. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    It's the way it goes now-a-days, I'm afraid. Soulless bowl type stadium (more space for luxury boxes), keep the fans away from the pitch to get the UEFA Stars, etc.

9. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lol so arsenal are the first ever round stadium then?

10. martian13

martian13 New Member

Jun 24, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Servicing the prawn lasagna crowd?

11. GunnerJacket

GunnerJacket Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Gainesville, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Last I checked that was (also) a FIFA requirement for accommodating their sanctioned events like international games. Arsenal said they wanted to make the Grove acceptable for friendlies and possible WC games, and newer stadia are required to have this forsaken distance. I wish they'd built retractable seating to address this but it is what it is.

If s**** don't want to use this approach to earn extra revenue that's their business.

12. DougG_ATL

DougG_ATL Member

Jul 5, 2005
    metro Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Such a good point about retractable seating - this would be an excellent way to accomodate more fans, put them closer to the action (ala Highbury) and still meet FIFA requirements for their larger events. Indoor arenas have these types of collapsible seating to adjust to different events - it would've been nice to have The Grove configured this way.

13. Gooner_for_Life

Oct 26, 2005
    Portland, OR
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So that is why the seats are so far away from the field. I had asked around in several threads a couple of years ago right after the Grove opened and it seemed no one had an answer for me. I really fail to see how having a larger distance between the field and the fans provides any sort of increased safety. People are still going to try to get on the field or throw things if they want to. Its not like having 20 feet rather then 5 feet is some magical barrier. Fifa really needs a shakeup in some key departments.

14. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    They do, and you make an excellent point about retractable seating.

15. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe that the distance isn't for safety, it's to make room for more advertising. That's why capacity was always reduced for UEFA games at Highbury.

16. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    yeah, don't the ad boards for CL matches have to be higher, which blocks the view of the lowest seats

17. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    don't be stupid.

we want to be benfica.

18. DoctorK

DoctorK New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    NorthBank, Riverbend
    I thought I heard it had to do with accomodating the press for major international fixtures (photography). :confused:

19. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    The fact that noone really seems to know why this is the case makes me think Antifan is probably right. Money should always be the default answer. You will be right 9 times out of 10.

20. LeGooner

LeGooner Member

Jan 30, 2007
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...tmas-party-picture-exclusive-115875-20960792/

[​IMG]

Tottenham star bundled out of drunken Christmas party

"Everyone’s allowed to let their hair down at Christmas time and enjoy the festivities with a few glasses of eggnog, but it looks like Tottenham’s players took things a step too far last night.

Pictured above is midfielder Giovani Dos Santos looking extremely worse for wear at the club’s Xmas bash.

Dos Santos, who had clearly been enjoying himself alongside team-mates at London’s upmarket Taman Gang Club, and was snapped leaving the premises in the arms of a security guard.

Jonathon Woodgate, Darren Bent, Gareth Bale, Kevin Prince-Boateng and Alan Hutton all looked on as the young Mexican fell to the floor, threw up and was then bundled into a cab.

Which, we think you'll agree, is the most impressive performance anyone has witnessed from Dos Santos so far this season."

Not quite lasagna..but does the trick.

21. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So thats what nearly 9 million GBP buys you these days eh??

22. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    In all seriousness though, His current situation is very sad.

He seemed like such a nice boy when he first came onto the scene, he helped lead Mexico the u17 WC, had all the hype in the world, seemed grounded, was under Contract To barcelona (allthough im sure marketing reasons we're more behind this than anything else, those USA tours to NYC and LA attract nothing but Mexicans and shirt sales) and was touted the next ronaldinho..."Zizinho" haha

New coach, im not sure what happened if he wasnt in Peps plan or wanted to move, but he was sold.

Hasnt really featured, i think hes been injured, but its hard to imagine a young mexican Kid surrounded with so many British, african decent, and Croatian players, you just wonder who he really hangs with, being so young and all.

23. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    I know because Mexicans can only hang out with other Mexicans, right? :rolleyes:

24. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    So what You are saying is that its "Normal" for a new signing,who is so young, who has never lived in an English speaking nation, to just totally Adapt and gel with his new team mates who most have never played in spanish speaking Country?

25. juanca

juanca New Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Land of the Free
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hey you know what, Tomorrow Im going to take a bus to Serbia, walk right into the center of NoveSad (sp? In Latin letters) , approach a group of 20+ people who have been studying/living there for years, and just totally become there friends over night, laughing it up with some new foreign beer named zagorka while eating Stuffed cabbage, All while not speaking the language

Itll be like home sweet home:rolleyes: