Liverpool - Lazio webcast

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by kopiteinkc, Jul 26, 2002.

1. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now if they offered THIS for regular season fixtures, I would gladly pony up 40 pounds a year.

Oh well. The life of an east coast American soccer fan . .

3. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't believe they have the copyright to the normal league matches, the TV stations have that domain for now.

But long term I could see this happening. I believe the Lazio match is also available on a reduced rate for one time subscribers (ie not e-season ticket but just for that game, the web's version of pay-per-view I suppose).

4. SuperElf

SuperElf Member

Jul 16, 1999
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know, but you'd think with the money trouble they are in, the TV networks would cut some kind of deal where they let the club run cr@ppy web feeds on a pay basis, and then take 20% or so. Let's face it, if you have the ability to watch the match on TV, you won't choose the alternative of paying to watch a choppy feed in a small computer window instead, so it's not like they'll be losing market share or anything. It'll just open up the game up to new markets where, say, pig headed TV execs refuse to move the Dog Leaping Semi-finals of the Great Outdoor Games for a soccer match. Best of all, both club and network make a profit as a result.

That just makes too much sense to become reality though.

5. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As I said I think it will happen in the long term, but it actually comes down to the way rights are distributed in England rather than here.

The reason Liverpool's web site can't show the matches is because of the English tv rights not stations in the USA.

In the long term I could see more club web site channels showing games, but they will have to break the monopoly of the Tv stations and look at a broader version of "media" rights.

The ridiculous situation now where Sky Sports News can't show highlights until Match of the Day has finished in England is crazy. You see footage of players shaking hands instead of a 30 yard screamer by Gerrard or something.

Some of the others on these boards might have a greater insight into the E-season ticket, but I believe they have video highlights of every EPL match the Reds played last season. (LF, do you know this?)

I am a cheapskate and won't fork out the money for e-ticket, but then again I have my cable bill to worry about :D

6. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I am not mistaken the club will start doing some delayed full game webcast at some point.

7. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Really. Is that part of the e-season ticket package too?

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bump, this webcast is today.

If anyone is watching it live maybe they could post some updates on the match and tell us the quality of this webcast.

9. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They actually did the manu game last year.

The webcast has been on and of all game. Audio included. I don't know if it is my slow ass connection here at work or, trying to show the game live is f-ing everything up for them. Usually the audio is very reliable.

Anyway last I heard it was 1-0 Lazio in the 61st. Owen had just gone off for baros. First half was a cracker.

10. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    still 1-0 75'

11. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Final result

from the official site:

Bruno Cheyrou shone on his Liverpool debut but couldn't prevent the Reds slipping to their first defeat of the pre-season campaign.

Cheyrou was the driving force in a Liverpool display which should have been rewarded with at last a draw against the Italian giants, and he fully deserved his standing ovation when he was substituted in the second half.

Fellow new boy El Hadji Diouf also gave a display good enough to suggest he will be a Premiership hit over the coming months.

The only goal of the game came in the dying stages of the first half when Rodriguez Cesar ghosted unmarked into the area and netted from close range.

Match Highlights:

2 mins: Crespo breaks clear of the Liverpool defence down the Lazio left but his cross is easily cut out by Dudek

3 mins: Cheyrou shows some neat trickery down the flank but the Italian defence stand firm and win a goal kick

4 mins: Crespo finds himself in space inside the area following a mis-timed back header from Hamann but he can only fire straight at Dudek who makes a smart stop

5 mins: New boys Diouf and Cheyrou combine brilliantly in the centre of the field before Cheyrou charges forward and unleashes a great shot which is tipped over for a corner

6 mins: Traore comes to Liverpool's rescue with a brilliant tackle on Crespo outside the area

7 mins: Liverpool have penalty appeals turned down when Diouf goes to ground inside the penalty box

8 mins: Hamann lets fly with a free kick from 30 yards which rebounds off a couple of players before being cleared to safety

9 mins: Hamann is fortunate to escape a booking after a crunching tackle from behind on Cesar

12 mins: Diouf heads just over the bar from Diomede's well flighted corner kick

17 mins: Fiore comes close to giving Lazio the lead with a sweetly struck volley which flies inches past Dudek's right hand post

20 mins: Owen gets his first chance at Anfield this season but he volleys wildly over after Hyypia had headed b ack Dio mede's free kick

25 mins: Lazio build nicely on the edge of the area but Lopez fires wide with an ambitious shot from distance

30 mins: Owen and Diouf link up on the edge of the box before the Lazio defence are able to clear their lines

32 mins: Hyypia comes to Liverpool's rescue inside the area with a brilliant last ditch tackle to deny the Italians a goalscoring chance

35 mins: Cheyrou - Liverpool's best player so far - tests the Lazio goalkeeper with a blistering drive from distance

37 mins: Hamann directs the ball into Smicer's path and the Liverpool midfielder drives a right footed volley straight into the arms of the Lazio 'keeper

38 mins: Stankovic's right footed shot is too hot for Dudek to handle and the Liverpool goalkeeper is happy to palm it away to safety

43 mins: Goal: Liverpool 0-1 Lazio:The Italians take the lead when a cross from the left hand side is directed into the net by Cesar

Half time: Liverpool 0-1 Lazio

47 mins: Henchoz tries his luck from long range but the Lazio goalkeeper is equal to the challenge with a low save to his right hand side

49 mins: Diouf heads the ball over from Barmby's right wing cross. More good forward play from the Senegalese star

51 mins: Powerful surge forward by Vignal results in the ball falling nicely for Diomede on the left side of the area, but the Frenchman drags his shot wide

53 mins: Cheyrou finds space 30 yards from goal and drives in a shot which sails over the bar

58 mins: Cheyrou again excites the Anfield crowd with a delicate chip which flies into the side netting

60 mins: It's Vignal's turn to shoot from distance this time but the Frenchman's effort goes wide

64 mins: Baros throws himself into an acrobatic overhead kick but can't keep the ball on target

68 mins: Vignal's high up and under from the far side of the field is well held under his bar by the Lazio number one

70 mins: Baros rounds the goalkeeper and seems set to score b efore a la st ditch tackle saves the day for the Italians. Loud penalty appeals are turned away by the English referee

81 mins: Murphy's free kick is scrambled clear by the Lazio defence

Final score: Liverpool 0-1 Lazio

Liverpool: Dudek, Babbel, Hyypia, Traore, Riise, Diomede, Cheyrou, Hamann, Smicer, Owen, Diouf.
    Subs used: Henchoz, Murphy, Barmby, Vignal, Xavier, Baros, Berger, Mellor, Wright

Lazio: Marchegiani, Cesar, Stankovic, Lopez, Crespo, Pancaro, Favalli, Fiore, Couto, Liverani, Stam.
    Subs used: Oddo, Negro, Baronio, Giannichedda, Gottardi, Inzaghi, Colonese, Nesta

Referee: Mark Halsey

12. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The video was off and on, but it was their problem not users.

For my take (texasred) on the match and other news go to

www.LFC365.com

13. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Liverpool 0-1 Lazio
    Lazio steal win as Liverpool welcome new-boys

Liverpool were beaten 1-0 by Lazio in front of a packed house for the friendly at Anfield...

Ananova
    Match Report From the Shankly Gates
    LAZIO BOSS - CRESPO STAYING

Lazio chief Roberto Mancini has dismissed claims that he could lose Argentina ace Hernan Crespo to Manchester United because of the club's financial position...

Sporting Life

14. dcc134

dcc134 Member+

Liverpool FC
    May 15, 2000
    Hummelstown, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States