Liga NOS 2018/19 - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by fdasilva, Nov 10, 2018.

1. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pretty amazing considering the state we were in this summer. Plus Taça final to look forward to. This season has by far exceeded my expectations. I was pretty critical of Keizer after the Benfica rout, but he’s had the team respond well since. Fantastic run. I was looking at it the other day and we’re looking at a season of 79 potential points. Just for comparison sake I believe JJ averaged 77 or 78 points the last 3 years. Again, considering the state of the team in comparison I think that’s remarkable.

Bruno Fernandes too though, what can you say.

natenate101 and SCP21 repped this.
  2. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Going well today, but in reality it always should have been after they lost their keeper at 1-0.

Lot of power on that shot by Phellype forcing it over the line.

3. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nice little back heel from Bruno too

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Havent watched but we are 5-1 up!

5. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    6*

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    6-1! Nice to see Dost scoring again too.

7. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    7-1

Hat trick for Bruno

8. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    8-1

The comradery on this team is pretty cool to see. You got strikers passing up empty nets and sure fire goals to give opportunity to midfielders to score lol on multiple occasions.

natenate101 repped this.
  9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    8-1 final. Doumbia got one too. Just give Bruno the 5million

natenate101 repped this.
  10. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can you explain this comment?

11. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I believe Bruno gets paid 5 mil if we turn down offers over 30 or 35 mil. I think fdasilva is implying that he wants to have Bruno back next season.

12. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, got it. Haha. It would be worth it for the club but if the player is hell bent on leaving it may be better to cash in while thanking him for a few great years and replenish. The club has held on to players a year or two too late before and it didn't help in the long run.
    Has BF spoken about what he wants to do at all?

13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I posted in another thread but if a club bids 35m for him and we reject, we owe him 5m as compensation.

Considering the potential bids coming in it would be worth just forking over the 5m now.

natenate101 repped this.
  14. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I don’t think Bruno’s expressed any hell bent desire on leaving, I don’t think he would either he doesn’t strike me as that type of person. He’s always spoken professionally since he’s got here. Pretty sure he even alluded to carrying over this momentum into the next season during his flash interview. I’m sure he’d be happy with a move to a bigger club in England, I’m not kidding myself. But I don’t think he’s gonna be a trouble maker if it doesn’t happen. 5 mil will make it easier to swallow too.

But I totally get what your saying about holding on to guys too long. I want him back but I know the right thing to do is sell him after a historic season. But I also get fdasilva’s point of view too. 30-35 isn’t enough... isn’t that around what we sold Joao Mario for? Love JM but Fernandes is worth more

natenate101 repped this.
  15. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm with you on all of this. He is worth more for sure but Sporting just won't get as much for him as a Porto or Benfica would. I'd be ecstatic is he stayed but only if his head is on straight and is motivated to stay and play at the same level. Guy has been a monster this season and deserves a move really.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Would be a mistake to force him to stay. I doubt he would ever say it, but of course he would want to leave.

Even if a club offers 35mil for him, I feel like he wouldn't take the 5mil and let us wait for a better offer that works for everyone. Everything hes said and done up to this point makes me think that hes just too solid of a guy.

17. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    He is coming off a season he will NEVER be able to repeat..... Offers will never be higher that this offseason IMHO

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    JM was sold for 40M euros. And Bruno is way better. He's worth 35M base price on transfermarkt and has scored 31 goals, a record for any midfielder in any european league.

If we had made CL we could try and hold onto him, but since we likely won't, we will sell. 60-70M bid and I can see him being sold, and that kind of money can be really useful to balance the squad. We can sign key upgrades. Plus figure out the future of Dost and Acuna which can bring more money. Plus get rid of the deadweight Petrovic, Jefferson, etc... give a couple of promising players a chance, return some loaned players and we can have a nice balanced squad with depth. Also forgot about the money we can still get from players like Gelson.

Will miss Bruno but we can really balance the squad with the incoming money.

natenate101 repped this.
  19. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Bruno Fernandes and Luiz Phellype voted midfielder and forward of the month respectively for April.

21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    We're up 1-0 on Tondela but Ristovski has been sent off in the first half and he'll miss his 3rd derby of the season.

22. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Missed a couple of easy goals. ... Hope it doesn't t come back to haunt us

23. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Already has. Atrocious marking. 1-1

24. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    What a poor game. Lost any chance of 2nd place and the last game vs. Porto is meaningless. All eyes on the cup final now.

I know the red card affected us, but Gudelj in midfield just made us so vulnerable and Tondela had plenty of chances to win.

25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Ahaha Ristovski has been suspended 2 matches, so he misses both the upcoming league match and the cup final vs. Porto. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: