Liverpool v. West Ham [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Red Bird, Mar 3, 2008.

1. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Had Big Kev infiltrated your market as well? LOL :)

or is it good google work?

2. catenaccio_L'pool

Oct 21, 2005
    Top Of The Table
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I was very excited when I saw the offensive lineup Rafa had picked for this game. We came out guns blazing, scored 1st and then everyone went to sleep...great 3 pts though - we're back in 4th and now the rest have to chase us for a change.
    Fantastic hattrick for Torres - 18 goals in EPL - that did not happen in a while...
    I liked Riise in this one for a change...Kuyt sucked but set up two goals:D. He's scoring, he's assisting - what in the world is going on???

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I've just finished watching the match and then reading what you fools thought of it.

Wow! Had a bit of everything dinnitt? Including 10 minute or so of shite just before the hour mark!

Can't say too much about El Nino' . How cool was he and how cool was that. First goal the defender was waiting for the ball to come to him and he just smooothed on by and beat him to the ball. Second was a classy header, picked his spot and didn't overplay the ball. Third, took it with one step, slid it under the keeper with the next.

Babel needs to take a leaf out of Nando's book, he works hard getting into position for his shot and then goes right for the goalies gut, full power. Hmm, reminds me of someone else, someone who's now playing for Toulouse.

Then a fine signature goal from Captain Marvel "Shazam".........

Some fine work in defense, Riise had his best game for a while. The Skirt continues to grow, he and Carra looked just fine out there. Except for one mistake Arbeloa had a class match and Masch was a rock.

Kuyt? well he was involved with 2 of the goals...but that awful first touch.

Little bit of fun from Stevie G, stealing the ball from the ref at the end to give to Nando for the hat trick.

Four goals, three points = fourth place.
    Newcastle Saturday (Going to be an interesting line up on Sat.) and then Inter at the San Siro Tuesday.
    Hell of a week.........!!!

4. luciusmagister

luciusmagister New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    7th Heaven
    Brought a :) to my face.

Bring on hell week!!!!

5. Springbok FC

Springbok FC New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Is there anything more that can possibly said about El Nino?! My god, he is pure class. He was the saviour against Boro, the difference today (although it was a much better team effort than the last hat trick he score ;) )... I really think he might be the most valuable player in England, this season.

6. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Gotta spead that shit around!

Anyone got links to the goals.....fucking recorder didn't work and i avoidedthe score all day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

7. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Last two times the referees (same bloke, too, if I recall well) almost refused to give the ball to Torres. Disgraceful gits. This time Gerrard decided to take the matter into his own hands. Nice gesture.

8. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    Actually, i thought that was a mistake by stevie. The first Hat Torres kept the ball, hey it was his first hat trick in english football, clearly a keepsake. Last week he kept the ball, hey it was his first hat trick at Anfield, in front of the Kop. clearly a keepsake.

Whats he want this one for? i doubt he even wanted it. Now hes stuck! Hes gonna need a bigger house before he finishes his career at liverpool..." ...and this is the hat trick wing, we've expanded 3 times over the years, we now house more than 200 footballs ....." . :D "this is the ball from when we moved into 4th in march 08" ? hmmm....

Newcastle is so fckued. Although i would not be suprised if he rested torres ahead of milan, thinking that the other 2 could take care of the barcodes.

9. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Usually a mistake as they normally don't.

10. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
  11. Fussballer

Fussballer Member+

Liverpool FC
    Sep 18, 2002
    In my head
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dub thee "Mighty Mouse". "El Nino" always reminds me of the weather. Nonetheless, one of the most impressive performances I've seen in a long time. He makes it look so easy.

12. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    only about 3 players on this planet could have netted the first goal. the second goal was completely unmarked, but a picture perfect header. goal number three shows that Torres can do anything he wants. he so owns Lucas Neill.

13. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The same Lucas Neill that refused to come to Liverpool. West Ham was a better move for him. :rolleyes:

14. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i am so glad that Lucas Neill wears the claret and blue. he's good for a red card or a goal a game.

15. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    About five posts bagging the Aussie skipper is bout as much as i can take from fellow Liverpool supporters...any more and...:mad:

16. Springbok FC

Springbok FC New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I forgot to mention it in my post yesterday, but I hope that Neill is just flat out choking on it. Really, I do. Sorry, Grinners...

17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Of course it was a better move for him- he plays every game, earns more money (thanks to eggy back then) and is captain.

At Liverpool he'd be a fringe player, not a 'star'- of course he'd go there! ;)

18. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Finally got to see extended highlights of the match after I got home from work tonight.

That Torres fella is pretty good. :D

19. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think he gives up too easily...

20. AussieLFCfan

AussieLFCfan Member

Apr 24, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'll support Lucas Neill as long as he is wearing the green and gold but I lost alot of respect for him when he turned us down for the hammers., after he talked up how much he'd love to join us.

Cap, I doubt he would have been a fringe player... I'm sure we could have looked something like this...

Neill/finnan/arbeloa---Carra/Neill------Agger/Neill------Arbeloa/Riise/Aurelio

21. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shit I am a Yank and I love Brian McBride but in a Fulham uniform -- he can die a slow death if he's facing Liverpool Football Club. And he never broke Jamie Carragher's leg.:D

22. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man I am gone for a week and Nando hangs a hat trick on the Hammers. That's a damn fine welcome home present.