Lippi Lines up Friendly with Brazil

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Regency, Jul 3, 2005.

1. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I would say that Pirlo is a step in the right direction, no?

2. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Definitely.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Italy's midfield should be good. We have 2 creative geniuses, Totti and Pirlo. Also, if De Rossi starts playing well, he will be a good player for Italy. And then we have Rino Gattuso to win balls.

4. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    I wont even bother responding to your personal attacks.

For anyone that wants to see the games here is the link

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/p/video.html#

5. Strummerman

Strummerman New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    Montreal
    in fact your on ignore

6. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004

I wouldnt really call totti a genious nemore after a disastrous season that he had.

7. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Totti is still a genious, no matter what kind of season he had last year. If you actually had watched him play, he still had tons of creativity and made assists. Roma's season was a disaster, and it wasn't just his fault, the whole team was a mess. Totti is still Totti.

8. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    At least I don't have a low IQ like you. My personal attacks speak the truth. I don't have time to lie.

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That's a very good midfield but Totti has to grow up. He can't act like a child or prettyboy and if he stops acting like that, Totti will very good with the Azzurri, not just with AS Roma.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Please stop baiting, dor. NO personal attacks are okay.

11. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You have made a valid point but I don't want to put up with his discriminating comments. His comments seem to be suspicious for someone on this forum. I don't see much truth in them.

Just to make sure, I'm not targeting you SueB specifically, but I don't like being called dor. It's dor02 or Doria. The dor part is the first three letters of my surname.

12. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Will do, dor02. :)

13. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    The last thing that I would call Totti is genius.

14. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    yes and that is closely followed by "good rolemodel/leader"

15. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Cassano makes me laugh sometime when he makes comments about Del Piero choking in the big games but than he goes and makes a statement that Roma had a bad season not totti. Totti is totti man. Cmon man you totally contradict yourself sometime u put so much blame that Del Piero never performs have u ever thought that maybe its the NT that doesnt play good. LIke u have to watch your statements.

16. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never said that Totti did not have a bad season. I admit, he was terrible last year. I also know that Totti never plays well with the Azzurri and has the occasional good game here or there. But doubting his skill, that's where you're wrong. Totti is probably Italy's most skilled player and still is despite what season he had last year. Most people hate him for what he did at Euro 2004, but you have to look beyond that act of bad discipline. Gumbacicc, Totti may not be a genious in the sense of his intelligence and his actions on the field, but he is a technical mastermind when it comes to touching a soccer ball. Please, do yourselves a favor and go to www.francesco-totti.it and see some of things this man can do.

17. gumbacicc

gumbacicc Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    USA
    What good is that so-called genius if he does not perform when it matters? On top of that, in key games he does not just fail to produce, he manages to do idiotic things to get hurt his teams. I don't give a $hit if he can do some fancy tricks on the ball; be the key guy on the winning teams like the real geniuses/champions were: i.e. Pele, Maradona, Platini, Baggio. Totti couldn't shine those guys' shoes.

In fact, in recent years, I have seen him as more of a cancer than anything else. See the ill state of Roma as support.

18. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I know that he can't perform at a high level and thats not what I'm arguing. I'm arguing the fact that people don't think he's a very skilled player because of his disciplinary actions. And it's obvious that Totti is outclassed by Pele, Maradona, Platini, and Baggio. Those players will be legends, Totti will just be a great player.

19. bobarino

bobarino New Member

Feb 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Your blind ignorance of the truth Cassano speaks, hopefully stems from your being a supporter of Juve. The football abilities of Totti are not for debate. Even Azzurri teammates acknowledge his technical gifts on the pitch. Unfortunately, his bullet-head, thick skulled antics are probably better known than his world class skills right now.

20. delp_07

delp_07 New Member

Oct 20, 2004

Whether or not we are Juve fans have nothing to do with anything, Totti is Totti and he is a cancer to the azzurri, his attitude does affect his "natural" ability because he is too good to show it. SO his technical gifts are affected by the way he acts, and he affects other players on his team e.g. Cassano for example. And it really is too bad that Totti is blowing it because i remember Euro 2000 he showed so much potential and he layed brilliant but its gone and he should be off the azzurri.

21. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Name one person that can replace him...

22. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    well in my opinion it really depends on what position you want him to play i know many people who would play him as a forward or a midfielder and one moron who says he should be a defender if you consider him a striker than there are plenty of choices for example cassano gilardino lucarelli luca toni vieri or del piero but if you consider him a midfielder it becomes a little more difficult.

23. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    exactly. Striking options are endless but there is no legitimate Attacking Midfield replacement.

24. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    I remember last year when they were training for the upcoming Euros, Nesta said that Totti is so good that he could play barefoot if he wanted to.

25. Forza_Italia

Forza_Italia New Member

Jun 12, 2005
    mississauga
    o so you would play him at midfield then ya there isnt much of an option however you have to think with totti you cannot anticipate what he will do i mean can the national team place him in such an important role after eurocup 04 or the "hissyfit" he threw near the end of the serie a season suspending him for 5 games and sending roma to the brink of relegation fortunatly for the entertainment value and competition level in the serie a they survived or he can come out and deliver a eurocup 2000 type performance so its a gray issure personally im not sure hes worth the risk