Liverpool in the Media (Linked Articles Only) VII

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by el-capitano, May 17, 2018.

1. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Liverpool’s Sadio Mané admits to enduring ‘worst season of my career’

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...-admits-to-enduring-worst-season-of-my-career

"This is the worst season of my career. I have to admit it,” Mané told the French television channel Canal+. “If you ask me what is wrong I will struggle to give you an answer. Personally I don’t know. I have always tried to be positive, whether things are going well or badly. I question myself all the time. I even underwent a test to take a look at my body. Am I eating the right foods, or has everything changed? But they checked the test results, and everything is fine.

3. delaynomo

delaynomo Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You're just low in Vitamin G, Sadio.

4. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    usscouse and LiverpoolFanatic repped this.
  6. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...l-join-Liverpool-set-career-Klopp-motion.html

7. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Barring something unforeseen against Crystal Palace on Sunday, Liverpool look set to complete a fifth straight season at the top of the Premier League Fair Play table.

The Merseyside club have finished at the top of the discipline table in all of Jurgen Klopp's full seasons in charge. The table awards one point for every yellow card a team receives, three for a double yellow which leads to a red card, and then five for a straight red.

Liverpool haven't had a single player sent off this season and have only received 38 yellow cards. Burnley sit in second spot with 47 yellows and one red while Sheffield United have the division's worst disciplinary record with their 85 points made up of 70 bookings and three straight red cards.
    https://www.otbsports.com/soccer/liverpool-set-to-claim-fifth-straight-fair-play-award-1199059

8. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
  9. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  10. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And a great photo included...

[​IMG]

SamScouse repped this.
  11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    [​IMG]

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/435022-jurgen-klopp-s-tribute-to-retiring-lfc-kit-man

12. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    According to SARN zonal marking doesn’t work. :)

neither does rotation in the squad.

Red Bird and speker repped this.
  13. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    usscouse repped this.
  14. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    who needs tactics when the ref is playing for you?

15. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/...eturn-to-pre-season-with-an-extra-weeks-rest/

The Euros will begin next month, along with Copa America, while the Olympics are set to start in July with Minamino, Konate and Mohamed Salah among those considered for selection.

But plans are already in place for Liverpool to report back to Kirkby for their warmup schedule ahead of 2021/22, with Klopp hoping to have Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez and Joel Matip all back for the first day.

According to The Athletic‘s James Pearce, that will be on Monday, July 12, which is a later-than-usual start date for the Reds’ pre-season. Last year – when pre-season started on August 15 – was an anomaly, but previously, Liverpool’s friendly fixtures have begun before then.

Typically, Klopp has given his players between five and six weeks off between the end of a season and the start of the next, with those on international duty returning later. But this time around, the manager has afforded his squad a full seven weeks off, no doubt informed by the relentless schedule faced over the past two seasons.

16. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I think the VARef spilt his beer on his keyboard in the Everton match.

17. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    So - according to today's news...

TA-A is/is not/may be included in the England 2020 Euro's team
    Coutinho may or may not be making his way back to LFC
    So may/may not be Luis Suarez
    LFC has/maybe has signed some 17-yr-old wonder-kid from some African nation
    Gini W is definitely headed to Barca...or maybe Bayern
    Stevie G is signing on to be the next head coach at...Everton?

It's all there in black and white...:rolleyes:

18. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  19. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Due to the pandemic, Liverpool’s pre-season plans will see them remain more local than typically in a summer and there will be at least one Anfield friendly scheduled.

Jurgen Klopp has given players an extended break of seven weeks, opposed to the usual six weeks, with pre-season to begin for non-international players on July 12.A training camp in France or Austria is planned, depending on respective government restrictions nearer the time.

But a friendly against Glasgow Rangers, at Anfield, in late July is being penned in – and it could be a match that sees a full capacity at Anfield for the first time since March 2020, should government restrictions allow.

Stevie Gerrard won’t be the only former Red returning to Anfield, along with winger Ryan Kent, plus backroom staff Gary McAllister, Michael Beale, Tom Culshaw and Jordan Milsom.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2021/06/liverpool-to-play-steven-gerrards-rangers-in-pre-season/

usscouse repped this.
  20. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The Liverpool Echo say that talks have been held with both Aston Villa and Newcastle, for a game at Anfield pre-season with Liverpool.

21. speker

speker Member+

May 16, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    The locals will get a chance to watch the preseason games for a change this summer. Nice.

SamScouse repped this.
  22. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
  23. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    https://www.football365.com/news/opinion-liverpool-cannot-gamble-return-form-mane
    I've got to agree with the assertion.
    Bobby was way below his best, in all facets, last season. I don't see him returning to anything beyond what he was last season.
    Mane, I hope, can pick his level up above last season. But traditionally players that were so reliant on pace for so much of their game don't suddenly pick up their levels as they lose that pace.

24. SamScouse

SamScouse Member+

Jun 1, 2015
    Toronto
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    why not? just about every player goes through bad form, and then come back from it.

I didn't see him lose pace last season, he just seemed - I dunno - off-balance, not centred/grounded too many times which led to him missing chances he'd gobble up in years past.

25. never walk alone TPK

Sep 27, 2004
    nairobi, kenya
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kenya
    Both Mane and Trent caught Covid and they may have struggled with that for most parts of the season. The summer break would have been beneficial to get some rest and recuperation.

SamScouse repped this.