Liga Nos 2020/21 CHAMPIONS!!!

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Aug 28, 2020.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    JJ came up some of the weakest excuses of all time. It’s everyone and everything’s fault except him and lfv

2. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Now that the euros are over, we can get back to what's important.

We are champions!

That is all

AlexJones19 and SCP_16 repped this.
  4. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Exactly. I knew this Euro was going to be a trainwreck once that geriatric made his call-ups.

5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Look at the bright side, Pote and Mendes basically had a nice vacation and didn't get injured

AlexJones19 and Holy__Joe repped this.
  6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

insanity they got no playing time. Do you really believe that if they were Benfica fans that they would absolutely have playing time? Felix had one season on the senior team for SLB and was immediately slotted into the starting 11. Pote breaks records and gets nothing. Mendes is clearly a superior player over Gurreiro.

7. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    I thought Mendes was injured ?

8. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

He was injured for the first couple of games but then recovered.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    "O Pote? Num dos jogos optei pelo Rafa e ele entrou bem. Noutras, podíamos ter optado por ele, mas hoje o jogo pareceu-me que era para outro tipo de jogadores entrar em campo. Mas o Pote esteve aqui porque tem qualidade e mérito. Fez um trabalho excelente enquanto esteve aqui, mas pelo que os jogos foram apresentando não me pareceu que naqueles momentos o Pote fosse a opção certa."

LOL Santos is a f*ckin hardcore Lampiao and it's clouding his judgement. Imagine leaving the top scorer on the bench in favor of scrubs like Rafa. If people want to talk Clubismo, look no further than Santos. Like I said, dude tried to force Sanches into the lineup in 2016, it didn't work. Tried doing the same with Felix at the Nations League. It didn't work.

Part of me is glad this clown failed. The sooner he's gone, the sooner we can field

10. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a ridiculous thing to say. With all the offensive fire power on the squad it wouldn’t be hard to come up with a comment that doesn’t make you sound like a fool. How is the domestic top scorer not the type of player for a game in which you desperately need a goal and everyone on the team is whiffing with muffins on every shot?

11. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sanches didn't work? He was our best player in 2016...

12. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Lol what. Dude was benched in the Croatia game and the final against France. He wasn't even close to our best player.

13. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Maybe I exaggerated about him being our best player, but honestly you are the first person I've heard say he didn't belong there. He won best young player of the tournament. He was the motor of the midfield in many games. Would you say he was forced in if he was a Sporting product?

14. ScpBoy77

ScpBoy77 Member

SCP
    Portugal
    Sep 20, 2018
    Pote not getting a minute of playing time in these Euros was absolutely absurd. Grateful FS helped us win a Euro and Nations league, but it's time to move on.
    Hopefully at the World Cup we'll get to see Mendes and Pote at some capacity

SCP_16 repped this.
  15. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Fernando Santos has been brutal. When you think about it, in 2016 we only won one game in 90 mins, in the World Cup we only won against Morocco, and now we only beat Hungary. We need some new ideas there… my bet is he moves on after the work cup

ScpBoy77 and SCP_16 repped this.
  16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

If he was a sporting product would never have gotten called up. After the Poland game, he did nothing and was replaced by Adrien. They went Adrien, William and Joao Mario in the final. Santos was kinda forced to. He had no options.

The dude literally called up and played a hurt Felix (knew he was hurt) and played a washed up Rafa who just wrapped up a terrible season with SLB over two dudes who set records in Portugal (Pote) and Germany (Andre Silva). Santos is obviously a Benfica dick riding homer and uses that logic when he decide who plays and who doesn't.

17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Ruben Amorim won the coach of the year award from the Liga (unsurprisingly).

Pote won the top scorer and young player of the year award. Still more awards to go and he should be in the running for Player of the Year.

Also LFV won the Best Dressed Prisoner award.

SCP_16 and nelly29 repped this.
  18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coates wins the MVP award! Much deserved

nelly29 repped this.
  19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Still waiting for the FPF to congratulate Pote on their FB page. They're probably still too busy trying to hype up Jorge Mendes clients and Benfica players.

fdasilva and nelly29 repped this.
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    One year ago today boys - don't know how many times I've seen this video, never gets old:

natenate101 repped this.
  21. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Makes this year even more depressing

22. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We're on the right track not everything is awful

natenate101 and Crooked repped this.
  23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bump - yeah this year was definitely depressing.

2 years today we won the title.

24. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really odd year, if the team showed any kind of consistency in the league they’d be in the CL spots. But it seemed like for every big result, a depressing slip up would occur right after to halt any momentum.