Local 138 (100% Full)

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by dirtypete, Jan 21, 2010.

1. UnionGray

UnionGray Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Lawrenceville, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was thinking of "Tiny" - is he for 137? Also I see the same Yellow shirt lady, but I don't see any real connection with the humanity that is TRE from her.

Why does 137 get all the cool people and a launch pad too?

2. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he is 137.

They don't get all the cool people we have you

3. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we are 138 shirts? when were these made?

4. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I have the only prototype but Jeremy promised to get us some more around this time .... Hopefully with stronger glue for the letters/numbers sincew mine are falling off after washing the shirt circa 5 times.

[​IMG]

5. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Here is a picture of the shirt

[​IMG]

6. AndyPace_SoB

AndyPace_SoB Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Levittown
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah tinys awesome, and the other dude that wears the hat. And antwana (twana) is one of the heads I think. She's real nice too

7. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hope that all of you can throw a dollar or a few in the bucket tonight. Tom has been there all year for us let's show him what we think of him.

Jim

8. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Did you get the bucket back and how much did you collect in the end?

9. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I got the bucket back and it ended with $193 plus some canadian dollars. Going to get him a $200.00 visa gift card.

10. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Good stuff; brilliant!!!

Canadian dollars :) He/she travelled far!

11. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just want to say please don't complain about obstructed views in TRE. It is a known, established, and advertised part of being in a supporters' section. We're all there to watch the game, but the occasional obstruction is the reason your seat only costs $25.

The only other comment I have on the matter is that if you do have a flag and you're down low, please at least keep the flag waving rather than just holding it up statically for several straight minutes for the sake of the people behind you.

Short version: flags belong in the SS, you'll occasionally have an obstructed view, try to be cognizant of the people who are sitting behind you.

12. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I love flags and I am glad to see an increased number in the RE this year. I had the fortunate duty to have the flag for the first two matches this season. But if you do have a flag please wave it when you hold it up. Don't just hold it for two reason:
    1. If you hold it, it will obstruct the people's view behind you more. I don't mind sacrificing the view for flags, I think it's worth it but if you wave it a person will have better visibility as opposed if the flag is stagnant.

2. The flags look better when you wave them as opposed to just holding them. It's a fact, just watch videos of the Kop in Anfield or something to see what I mean.

13. jmalex

jmalex Member

May 18, 2010
    Montgomeryville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    A fair point, but I need to come on here and give that guy credit for keeping it going despite the harassment that was being hurled at him. I was hearing it from the same guy for holding up my scarf during 4LC.

But yes, waving > holding.

14. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott was getting shit for waving a flag last game. the guy that yelled was a row or 2 behind you Sully

15. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Scott was fine. The guy a little over to the right was being a little unfair in that he was holding it straight for about the last 10 minutes of the match, and with the wind, it was basically like putting a billboard between rows 4-8 from the 80' onward.

I know who was giving Scott a hard time, and I plan on talking to him before the next match. Even if you're pissed, there's a better way to handle the situation that doesn't cause a scene.

Whatever... just wanted to get my $0.02 in.

16. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh yeah, Scott was def fine. I yelled something at the guy and he yelled something back. I couldnt hear it. but this is the type of crap we shouldnt be dealing with in TRE.

17. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are about a month away from the Pink Cows home game. Last year we talked about painting a large 138 anti NY tifo for the game. We got lazy and it never happened. What is everyone's thoughts on doing it. I am in but I do not want to paint it alone. If we get 6-12 people we can knock it out in one day.

18. Husher315

Husher315 Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Narberth
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Temporarily a member of 138 (over from 139) for the All-Star Game! Row B, 7-8!

19. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jim,

I know I'm not going to have any availability. Starting a new job outside the city next week; otherwise, I'd definitely get involved. Good luck, though.

20. soccercw888

soccercw888 Member

May 1, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    GREAT spot, right next to the net

21. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Two Things for us 138ers. We still need help with planning on painting our NYRB Tifo. If you have suggestions,ideas,etc or can help please respond. I know we are all busy but if a few people can make a few hours of their time available we can get this done.

On June 9th The Wheeled Scotsmen Foundation is conducting their annual Cup fundraiser. It is only $10 per player. Since the family that runs the foundation are members of 138 we should enter a team to help out this great cause. I really suck at playing but I am willing to give it a try. Who else wants to get together and play that day. Let's give back to the community and one of our own and show them what type of people 138 has.

22. sully127

sully127 Member

Apr 3, 2010
    138, C
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome to Philly, Mothers!

23. SoItGoes

SoItGoes Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Section 109
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    You are not alone. I am with you and would like to help. Anyone else?

jimlogue repped this.
  24. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunetly the edlers are not returning calls about it. So we can not do it.

25. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Great picture from yesterday by PSP photographer Paul Rudderow after Hoppenot scored
    20120708.jpg