LIVE Webcast about Portuguese Soccer every Monday & Thursday @ 8PM EST

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ChopSoccerDude, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nao e sempre preciso coracao para ajudar a equipa, da para que os adeptos vao dar-le apoiao, mas penso que nao ha muitas occasoes aonde ou coracao e mesmo melhor do talento, tristeza mas e a verdad.

2. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Quaresma, like you say a waste of talent, it looks like his a player for 30 minutes, I hope I'm wrong

3. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Who were the two guys doing the live webcast anyways.
    ChopSoccerDude & who?

I seemed to confuse him on my question!
    I asked which player from the Under-21/Vale Tournament he thought Agostinho and Scolari would call up for the friendly next month against Ireland. Then I asked {Segunda Parte} whether they thought Quaresma {Also on the Under 21 - see the corrolation} had no place on the team, and whether he was working his way off the Seleccao A for good - with Figo possibly coming back!

What's the confusion? :confused:

Consider that fact that FC Porto have signed Pitbull and Lucho...top quality players who will be competing with Ricardo for playing time. It is sad to say, but Quaresma has taken 10 steps back - while Cristiano Ronaldo has taken 10 steps forward in overall development.

4. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    The other guy Americo Oliveira I believe he goes on the name Era Verde

5. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    sorry dude, it's tought to read and translate at the same time... I couldn't understand who you meant when you just mentioned Ricardo... sorry, it was my fault. I honestly don't think there's a spot for Quaresma in the NT, he's been too inconsistent and erratic at Porto. Scolari might call him only because there are not that many options for his position other than Simao, C. Ronaldo.
    We'll soon see... Sorry again for my mixup

6. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    No problem at all. It might of been my poor attempt at trying to write Portuguese. I'm better at speakinng it. I tried though :)

By the way...good job boys.
    You guys are a great source of info thats for sure.

7. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    answer your question in my opinion Manuel Fernandes voted the best player in the tournament Vale do Tejo will get a call for the Ireland and Canada games
    not because of his age, but he looks very mature for his age,

8. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think it would be a mistake if Scolari doesn't call up Manuel Fernandes. He has been in my opinion one of the steadiest midfielders in the SuperLiga this year. Considering he is only 18 years old and playing like a veteran, for this kid, the sky's the limit. He's one of those players from Benfica that I would love to see @ Porto. Scolari needs to call him up NOW because, Costinha, Petit and Maniche are not getting any younger and he's sure to replace one of these guys in the midfield... and BTW Mourinho has said something that I've said a few months ago: he reminds me of a young Makekele!

9. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    Yeah I agree with you Frank and ChopSoccerDude...Manuel Fernandes is getting rave reviews even from Portistas and Sporting fans. That says alot.

But Scolari likes his veterans. Custodio has looked very good as well, as does Carlos Martins and Viana (who has 5 goals).
    I think these two friendlies are very important for Scolari to size up things. I do believe more faith has to be put into Postiga as well.

10. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  11. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Thanks Frank for your free advertising and continuing promotion of the show. BTW, as we mentioned on the show yesterday, Luis Pires from SPT interviewed us this week and we'll be shown on SPTTv's show that they have on Monday night's called "SPT Comunidades". I believe the show goes on at 9 o'clock and you can find SPT in the US and on the SuperDish I believe on channel 817??!! Can you believe it, our show has hit the TV screens? And believe me, I didn't call him, he actually saw me on Sunday and asked us to do an interview for him...

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    do you know where I can get buy the new soccer paper in Union?

13. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I got mine @ the Seabra's store on Lafayette St. in Newark... I don't know where else they sell it. I e-mailed them this week so they can give us a list of the places (stores) where people can buy it so we could mention it on the show...

14. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    does it come out everyday? I have to go and help the wife shopping at Seabra's in Hillside

15. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    right now it just comes out on Mondays (they have plans to expand though)... but you might still find it tomorrow at one of the Seabra's

16. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    thanks

one of the Monday discussions will be the Beira-Mar win, the five or 6 rookies use by Jaime Pacheco win at Nacional, when 4 players were suspended, will see what happen's today in the games Gil Vicente vs Sporting and Leiria vs Porto

17. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    we'll have all that in our "agenda" plus much more

18. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Wow, there is a ton of stuff I am sure that you guys have lined up for tonight's show: Top 5 in the SL separated by 3 points; Derby in the Taca on Wednesday; preview of the important FC Porto x Braga match on Jan. 30/05; Transfer window closing this week - any more suprises from the teams :rolleyes: ...also, let's not forget the trivia contest ;) I need one more win for the hat-trick!

19. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hi Forca_Sporting,
    we still didn't get an e-mail from you w/ your mailing address. Sorry, I 've been meaning to e-mail you about this so we can send the sweater. Please e-mail me to mail@portugabol.com

20. Força Sporting

Sep 29, 2002
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    ...e-mail just sent, ChopSoccerDude. Thanks again.

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    Americo and Paulo don't forget to mention the results of the quarter finals of the Portuguese ladies open cup, Maritimo da Murtosa with another big win in Setubal

Boavista 0-2 1º Dezembro
    Escola 1-2 Várzea
    Vitória Setúbal 0-3 Murtoense
    Fonte Boa 2-0 Vinhós

22. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    got is Frank, thanks for the update, BTW, did you find the newspaper?

23. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I didn't see it at A&J Seabras, but was already Saturday, I was in Newark today but not for long, maybe I will check a Vic's Cafe

24. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    By the way Avanca won 1-0 away from home, with a little help from the Beira-Mar players, Estarreja lost 0-1 at Sanjoanense, and Ovarense just missed a great opportunity by losing at Estrela Amadora 2-1

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ