List of Jewish footballers [R], part II

Discussion in 'Israel' started by MHaifa1913, Jul 4, 2008.

1. Can we please get an updated list?

2. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, I will put one together tonight.

3. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Daniel Revivo is at the MLS Combine right now so we could see him in MLS soon.

4. FCMN

FCMN New Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Israel/Canada
    Club:
    Maccabi Netanya FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Apparently he's coming to trial in Netanya...
    Is he any good?

5. snowbozo21

snowbozo21 New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Wandering
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    So I was looking at videos of Gai on youtube, and I came across this player that is playing for Barca's youth, he has a Jewish sounding name, David Zalzman, apparently he is from Venezuala, Do you know anything about him Schnorrer?

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F6ppNnaQD8g&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F6ppNnaQD8g&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

6. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    yeah he's a little kid of 12 yrs old...he signed a 5 yr contract with Barcelona after playing a tournament in Spain, now the thing im not totally sure is that if he is jewish...a guy on a venezuelan football forum said he is...but what i'm sure is that he is mixed..his mother's lastname is Guevara so that means unless the mother converted before he was born he wont be jewish by halacha law...

7. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. celeste4life

celeste4life Member

Dec 16, 2007
    United States
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    Uruguay
    I believe Maximiliano "El Pipi" Bajter is Jewish. He plays for Penarol in Uruguay.

It is very rare for a person with that name to not be jewish in Uruguay.

He is in the main roster, and sometimes plays as a starter, and sometimes is in the bench. Started off the season as the starter, but lately been more in the bench.

9. ArseAmiti

ArseAmiti New Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Bnei Ayish, Israel
    karlen abramov die in car accident. iliya yavuryan said this.

10. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
  11. mfrajman

mfrajman New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Australia
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Laurence Braude - a young Australian midfielder/defender who has been a prominent player in the Central Coast Mariners youth side in the Australian National Youth League.

12. KorayDusova

KorayDusova New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Hello my brothers...

Good topic and subject...

I in the past do works Jewis Sportsman subject...

Let us benefit in this subject ''Onomastique

We find Hebrew from the names

Lukas Podolski

Lukas Podolski or Podolsky from Podolia
    He was born in a Jewish family in Gliwice (Poland)

The earliest Jewish settlers in Podolia (Ukraine)

Government in southwestern Russia, on the Austrian frontier (Galicia). It is a center of many important events in the history of the Russian Jews. Polish and Russian documents of 1550 mention Jewish communities in Podolia, but from tombstones discovered in some towns of the government it is evident that Jews had lived there much earlier. (For the earlier history see Lithuania and Russia; for the sufferings of the Jews in the middle of the seventeenth century see Cossacks' Uprising; for the revolt of the Ukrainians against the Jews of Podolia in the eighteenth century see Haidamacks.) Ruined by persecutions lasting for centuries, Podolia became the breeding-place of superstition and religious intolerance, which flourished there more than in any other place within the Pale. Owing to the extremely impoverished condition of its Jews, ShabbethaiẒebi, the Frankists, and the Ḥasidim found in Podolia a most fertile soil for the spread of their doctrines (see Ba'al Shem-Ṭob; Frank, Jacob; Ḥasidim). Podolia was annexed to Russia at the end of the eighteenth century. The Jewish population of Podolia in 1887 was 325,907—about 12 per cent of the general population; the Jews still live mostly in small towns and villages. The capital of Podolia is Kamenetz-podolsk.

Michael Ballack

Jewish King Balak was king of Moab around 1200 BC. According to the Bible, Zippor was the father of Balak and the ruler of Moab around 1350 BC.

Balak: 12 `And to the messenger of the assembly in Pergamos write: These things saith he who is having the sharp two-edged sword: 13 I have known thy works, and where thou dost dwell -- where the throne of the Adversary [is] -- and thou dost hold fast my name, and thou didst not deny my faith, even in the days in which Antipas [was] my faithful witness, who was put to death beside you, where the Adversary doth dwell. 14 `But I have against thee a few things: That thou hast there those holding the teaching of Balaam, who did teach Balak to cast a stumbling-block before the sons of Israel, to eat idol-sacrifices, and to commit whoredom; (above is quoted from Young's Literal Translation of the Holy Bible.) And can be read online via

So Michael Ballack's endures the race to the jewish king Balak...

Michael or the law MIYKAL (מִיכַל): Hebrew name meaning "who is like God." In the bible, this is the name of a daughter of king Saul.

Ballack's wife Simone Lambe, Simon name or the law SHIMEON Variant form of Hebrew Shimown meaning ;hearkening.

Gattuso and Beckham Famous Jewish footballers

and Bomb...

Lionel Andres Messi

LIONEL: Anglo-Norman diminutive form of French Léon ("lion"), hence "little lion" or "young lion." In Arthurian legend, this is the name of a Knight of the Round Table. He was the younger son of King Bors, brother to Bors the Younger. He was cousin to Lancelot and Hector de Maris. When King Bors died in battle, Lionel and Bors were rescued by the Lady of the Lake and raised by her, along with Lancelot, in her underwater kingdom.

ANDRÉS: Portuguese and Spanish form of Greek Andreas, meaning "man; warrior."

Messi:shorten Hebrew mashiyach (messiah)

Jewish messianic tradition and eschatology, messiah refers to a future King of Israel from the Davidic line, who will rule the people of united tribes of Israel[1] and herald the Messianic Age[2] of global peace. In Standard Hebrew, The Messiah is often referred to as מלך המשיח, Méleḫ ha-Mašíaḥ (in the Tiberian vocalization pronounced Méleḵ haMMāšîªḥ), literally meaning "the Anointed King."

Thanks / Tesekkurler/ תודה, תודות! ...

Koray Dusova / Turkey

koraydusova@gmail.com

13. snowbozo21

snowbozo21 New Member

Nov 15, 2006
    Wandering
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    lol, I dont think so...:p

14. D Wreck

D Wreck New Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Using this methodology, half the players in the EPL would be of Jewish origin. I think the whole point was: who is Jewish enough that they would qualify to enter and play for the Isreali NT.... is that it?

15. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, that and also who can play in Israel and not count as a foreigner. When we started this thread, we were confirming Rudy Haddad as a Jew. He later ended up signing and captaining Maccabi Tel-Aviv (though like every player they get, they ruined him).

16. IngvarSimferopol

Jul 28, 2008
    Please, update your list:(

17. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Are you really sure? :D

Btw: Tomàs Galasek is back to the Bundesliga, so we have 2 Israeli and 2 Jewish players at Borussia-Park now. ;)

18. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    2 israelies Colautti and Alberman, 2 jewish Galasek and..??? :confused:

19. KorayDusova

KorayDusova New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    Lukas Podolski and Arjen Robben

20. Schnorrer

Schnorrer Member

May 17, 2005
    Venezuela
    Club:
    Maccabi Tel Aviv FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    none of the are jewish...

21. KorayDusova

KorayDusova New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    My brother Schnorrer...

I'm half jewish a human...

thanks for your comment..

But..

Arjen Robben's father Hans Robben half german (Groningen) jewish and his mother Marjo jewish a family girl... Hans Robben's fathers ran away Nazi's...

Arjen name variant spelling of hebrew ARI or ARIAV (אֲרִיאָב): Hebrew name meaning "father is a lion."

So ..

Podolski

Lukas Podolski

Lukas Podolski or Podolsky from Podolia
    He was born in a Jewish family in Gliwice (Poland)

The earliest Jewish settlers in Podolia (Ukraine)

Government in southwestern Russia, on the Austrian frontier (Galicia). It is a center of many important events in the history of the Russian Jews. Polish and Russian documents of 1550 mention Jewish communities in Podolia, but from tombstones discovered in some towns of the government it is evident that Jews had lived there much earlier. (For the earlier history see Lithuania and Russia; for the sufferings of the Jews in the middle of the seventeenth century see Cossacks' Uprising; for the revolt of the Ukrainians against the Jews of Podolia in the eighteenth century see Haidamacks.) Ruined by persecutions lasting for centuries, Podolia became the breeding-place of superstition and religious intolerance, which flourished there more than in any other place within the Pale. Owing to the extremely impoverished condition of its Jews, ShabbethaiẒebi, the Frankists, and the Ḥasidim found in Podolia a most fertile soil for the spread of their doctrines (see Ba'al Shem-Ṭob; Frank, Jacob; Ḥasidim). Podolia was annexed to Russia at the end of the eighteenth century. The Jewish population of Podolia in 1887 was 325,907—about 12 per cent of the general population; the Jews still live mostly in small towns and villages. The capital of Podolia is Kamenetz-podolsk.

22. MHaifa1913

MHaifa1913 Moderator
    Staff Member

Metro
    United States
    Dec 21, 1998
    New York, NY, USA
    Club:
    Maccabi Haifa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry, we can only accept those where we have actual articles where it says they are Jewish. Trust me, if Podolski was Jewish, One.co.il would have been writing articles about him as would the Jewish papers in Germany. They haven't though.

One Jew just signed for Maccabi Tel Aviv. They signed Erik Hort with plans to loan him out.

23. KorayDusova

KorayDusova New Member

Jan 6, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Turkey
    I understood , you want official documents or papers...

But , I am working in this subject..

Thanks for you..