Liverpool wants McPhee

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Frank Cunha, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  2. _DvA_

_DvA_ New Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Almada, Portugal
    i hope he leaves..he's too good for Beira-Mar, but in the other and, he would be a major lost to them

3. Brian De Sousa

Brian De Sousa Red Card

Aug 10, 2004
    New Bedford, MA
    McPhee played well against Sporting. Does he play like that all the time? That's a nice pickup for any team.

4. leafster

leafster New Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    If Liverpool want him badly enough, they will be able to pry him away. These English clubs have been really raiding the Superliga in recent years. I've read rumours that Everton is looking at McCarthy too.

5. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    we are lucky to have a 3 year deal with McPhee

6. Portista69

Portista69 New Member

Sep 6, 2004
    London,Canada
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    He played at Portvale last year, how did the premier leagues teams let this guy slip thru the cracks and end up at Beira-Mar?

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I wonder, his going back any way

maybe because his the son of a america ;)

8. Briosa a frente

Briosa a frente New Member

Sep 3, 2004
    Winnipeg, (Coimbra)
    DId he not come over with Mick wadsworth.

9. ValeTone

ValeTone New Member

May 17, 2004
    Dallas TX
    He was signed as a result of the fact that his agents are those despicable creeps at Stellar. He was out of contract at Port Vale and was the subject of a paltry bid from Leeds United of a maximum 75k pounds, which was rejected on principle. I hope this rumour is true.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    no, he came in with the Stellar Group, they have a relationship with Beira-Mar, the same Group the last year signed Wijnhard and Zeman

11. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    his got a 3 year contract, but can be broke by the right price

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  13. ValeTone

ValeTone New Member

May 17, 2004
    Dallas TX
    Listen to offers? For someone he paid jack for? I hope he goes to an English club because then Vale will get their rightful fee.

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  15. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    Does Port Vale have a percentage of his pass? If he came over on a free, would they be entitled to anything?

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Beira-Mar got 50 percent

and Stellar Group the other 50 percent

Na eventualidade de McPhee se transferir, o Beira-Mar recebe apenas 50 por cento da verba em causa, uma vez que o restante valor reverterá para a Stellar Group, empresa que detém a outra metade do passe do escocês.

17. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I remember a few years back SCP got Alan Mahon on a free transfer from Tranmere Rovers. He lasted a half season before SCP sold him to Blackburn. Blakburn agreed to pay Tranmere a certain fee (I forgot the amount or what % of the SCP-Blackburn transfer fee Tranmere got) seeing as he was not out of England for more than a full season. If McPhee goes back to England, there may be a chance that Port Vale gets some sort of compensation for him from Liverpool, albeit a small fee...

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Viana do Castelo got some fee from Chelsea on the deal with Tiago[Benfica]

19. ValeTone

ValeTone New Member

May 17, 2004
    Dallas TX
    Because McPhee was eleigible for a Bosman transfer when his contract was up at Port Vale, if he should move back to an English club within 12 months Vale would get a fee. This would be seperate to and in addition to anything that Beira Mar (and Stellar :mad: ) would demand for the termination of his contract in Portugal.