Liverpool vs Palace [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Nov 10, 2004.

1. king_saladin

king_saladin New Member

Oct 5, 2004
    MI, USA
    Newbie question - what is the chant/song that the crowd was singing after the final goal? (In the last minute or two of the game)
    I believe I've heard it in multiple stadiums - mostly after a likely game winning goal - it sounds beautiful (makes me turn the volume way up, of course) but I have no idea what it is or what the words are.

2. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    \\

I was in a pub so I couldn't hear but I'll bet it was "You'll Never Walk Alone" --- the LFC song written by Rogers and Hammerstein for a broadway show called Carousel.

Prior to that they were singing "The Fields of Anfield Road" to the tune of an Irish ballad called "The Fields of Athenry".

BUT ABOUT THE GAME I"VE ONLY TWO WORDS TO SAY:

MILAN BAROS

3. croco dile

croco dile New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Liverpool

Indeed it was mon ami, indeed it was! I hate singing ynwa at the end of the game unless its a big game but today just felt right for some reason. The celebrations for beating palace were immense. I think it was just beating opponents that we are 'expected' to beat to be honest.

Do they have 'Pubs' in your 'neck of the woods'?

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I'll go with Matt., scrappy game..! Baros has to get his headup, time and time again he ran at 3 men when he had help either side. He almost got his 3 goals with PK's though. Missed why the ref. didn't allow one.
    Djimmy continues to get better and look classier.

The match itself though (as someone said after the charge of the light brigade. "Magnificent, but it's not war...!") was like 2, 3rd division clubs playing an FA Cup Tie. Frantic!

I'll take 3 points though...:)

5. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Excellent win for Liverpool...but what about Josemi? Does this guy stink or what? He reacts very slowly and forgets to come back sometimes as he drifts in midfield while the other team is on the counter. What do you guys say?

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Brilliant performance from Baros. Sure he doesn't always look for his teamates, but you can't critisize him on a day when he won the game by himself. The Palace defenders will have nightmares of Milan running at them all week. That was the best performance I've seen by a Liverpool striker in a while. Should have been 3 penalties too.

I don't know how we conceded two goals in a game where the opposition was not creating anything. I know I'm saying it every week now, but Josemi is a liability. Both goals came from his side again.

It was an encouraging peformance from Kewell. He did really well to set up our goals 2 and 3. He should get a solid run in the team as a striker now and hopefully finds his form (I know we've been saying this for a year and half).

Garcia didn't get himself into the game today. I don't think it was fair to Riise to be taken off when just to get Garcia in a more attacking role. Garcia needs to find a way to get himself involved on the right, or he should be the one taken off. Hamann had a good game as well. It was strange to see him getting further up the pitch than Alonso. It makes me think that the Gerrard/Alonso partnership will work well, with Alonso playing in a deeper role and Gerrard charging foward.

3 points is 3 points. MILAN MILAN MILAN

7. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this case its close to one. Its the local sports bar which shows football, rugby, and american football. Guiness and Stella on tap. So its close. :D

8. lackadaisical

lackadaisical Member

Jul 9, 2004
    memphis
    Defensive woes would go away if Josemi was benched in favor of Finnan. Josemi looks slow and was out of position on the two goals today. He has also been the cause of several other easy goals in the past.

9. liverbird

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed. Time for him to sit.

10. youllneverwalkalone

Apr 3, 2003
    Houston
    Agreed also, bring on the Irishman

11. Pingudo

Pingudo New Member

Nov 18, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  12. ScouseCat

ScouseCat New Member

Jan 10, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    I haven't seen any of the game as yet, but can't wait for the highlights tonight of Milan's hat-trick. :D

13. croco dile

croco dile New Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Liverpool
    You could very well be Scouse.
    Guiness and Stella. The stuff dreams are made of.

If you like Jamesons Whiskey as well then your'e on a winner mate.

Oh, and the green as well. :D