Liga Pro - 2021 season

Discussion in 'Ecuador - Clubs' started by The Machine, Jan 15, 2021.

1. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Manu Balda signed with Guayaquil City. Jose "Tin" Angulo signed with Manta. Both are great pickups.

2. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Lucas Sosa to Emelec. That probably takes them out of the running for Luis Fernando Leon. He's now been linked to BSC which is odd.

Janner Corozo is still undecided. He's been connected to Liga and Emelec. It will be interesting to see where he ends up.

3. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Luis Fernando Leon to BSC. Still no update on Janner Corozo.

4. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Gaibor is staying with Guayaquil City. I would have preferred Emelec to sign him as opposed to Orejuela but oh well. Liga and BSC weren't good fits for him. He'll start for them. He'll also play Copa Sudamericana.

5. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Maybe next season Gaibor could return to Emelec he def need to recover his form. But i guess Orejuela isnt in the best form either.

I would have loved for Orejuela to return Liga but we dont really need him atm. Liga needs a younger player who wouldnt mind coming of the bench everynow and then.

6. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Some players that look like they will have a good comeback season this season.

Jose Angulo
    Gabriel Cortez
    Joao Paredes

7. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Olmedo is a mess, and honestly, I'm always left wondering how the smaller clubs continue to make money and find some sort of financial sustainability especially now during COVID when TV rights and ad/sponsorships stay low.

8. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    It sad they have a pretty good team on papper. Look at all the talent they are trying to get Sergio Quintero - Robertino Insúa - Bryan Rodríguez - Gonzalo Alfaro Moreno - Nilo Valencia.

Who know how much money they have or where they get it all from. But it clear that they are being poorly managed from an admins point of view same as El Nacho.

9. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Top free agents ATM.

Jacob Murillo
    Joao Plata
    Arturo Mina
    Jordan Gaspar
    Jordi Govea
    Jorge Palacios
    Yeison Guerrero

10. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I've been hearing that the VAR situation, or lack thereof, is a huge issue for the tournament this year. Any details?

11. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Basically only big teams can pay to use var so only in big matches BSC vs CSE for example will they be used and have a fair match. The matches where it BSC vs Mushuc Runa and the refs play to BSC advantage it becomes very noticeable that refs are helping out these bigger teams. And smaller teams are bringing out the issue with the refs and lack of var in our league.

12. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    El Nacho Return to Serie A! Free Agents Picked up/ Return of Ecuadorians in El Exterior.

Leodan Chala
    Manolo Rodas, Mose Sanchez, Arturo Mina, Jordi Govea
    Josimar Quinteros, Gustavo Quezada, Nicolas Davila,
    Jonathan Borja, Jordan Gaspar, Joao Plata

Alternate XI:
    David Cabezas
    Jeampier Torres, Walter Chala, Jeremy Del Castillo, Adrian Cela
    Tomson Minda, Ronald De Jesus, Brayan Tana
    Jorge Palacios, Byron Palacios, Yeison Guerrero

13. LDU4ever

LDU4ever Moderator
    Staff Member

Liga de Quito
    Ecuador
    Nov 21, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    So, the refs are on strike?

14. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Ideal coaches for the top 3.

Sebastián Beccacece to Emelec

Gabriel Milito to Barcelona

Juan Pablo Vojvoda to Liga de Quito

Coaches like these would elevate our football and league to the max.

15. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Transfer rumors are going already.

Aaron Rodriguez to Emelec. Ive wanted him in Liga for a while now. dam.

Gonzalo Piovi to Liga. Yes we need a CB I hope we can get him and Jonathan Rak. We need defenders.

Foreign rumor. Dominguez is said to go to Deportes Tolima. Their main GK got picked up by Millionarios.

16. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Dam wtf. Does this mean Aucas is completely abandoning their youth development? They were doing pretty well developing players so far it a shame for them to turn back on that now.

17. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    keep and eye on Josue Cuero RB from Universidad Catholica. 20 y/o came out of River Plate and Athletico Paranaense youth. Didnt realize he came back to Ecuador.

18. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    I'm glad to see this guy come to Ecuador. I've been wanting him to for a while now. He could recover his form there and do well back home. Deportivo Cuenca has done a great job signing talent aboard. I never saw guys like Michael Hoyos and Emanuel Martinez being that success full. Mancinelli and Doregarray too. It was also nice to see them pick up Cristian Penilla.

I would keep an eye on him

19. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Also really happy to see Gualaceo made it to Seria A. They always worked with Deportivo Cuenca. If they go the same route as Deportivo Cuenca I can see them having the same amount of success. Good for Azuay.

20. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Look at how competitive Liga Pro is getting I love how these new teams pull of these great results. Looking at Orense they have a great team Julio Angulo, Joao Rojas, Gabriel Achiller, Assis, Pluas, Koufatty. And Super Guala having nice chemistry in their team.

Barcelona beats Orense 2-0
    LDU beats Barcelona 2-0
    Orense beats LDU 3-0

IDV beats Gualaceo 3-1
    Barcelona beats IDV 2-0
    Gualaceo beats Barcelona 1-0

21. Primitive Ways

Primitive Ways Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Florida
    Club:
    Barcelona Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    I hate this league so much. I doubt we win this semester now.

22. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
  23. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    Our B League is so competitive thanks to IDV Juniors. That team is honestly 1st division quality. They might be crowned champions this year and that means the 2nd and 3rd position team will be promoted. There are 6 to 7 teams teams that are currently battling to get one of those top 3 spots. I thinks this is another reason why our B teams come to 1st division ready to compete. I honestly wish we could expand our 2nd division a little bit more.

24. The Machine

The Machine Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Club:
    Emelec Guayaquil
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    What IDV is doing as an organization is nothing short of incredible. Their senior team is competing on three fronts - Liga Pro, Copa Ecuador, Copa Sudamericana. Independiente Jrs is contending for the Serie B championship. Their youth squads compete at a high level not just domestically but internationally. They've yet to reach their ceiling as an organization. They're gonna cash in big time when Moises and Piero get transferred for large sums. They'll use that money to reinvest it in the organization. The question then becomes what do they do with those funds.

There's so much that can be done to improve Ecuadorian football. Expanding Serie B is one of them. I think 14 teams would be ideal.

25. javer

javer Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Club:
    Liga de Quito
    They could build another stadium for IDV juniors and form a partnership with other teams so that they can all use that stadium teams like Cumbaya, America, Espoli, U. de San Francisco and other teams from Pichincha could really benefit from another stadium rather than all sharing El Olímpico Atahualpa. I always thought it was crazy that soo many teams in Pichincha use that stadium. The only real way we can expand Seria B is with more up to date stadiums. It was the main reason they relocated Espoli to Santo Domingo when they were in 1st division.

But I think their real projects and future investments will be CD Numancia since we havent been hearing much of them yet.