LIVE Webcast about Portuguese Soccer every Monday & Thursday @ 8PM EST

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by ChopSoccerDude, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Interactive Audio show about the Portuguese SuperLiga hosted by 2 members of BigSoccer.com. You can participate via e-mail (mail@portugabol.com) or by posting in this thread during the show with your comments, suggestions, questions etc...
    Click HERE NOW for LIVE Webcast (8 to 9:30 PM/ Mondays and Thursdays) or click HERE any other time to listen to recorded shows.

Please visit www.portugabol.com.

2. OlivePine

OlivePine New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Bem...ainda tenho tempo de ir ali ao "Catinho" (Restaurante portugues aqui na esquina....Yonkers, NY), tomar um cafe e depois entrar em sintonia.

Por falar no "Cantinho", estara participando com uma equipa no torneio de futebol salao do Lar dos Leoes. O Mister da equipa, Juca, insistiu e fez questao de me inscrever na equipa. Compemeti-me a intimidar o adversario e jogar apenas 1-2 minutos apenas (i.e. sem ajuda de respirador oxigineo).

Paulo....get in shape....Imma kik io but again!

Gotta go! C u guys on the show!

3. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Hey, I thought there was an age limit in this tournament. Anyways, I don't know if I'll play, I am way out of shape, belly keeps growing and I have muscle aches in places I didn't even know I had :)
    Besides, it's on Saturday nights which is usually my night out with the wife... we'll see. I'll let you know. But I'll surely stop by there just to see your nice round figure :p :D in shorts and all...

4. Filho do Dragão

Filho do Dragão New Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    Congrats on getting the sticky. It's now a regular feature on this board.

Did you see the Cristiano Ronaldo goal in the F.A. Cup? I have to hand it to the organizers there. The way they set the matches, a lot of drama can happen. Who would've thought that a non-league team could give the ManYoos a lot of trouble? And Liverpool out of the competition already. Man, they're definitely not the same club as that of Shankley, Paisley and that bunch.

I would like to know what you make of the "crazy" rich Russian (no, not the one in London, the other one) who is looking to fill the roster with luso talent. I guess, in one respect, he's trying to get as much local talent to go over there as possible, instead of going to easy route and always go after South Americans. But the bad part is they're going to be closer to Siberia. Don't know if there's enough money to make it all worth it. :p

5. ChopSoccerDude

Dec 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I heard it was one of those between the legs??!!

6. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    Yeah, now that I see the video Aveirenses told us about, you're right. Nice golo.

7. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I'm hearing Portuguese on a Thursday... am I insane? :D

I'm also hearing 3 people...

8. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ

I just finish fast walking 3 miles, so I'm getting in shape, I was late for the show
    we already played in the Essex County, some kind of all star game in the late 90's

9. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Goals-http://www.shokz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ecfc-mufc.zip

10. Resendes

Resendes New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    That was an excellent goal by Christiano :D
    He such a great player to watch.

11. QuaresmaRonaldo

QuaresmaRonaldo New Member

Aug 23, 2004

Goals-http://www.shokz.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/ecfc-mufc.zip

Do I have to type in Goals before the http? :confused:

12. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    did you guys got the Beira-Mar e mail question from Portugal,? some of the guys are listening from the Beira-Mar forum

13. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    Thanks for the video link. Why can't more people know how to get themselves open? That would save clubs a lot of money trying to buy players. LOL ;)

14. OlivePine

OlivePine New Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Viram Cunha (SCP) e o Vieira (SLB) pousando pa foto naquele abraco? Que lindos meninos! So la faltava o Pinto (FCP). Parece que nao tinha "passaporte". Bem, parece que aquilo tinha mais a ver com a politica que a redondinha. Opinioes...please!

Sera que querem seguir os passos do Santana Lopes?

15. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    No. You can leave that part out. :cool:

16. Aveirenses

Aveirenses Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Guardiolunya
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Yes it was, I didn't know Motson commentated outside of when he is asskissing England.

17. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    I agree with the statue of Feher, and I don't want to take anything away but these is the time to bring up the following

should be a area like the Yankees got , somewhere around the stadium and have some statue of players like
    Cavem, Germano, Jose Aguas, Costa Pereira,
    according to reports Benfica almost ignored the funeral of Cavem a 175 goal scorer, later he played defence, and two time European cup champion

18. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    O Porto tem a placa do Pavao e senao estou em erro a placa do jogador P.i.n.g.a esta no campo do Belenenses, onde o Porto todos anos leva flores por ser seu antigo jogador

19. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    Great goal by Cristiano Ronaldo. Even though it was Exeter, it took some class receive a ball between his legs, ricochet it off his left to his right, then strike it with his left - thru the keepers legs. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

Alot of people are suggesting that Cristiano Ronaldo may be more effective as a striker, or even a centre-midfielder alas Zidane! I dunno...I kind of like seeing him run down the flanks and chipping in good crosses or cutting into the centre for a crack on goal.

20. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    Someone in the clubs area brought up the subject of Seitaridis and Fyssas and their performances this year in the Superliga so far. What is your assessment of those two players?

21. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
  22. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    Ola meus amigos

I apologize if you're answered the question already...but

Who do you think Agostinho Oliveira will recommend to Scolari to select for the Ireland friendly as far as Under-21 players?

Segunda parte: Quaresma parece q nao tenho lugar no Seleccao A. Ricardo, tenho muito talento, maz, nao tenho curacao e nao quero fazer sacrificio. Voces penso il tenho merito para ser incluido na equipa principal? I think he is running out of time - especially if Figo decides to come back! What a waste of talent...seriously!

23. QuaresmaRonaldo

Aug 23, 2004
    Ola meus amigos

I apologize if you're answered the question already...but

Who do you think Agostinho Oliveira will recommend to Scolari to select for the Ireland friendly as far as Under-21 players?

Segunda parte: Quaresma parece q nao tenho lugar no Seleccao A. Ricardo, tenho muito talento, maz, nao tenho curacao e nao quero fazer sacrificio. Voces penso il tenho merito para ser incluido na equipa principal? I think he is running out of time - especially if Figo decides to come back! What a waste of talent...seriously!

Obrigado

24. Filho do Dragão

Feb 29, 2004
    Uma Nação
    If you don't mind going off-topic, would you comment on the controversy surrounding Paolo DiCanio and the supposed "Roman Salute"?

Or, On-topic, comment on the second division. Who do you think will be promoted this year?

25. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ