Liverpool v. Newcastle [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by liverbird, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Rafa feels bad for Newcastle, so he is going to bring on Josemi.

Finnan off.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not nice..:D

3. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Given eaarned his 2 pound today..!

4. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Still a little concerned about us not putting away goals, it's gonna bite us one day.

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    2-0. 3 points, bread and butter.

6. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Micheal Owen is beginning to realize what a mistake he made in leaving Liverpool. Maybe we will see him back at Anfield next season in a red shirt. He never even had a chance today because the rest of his team is crap.

7. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The way we are defending, it only takes 1 goal to get 3 points. 8 consecitive clean sheets in the league, which equals a club record.

8. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ehh. Don't think he had an option.

9. Liv'poolFaninAZ

Liv'poolFaninAZ New Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Glendale, Arizona
    Great game today, Beautiful defending, lovely passing and It's nice to see our guys stick up for each other. Gerrard is absolutely the best team captain in football period!!! I thought it was brilliant how he came in to the defense of Xabi and Crouchy, not being concerned with maybe getting himself carded. We are looking unbeatable right now, I am however, a bit worried about Everton on Wednesday. Our guys are sure to be tired and I'm concerned about the increased chance for Injury, The toffees are playing today also, but let's face it. they aren't competing for anything except prem survival. The Merseyside derby is going to be the bitters biggest game this year and I don't want us to drop points against them, I also don't want any of our guys getting injured. Oh well one thing at a time. We won today, time to celebrate, then rest.

YNWA!!!!!

10. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yeah he did. All he had to do was sign a new contract.

11. JoshDB

JoshDB New Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Washington State
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Liverpool accepted Real Madrid's offer, Owen probably took that as a "We don't need you" sort of thing and left.

12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This is www.nufc.com s take on it.

Over on Merseyside, Rafa the Liverpool gaffer was doing little to dissuade those who believe that Tyneside is no more than a one season World Cup warm-up for Michael Owen:

"Yes, I can see him returning to Liverpool one day, why not? He's a top player and every club is always interested in signing players like that.

"We tried until the end. He decided to go to Newcastle because he wanted to play every week. I respect his decision. I told him when we were talking that we had good strikers here, and that Real Madrid had received a very big offer, so it was impossible. The price was really, really high.

"There were four different factors which stopped us re-signing him: the price, the time scale, Michael's decision, and also the reason that we already had good strikers here. All those factors, in such a short time, ensured that we couldn't change the situation."

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    This is their take on the Lee Boyer traffic show!
    Like I said, maybe he could do his traffic jail time in with his suspension time.

Speed in midfield:
    Bowyer update

From the Sporting Life, Thursday:

Newcastle midfielder Lee Bowyer reached 132mph in his silver Porsche 911 before he was stopped by police, magistrates were told on Wednesday.

The former Leeds player was pulled over on a 70mph stretch of the A1 near Morpeth, Northumberland, in July after an officer followed his sports car for more than eight miles.

Bowyer, who denies speeding at almost twice the limit, was said to have been driving at an average of 112mph, but his speed peaked at 132mph, Tynedale magistrates were told.

They were hearing a pre-trial application by the prosecution to be allowed to introduce two previous convictions, also for breaking the 70mph limit, which the bench granted.

David Thompson, for the prosecution, said the traffic officer saw the Porsche overtake his unmarked patrol car as it headed south towards Newcastle.

"Mr Bowyer's car was observed to be going extremely quickly and the speed was measured by the Vascar [video] system giving an average speed of 112.1mph, peaking at 132mph, over a distance of 8.49 miles," he said.

Magistrates agreed that a future hearing may be told evidence of Bowyer was banned from driving by Leeds magistrates in July 2002 under the totting up procedure, after breaking the 70mph limit.

They will also be told of Bowyer being disqualified for 42 days in March last year by Grantham magistrates after he was caught doing 96mph.

Mr Thompson claimed these offences showed he had a propensity to speed.

Megan McTague, for the player who was not in court, opposed the application, claiming it would "affect the fairness of the proceedings".

A pre-trial review will be held at South East Northumberland Magistrates at 2pm on January 4, when the defendant will not be expected to attend.

In October, Bowyer won an adjournment after claiming that his summons for this alleged offence had been locked in a secure post box, for which he had no key.

The bench overturned a hearing from the previous month in which he was convicted in his absence, and they agreed to re-open the case.

The guy doesn't have a brain!!!!

14. docliver

docliver New Member

Jul 5, 2005
    OWEN WHO ? Brilliant match for the lads . I don't know what the fook Bowyer was thinking he's a right bastard ! Iam going to enjoy my pint today and im looking forward to the derby wednesday should be a good un . I just hope that Man u and Chelsea start slipping up soon.

15. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Benitez said: "I thought we played really well in the first half and created a lot of chances and we didn't give a chance to the opposition.

"I am happy with the performance of the team but we should have scored more goals and their goalkeeper played very well. I told the players at half-time to finish the game off but we couldn't get the third goal.

"We have confidence and we are playing really well and creating a lot of chances. In defence Sami, Carra, Steve Finnan and John Arne Riise did a good job but we are thinking always about winning and not about clean sheets and records. If you keep a clean sheet then you always have a chance for winning the game."

Looks like Rafa has adjusted to the Premiership. We are dominating weaker opponenets and not conceding any goals. Rafa is a great great football manager and we are starting to see the results of his work in the league.

16. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We had a nice brunch. Should've been 6-0. Very happy, particularly the way the team stood up to protect Xabi. Bowyer wahat a scuzzy piece of sh1t. Mikie, see what you are missing? You'd have had a hat trick wearing red. 3 points to the good.

17. ChelseaSmile

ChelseaSmile New Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Birmingham
    Harry Kewell played great today. Hes light years ahead of FSP and outperformed the inconsistant Garcia today. Kewell is great at crossing. Maybe someone should put some money on him scoring against everton.

18. 5_EUROPEAN_CUPS

Mar 19, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

FSP is the most underrated player at Liverpool. His part in us winning the European cup is constantly overlooked. His ability is not spoken of the way it should be. He gives 100% in everything he does. He is tenacious and always makes things happen and to top it all off at his young age since being at the club he has done everything asked of him and never moaned or made promises he can't keep like many of his more experienced counter parts.

At 21 I believe he will have a big say in the future of this club and I think Rafa knows this all too well.

Kewell looks like he is getting back to near his best now but still has some way to go. There was one piece of brilliance today where he avoided a high career ending challenge (I believe from Bowyer) then skinned ramage and delivered for Crouch.

19. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Not bad, that. I mean, piss-poor opponents, but you can only beat what's served up. Owen and Shearer were never likely to get much of a say in the course of the game, given the almost embarrassing disparity between our midfield and theirs. In truth, our defence didn't have to be that good to keep a clean sheet today.

It never ceases to amaze me how that great bunch, the Newcastle support, endure life following that shower of shite. Season after season, just being dealt utter rubbish by overpaid, undertalented hacks with no passion, no brains and no leadership. I'd rather be a Sunderland supporter, at least you aren't getting sold snake oil every year.

We should go on to pick up another six points from our next two games (without being overconfident, anything less would be a question of opportunities missed) and that leaves us in a nice spot going into the new year.

20. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Given Chelsea's result today, Liverpool how have the meanest defense in the Premiership.

(And half the 8 goals conceded came in one game - against Chelsea.)

21. SMSM

SMSM New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    www.55a.net
    wow !

you have great player by in 3best player in world now !!

he is name gerrad !!

i dont know why fifa and france football not give him any think !!

wht he want him do batter tnen now !!

i dont beleve lambard or itoo batter than grerrad :confused:

great win and keep your fantastis job ..maybe you can win tha EPL this season why not !!

22. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Easy for you to write :D

23. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not even close. Shame on me for even doubting. Crickey, we're beginning to look frightening!

We oughtta have flippin' murdered the Toon (but for Shay Given) but I'll settle for this any day. That midfield was absolutely purring and Stevie G was at his wide-smiled best. He's enjoying himslef, and why bloody not. He's made to run for Liverpool. Together with Xabi, they absolutely ran the whole sheebang.

I thought Morientes (superb movement off the ball and delightful touch on it) and Crouch played magnificently, too. Harry Kewell is still some way off his best but he is coming along just fine. Only little Sanz Luis Garcia was slightly below par but only just.

I know it's poor form, but imagine if lttle Mickey had been at the end of of those chances in the first half? Surely he must also have thought so.

Now for the bitters.

24. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Awesome that we got the three points but I'm still very disapointed that Cisse is not getting a start. He looked threatening as soon as he came in. If he played from the start, I am sure his pace would have worked up a goal or two. Morientes had some good moments but he should have been subbed instead of Crouch. Garcia should have gone off early as well, not his best day.

As for our defense.....well...I don't know how to express how proud I am of them...simply amazing, best in the world!

Stevie G is king by the way!

YNWA!

25. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Cisse will get his chance, I'm sure. We have 5 matches in 11 days or so.