Liverpool - Manchester United [R]

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Nov 5, 2003.

1. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    HA!

2. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF

][​IMG]

3. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worthless Cup

If only we'd been able to win that pile of plastic...

[​IMG]

4. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sunday EPL Match Up

[​IMG] VS. [​IMG]

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: Worthless Cup

Fixed your post.

(BTW, that's my first, and last, "fixed your post" post).

6. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Worthless Cup

I suppose I should be honored... :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

8. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Three men are sitting in the maternity ward of a hospital waiting for the imminent birth of their respective children.
    One is an Mancunian, one a Scouser, and the other a West Indian. They are all very nervous and pacing the floor - as you do in these situations.
    All of a sudden the doctor bursts through the double doors saying "Gentlemen you won't believe this, but your wives have all had their babies within 5 minutes of each other."
    The men are beside themselves with happiness and joy. The fathers are ecstatic and congratulate each other over and over.
    "...However we do have one slight problem," the doctor said. "In all the confusion we may have mixed the babies up getting them
    to the nursery and would be grateful if you could join us there to try and help identify them."
    With that the Mancunian raced passed the doctor and bolted to the nursery. Once inside he picked up a dark skinned infant with dreadlocks saying "there's no doubt about it, this boy is mine !"
    The doctor looked bewildered and said "Well sir of all the babies, I would have thought that maybe this child could be of West Indian descent."
    "That's a maybe", said the Mancunian, "but one of the other two is a fugging Scouser and I'm not taking the risk."

ARF!

9. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: Re: Re: Worthless Cup

Easy, my friend...it was a comment on how annoying the "fixed your post" posts are.

10. billyireland

billyireland Member+

May 4, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Worthless Cup

...and those who post them ;)

11. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Worthless Cup

As long as we're agreed on that.

12. Wildman262

Wildman262 New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    I'd put the same line up in as the one that beat Rangers, with the exception of putting in Kleberson in place of Neville, just to get a little more offensive punch in the mid. With Giggsy and Ronaldo running down the flanks, 'pool has will have no chance.

I see a another good game coming from Ronaldo if he plays. Ruud and Diego will score, maybe Ronaldo too.

13. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Kleberson? What on earth makes you think he'd be better than Neville? He was mediocre in the first two games he played in, and looked ok but rusty against Rangers. God knows I'm not a big Phil Neville fan... but tossing Kleberson in the midfield at Anfield would be tossing a lamb to the wolves, right now. Maybe next year.

I say go with Keane and Neville - an enforcing midfield. But play two strikers up front, with attacking wingers as well (giggs, ronaldo).

14. van_da_man

van_da_man Member

Aug 4, 2003
    UK
    kleberson isn't match fit yet, and definately not ready for a game like this. I think fergie will gradually give him more minutes when matches are already safe, then he will be able to maybe force his way into the team from there

15. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    You could try Dj-Dj with Keano. Keano could be a little more attacking than normal.

16. giggs88

giggs88 Member

May 11, 2003
    Virginia
    arsenal 5 points clear. This will be a bg game.

'pool here we come.

17. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SkySports is "guessing" at this expected lineup:

---RVN---Forlan---
    Giggs--P.Nev--Keano--Fortune
    O'Shea--Rio--Silv--G. Nevl
    ------Howard-----

Other team news for Liverpool - Owen is OUT

18. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I don't know why Gerrard is screaming at Heskey so much. Heskey's playing pretty well, I think. Not getting forward like Owen - but, then, if that's what you want from Heskey, it's your fault, not his.

He's winning balls for them and providing a good target. He's battling well and begging to be a fulcrum for an attack.

Heskey deserves some of the crap he gets, but I think Gerrard has played more poorly than Heskey, today.

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I almost would've agreed with this if he hadn't of fallen down and missed that easy chance at the end. :D

20. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Final Score:

Liverpool 1 - 2 Ryan Giggs

:D

3 points and we are 2nd - for a few hours at least

21. USsupport

USsupport New Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arlington, VA, USA
    thanks to the Poo for all three points.
    see ya back in OT for 3 more, hopefully.

22. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Not a great game

Not a great game but 3 ponts.

I think Ronaldo would have helped, but we won.

Howard was good. Interesting watch him develop. Has potential to push on to beter things. Did make on Fab type kick.

Two goals for Giggsy!

Not sure who mu United MOTM was. Defence played well except after we were 0-2 up. They seemed to lose concentration.

United can play a hell of a lot better though.

23. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bah, he only missed it because of Gerrard brow-beating him in the 1st half!

Pretty fair result. Two big decisions, and the ref took the conservative but incorrect choice both times. Diouf should have been sent off. That was a nasty challenge. It well might have been a straight red - it was late, studs up, and violent enough to have been intentional. While it's usually a mistake to judge by results, O'Shea was bloodied - and I think it was purposeful. One might be inclined to believe for sure it was an accident from a player who'd been playing hard but fair all day. But Diouf had been roughing-up O'Shea all day long. And he's got a horrible temper.

Then, of course, that should have been a penalty for Liverpool (it just probably never would have happened if Liverpool had been playing with 10!). At first glance, I thought Ferdinand got the ball. But the replay was good... he didn't.

And, incidentally, that was really bad from Howard at the end. Poor clearances. He was hesitant to run on to balls in the box he could have reached pretty easily. I was sad to see Silvestre wouldn't trust him to claim a pretty obvious GK ball at the end. I'm sure he'll bounce back... but that was a bad game for him. He wasn't really responsible gor the goal - he perhaps could have stopped it - but nobody will, every time.

Fletcher was a weird substitution, I thought... with Butt on the bench. He was kind of poor, too.

Good games for Giggs, Keane (my MoM), Fortune, Forlan, and Phil Neville. Poor from Howard, Gary Neville. Ferdinand and Silvestre played well until the end.

That Pongolle kid was fantastic. I thought LeTallec was considered the bigger talent - but he was kind of anonymous. Pongolle looked closer to being the next Thierry Henry than LeTallec the next Zidane.

24. Lancashire Lad

Lancashire Lad New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Lancashire
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    didnt think Howard was that bad. Not at fault for goal.

at 0-2 United collectively forgot how to defend as they had before.

25. haven

haven New Member

Jul 9, 2003
    Boston, MA
    What, 3 awful clearances (or was it 2?). The probably-should-have-been-a-penalty would never have been an issue if Howard had gone for it sooner. IMO, he had to - the odds were never good that Ferdinand was going to beat Pongolle, but Howard probably could have, had he reacted more quickly.

My guess is that he got a lecture about going for balls too much (the Beattie goal). He seemd to stay at home much more today - too much, imo.

Re: the goal. He wasn't really to blame. But, then, I didn't really think Barthez was really to blame for any of the goals he surrendered against Real Madrid. There are just certain goals... that nobody can really blame a GK for not stopping... but stopping some of them is what makes a GK great. It was that kind of a shot, imo. Relatively well struck, and at close range, but Howard didn't have far to go to stop it.