Liverpool v. Internazionale [R] 1st Leg

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by AussieLFCfan, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i get the feeling when i watch matches at Anfield that there's a 25 knot wind swirling around.

but only when Liverpool has the ball.

2. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kuyt's crossing of the ball on Tuesday was better than almost anyone else on the team, except for Pennant. We couldn't hit a cross, even on a dead ball, to save our lives. As 26 said, he's got a good shot and a decent cross when he's on. He's put in a couple cheeky floating crosses when he gets the ball inside the box. It's his crossing from all the way across the field that is his weakness, IMO.

Hey, I want the guy to keep scoring, and I've always appreciated his all-out effort. But aside from his goal on Tuesday, he was pretty pedestrian. And his first touch just kills me.

3. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    His finish on the goal was sublime, his touch was still poor, but admittedly it was better than it has been in past games. I will give you the fact that no one on the team could hit crosses. But everytime I remember Kuyt crossing the ball he either over hit it or hit it behind those running into the box.

4. Springbok FC

Springbok FC New Member

Apr 12, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Ha! Cheers to that. I'd love to see Lucas become a regular fixture in the starting XI.

5. Gandalf The Red

Gandalf The Red BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 23, 2006
    someone needs to grab babbel (by the knackers) and say Go outside and hit the line all game, if you come inside I will Punch you in the Tunnel.

when that boy goes outside he causes major bollox or a corner at worst, when he comes inside or mines not much happens, just hit the line you dutch tossa! oh hangon the tossa is Dirk:D

6. LiverMorgh

LiverMorgh Member

May 29, 2007
    I agree. Babel should use going inside as a threat and a dummy to keep on the line. As you said, he will beat the man and cross it in or at the least get a corner.

7. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    theres no will, he does simple as that, the problem is he daudles, or comes in side too much, damn I wish he had steve stones ideology, he just kicked and ran, again, again, and again he wasnt that fast he just persisted against the same guy and ran him into the ground.

When you come inside your trying to shake one guy only to be confronted by another or look for support which lets face it we have hardly been great at.

8. Grinners89

Grinners89 BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I know the rest of you hate Harry Kewell but if you watch his run for Torres' 2nd goal vs Porto in the 4-1 win you will see exactly how to run at defenders. He started his run at the half way line, and his first touch was perfect. It made the defender close him down, then he easily moved the ball away from him. When he was running towards goal, he made sure that he came inside early enough so that he wasnt confronted with 2 players. One-on-one he then had the space to play a ball to Torres, which was initially meant to go to his feet but the Porto defender made an error and Torres had a clear run on goal. That is one of the best runs (as well as SG's vs Derby) that ive seen this season.

9. revelationx

revelationx Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    London
    Kewell needs to deliver more consistently in the next 2 months. If he does not , we should let him go. Apart from Striker, LW is the position in the squad that needs strengthening most imo. If Kewell does not step up he should be replaced with a better player. I have nothing against Kewell but he has disappointed me this season overall.

10. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Despite his supposed terrible form he has set up more goals than any other winger as well as being involved in many other important goals this season. I hope he proves everyone wrong.

11. Matt Clark

Matt Clark Member

Dec 19, 1999
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    It's not that Kewell isn't a good player or isn't capable of good runs occasionally. It's that he's not delivered throughout his time at the club and, on that basis, needs to be discarded. Morientes is a good player too, but he didn't cut it, so he went. Alonso is a good player, verging on great in his first season, but his injuries and form this season may see him despatched back to Spain this summer. I don't see why Kewell should be indulged in a way others are not. Wish him luck elsewhere and spend the £67,000 a week on someone else.

12. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    As usual Matt has hit it again. Because someone like me criticizes Harry it doesn't mean he's not a good player, or I hate him.I welcomed Harry when he came just as I did with Morientes and I warmed up to Xabi pretty quickly.
    This is however playing at the top of the best league and challenging for the Champion league. All player need some consistency and to be at the top of their game otherwise Liverpool as a team are not going to reach the goals we need and expect.

There are a couple of people not up to par lately or who haven't reached the standards needed, we need their money for the team to move on.

13. Gandalf The Red

Sep 23, 2006
    Bravo Sicknote must go

14. ForeverRed

ForeverRed Member+

Aug 18, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And its not a vendetta against Harry. That applies to anyone. Alonso is damn near in Harry's category of frustration. Its just that Kewell has been with the club for so long and still has failed to live up to his potential.

15. Bobinhood

Bobinhood Member

Apr 22, 2005
    Toronto
    i actually expected that kewell would play pretty well once he got back into the swing of things this year but he seems to have lost a step or something, hes not been good at all. That actually suprised me a bit. I was pretty sure hed go out and earn himself a new contract but at this rate my Toronto FC have a better crack at him :D

unless he wins us the CL with hat trick after hat trick or something, i think its pretty much off with his head.

16. CCSC_STRIKER20

CCSC_STRIKER20 New Member

May 14, 2005
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would anyone be that surprised if 'arry went to the MLS or the A-League?

17. Grinners89

Jul 8, 2007
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    He's too good for either of those leagues.

18. royalstilton

royalstilton Member

Aug 2, 2004
    SoCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not any more...

19. Twenty26Six

Twenty26Six Feeling Sheepish...

Jan 2, 2004