Liverpool to face Wrexham on July 9th

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Suss, Jun 29, 2005.

1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  2. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    It does seem like everything is coming up on us really fast. Hey, but we're facing a cup-winning side, better get the boys ready!:rolleyes:

3. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. AndSomeAreAngels

Jun 7, 2003
    Brokelyn
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our first game is July 9?!? Yikes. This is going to be a long season.

5. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    Well, it's a friendly. All teams start playing games around July. I guess we won't be going on the US tour, however, due to the qualifying.

6. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    With us playing the first qualifying round at Wrexham and at anfield,it could save our season.The players wont have to travel far,and atleats at the beginning of the seaosn they will have a couple of high competition games under there belt!And i dont think we wont play all 180 minutes with our starting XI,so our main players should be well rested for this coming season.I cant wait for Moro to play for us in the C.L,because that guys a goal scoring machine in the C.L.
    YNWA

7. lfcli30

lfcli30 Member

Jun 21, 2005
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even though we have to play so many games early in the year, we have been very lucky to recieve so many games close to home. Our first three games are either at Anfield or the close to home Racecourse ground. Not bad at all if you ask me. And lets not forget, we may not need to break out the big guns until August if we get a favorable draw in the second round (Playing Torshan or whatever their name is from the Faroe Islands) we wont have to travel more than 100 miles away. I'll take it.

8. ULL NEVER WALK ALONE

Sep 29, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Liverpool LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Now that im thinking more and more about it,ive come to realize we can actualy benefit from all this.Money wise we wont,but the players should be more fresh for the season.Travelling to the USA and Japan would have surely tiered the players,and the starting XI would have to be played every match,because naturaly the people wana see the best!Plus these will be conpetitive games,not friendlies,so the players should be well prepared for the beginning of the season.

9. quentinc

quentinc New Member

Jan 3, 2005
    Annapolis, MD
    On the US tour, they hardly play the first team. Usually, it's all the new signings, and reserve team guys.

10. Lconkisstador

Lconkisstador New Member

Jun 2, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Reina

Finnan Carra Hyypia/Milito Riise

Garcia/Figo Xabi Gerrard Zenden/Garcia

Cisse Morientes

subs:

Sissoko, Le Tallec, and Hamman for CM
    Barragan for Finnan
    Traore for LB/CD
    Pongolle and Baros for upfront
    Gonzalez for LW/RW
    Warnock LW/LB

11. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Errrrrr! Is there a problem with the space time warp continuum...... :confused: