[LN] Check the E-mail list

Discussion in 'Lot 8' started by Sachin, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    All Nortenos:

Check the E-mail list and let me know where you would prefer to sit next year: Next to Barra Brava or behind home plate?

Thanks,

Sachin

2. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Absolutely no offense to our Barra friends, but I want to stay on the Northside, even if it is 117. As I said in another thread, I am pissed that our section is getting gutted out, and I'll be damned if any keeper thinks they can rest easy. If we have to throw harder, then so be it. Besides, sitting behind home plate will only fuel my anger...and what kind of Darth would I be without anger and hate? ;)

Should we post something about the club meeting?

3. holmesrun

holmesrun New Member

Jul 17, 2002
    JAIMETOWN USA
    Sorry to hear about what is happening to you guys.

It is great to have your north side presence at the games. Not only do you guys rattle the keepers but you give us something to watch as well. I can understand your wanting to stay as close as you can to your original location. They should give you guys some bleachers right behind the goal.

If you guys were to come over to the side, I for one would be happy to welcome you. One of the highlights of my LA trip for the cup was getting to meet a couple of you in front of the entry gate with that big A$$ drum. You guys set a new standard for dedication/craziness with that schedule!!!:D

Cheers!!!

4. LN-Jonas

LN-Jonas New Member

Nov 8, 2004
    Alexandria.VA
    My vote is for 117.

5. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if its between 117 and barra/eagles. my vote goes to near the nest.

6. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, I've been away for 24. Is it confirmed that there won't be new seats behind the south goal for you guys to torment Bo from?

7. gocaps

gocaps Member

Sep 23, 2000
    With the SEs in 134
    Let me add my sorrow on your section being gone. You guys are invited and very much welcome to come join us, but I also think all of us would understand if you wanted to stay within Jonny Walker TP-chucking range :)

8. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland
    This Sucks......

9. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Guys...

I have been reading your email list and i see most of you seem to favor moving to 117. If thats what happens its cool, but i think this is a big mistake.

--Move over to the left side of the Barra. We are virtually one and the same and I think a lot of the younger Nortenos (like you Darth :D) would do well to re-energize yourselves hanging out with us. More importantly, with the 80s back in vogue, I think we are the West Germany and East Germany of the supporters groups. When it comes time to open a new socccer specific stadium, I think it is the devine destiny of the Barra and Nortenos to reunite.

--Admit it fvckers:

La Barra Brava and La Norte are the Skywalkers of United soccer :D

10. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    Since we can't move to sections 122-124 (probly due to the reconfiguration to allow for the moveable stands) I vote for us to move to section 117. We can still make our presence known, and might actually be able to get the quite side a rockin, every once and awhile...might help bring in new members as well by exposing them the the insanity that is La Norte.

Also, nothing against the nest, but if we move over there it might look odd that only a small portion of the "section" is throwing TP. Now if the Barra and Eagles could/would chuck the TP and we were all together doing, now that would be pretty impressive
    Dave

11. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    This is copied from what I wrote on the listserv; discuss, etc.

"I realize my vote may not count for much because I miss a lot of games due to school, but I would vote to move to the far side, for a couple of reasons. First, and most important, is that I think if we end up near the quiet side we run the risk of antagonizing the people who sit there specifically because the supporters' clubs aren't there and they can watch the game in peace, or without profanity, or whatever. Now you may disagree with wanting to watch a game like that, and I'm certainly not saying it's right. But we'd have to deal with it and I am pretty sure the stadium security won't take our side in that. Those of you who came to Freedom games and joined the Crusaders know about all the hell we took from the families who wanted us to sit down and shut up and have our little tea party with everyone else. Obviously that's not nearly as likely to happen at United games but I think if we want to have the freedom to do what we want in the section we need to be as far from the quiet side as we can be. Second, if we go to the quiet side we won't ever get on TV. This may or may not be a big deal to you but Dave Johnson always likes to recognize us at halftime and if the cameras can't get a good shot of us that won't happen. We'll get on TV plenty on the far side, and anyway it's always good to have that side as full as possible to make it look good for TV.

So you might disagree with that, but it's just my few cents on the question. And yeah, I am also a baseball fan."

12. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    The confetti throwing started in LA Barra Brava.

13. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i agree with alot of this. Some people are going to say thats what the quiet side needs. but its not. different people like different things about soccer and i think the far side should be the wild side. i keep my vote on moving near the nest

14. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Speaking from a Barra perspective:

I think we would all love to have you next to us if thats what you guys want. La Norte is really a cousin of La Barra anyway, so why not form a closer relationship, at least until we get a new stadium? :cool:

15. NattyBo

NattyBo Member+

Apr 30, 2004
    Nunya
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    PS Owen you watch too much Star Wars :rolleyes:

16. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Bite your tongue...too much is never enough. ;) Hence my name. Unless you count the new ending to Return of the Jedi. Damn you, George Lucas! :mad:

This is gonna be a tough one. Having a unified supporters' front would kick serious ass. But then again, having all the noise in RFK come from one end of the stadium would suck. FWIW, I've been working on some new designs should we move to 117, basically just slapping our logo on a home plate an d writing "Home Plate Isn't Safe" beneath it, for possible merchandising. As soon as I finish them, I can post and unduly influence the decision. The Dark Side is a beautiful thing.

17. Hezbolt

Hezbolt New Member

Jun 4, 2001
    La Norte
    Sachin

If we moved over by the nest how would that affect our ticket prices? I know where we sit they are cheaper than they are on the sides.

Also what would our ticket prices be like in the future? I can afford season tickets behind the net, but If we moved by the nest and our prices didn't stay they way they are now I would not be able to get season tickets in La Norte (something I do not want to happen).

Dave

18. Darth Norteño

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Speaking of undue influence, my current av is a new idea for a shirt should we move to 117. I've got assloads more that I've whipped up, including a baseball jersey-style marquee that took me a while to complete.

Sachin, I made a special Waffle House-style logo in honor of the Charleston trip. :D

19. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland
    Sachin is there a deadline for when we must choose...

Joe.

20. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    There's no real deadline.

I cast my vote for 117 because:

1. It keeps us close to where we want to be, behind the goal.
    2. We're out of range of most of the "quiet side" fans because we'll be on the edge of the stands on that side of the stadium.

Ticket prices would be about the same no matter where we went, so that's not a real consideration. Of course, when we move into the new stadium, ticket prices will go up.

Sachin

21. shawn12011

shawn12011 Member+

Jun 15, 2001
    Reisterstown, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One more vote for 117. One of the main reason I sit behind the goal is I prefer the perspective from there, that is just personal preference though.

Also the vistors should never have a "free pass" going to and from the locker room. If the "non-organized" general public were tasked with opponent harrasment I just don't think they could do as well as we do. Not to metion groups of road fans would likely try and take up that space and I won't have that. Sort of like what happens in the swamp. :D

22. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Keeping the opposing riffraff out of a prime front row seat is something to consider! Also, from 117 those of us the far side could see you folks better (if we wanted to attempt any sort of coordinated effort across the field).

K

23. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Well it's your trademark, we don't do it every game :D We had 100 or so streamers with DC colors in LA tho hehe

I think it was started by neanderthals in Argentina 30000 years ago :D

24. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland

Yea thats great if we have the numbers. But lets be realistic not everyone shows up for the games and im not talking Metro and playoff games.Im not down for 117 because it is easy to launch tp i think we do more than just that.Someone said its easy for us to harass the other team when they go inside do you know how much CSC guards that area after one of our guys spit at one of the players last season. Put us in the opposite corner next to SE we get better exposure and if you want to launch tp from 117 whats the difference you launch it from the other corner.I just want us to be a group that brings the exicitement game in and game out and gets the credit like everyone else. Damn baseball

25. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hear hear!