Ligue 1 2005/6 schedule?

Discussion in 'France' started by CG, Jul 6, 2005.

1. CG

CG Member

Jul 25, 2001
    when does the schedule for the new season come out? My wife will be in Paris in mid to late October and wants to go to a game. Beseides PSG, are there any teams(not just Ligue 1) near Paris?

2. maturin

maturin Member

Jun 8, 2004
    There are 8-12 teams in the suburban Paris area depending on how far down the divisions you're willing to go. RC Paris play in the northern suburbs and are in the third division, they would be a good bet. Also, bear in mind that OGC Lille will be playing their CL home matches in Paris this year. If they play a match when she's there, she should have no problem getting tickets.

If she wants to make a day trip out of it, many of the clubs in Bretagne, Alsace-Lorraine, and Bourgogne are just a quick TGV ride away from the capital.

3. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Its out...

Go to the results thread in the sticky section and you'll see I have posted links to the fixtures lists for Ligue 1 and 2...

It will also have all the teams competiting in all the divisions and where they are all based...

Hope that helps.... :)

4. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    22nd October - PSG v Nancy...

You could go and see other teams in Ile-de-France, but only if you like the trek and desperately want to experience the 'real' Paris...

Most tourists won't stray outside 75

5. SportBoy333

SportBoy333 Member+

Jun 27, 2003
    Nope they were dropped all the way down to the DH for next year because of financial issues. Sannois St. Gratien are still in the 3rd division they are the better bet.

6. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hmmmmm. I've not seen the full DNGC reports yet...

Especially those regarding RC Paris