Liga : Getafe vs FC Barcelona[R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by njonkers, Nov 26, 2004.

1. njonkers

njonkers New Member

Aug 13, 2003
    Cape Town,SA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Week 13 of La Liga season is here.
    Our lead is 7 points let's hope it's 7 or more by Monday morning. ;)

Here is what Getafe coach says about the mighty azulgrana.

Mindless dribble I know we will sort them out tomorrow night.

Gerard doubtfull again after pulling a muscle in training today.
    Did the trip to the Spa soften them up.I wonder :eek:

For this game we have a fit first eleven but no real depth on the bench aside from A Iniesta.

Let's collect the three points Barca!!!!

2. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    *6 more

barca should get 3 points this week. lets hope we see a lot of messi this week.

3. sweet nick willy

sweet nick willy New Member

Sep 6, 2001
    Barcelona
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our next three games are Getafe, Malaga, and Albacete. We shouldn't have much trouble with them (without being cocky, Frank won't allow it!). Hopefully we'll have more players healthy when we play Valencia on Dec. 12.

Off topic (forgive me guys):
    BTW Astabo0t, you ready for the big game on Sunday? The real Gran Clasico? I'm talking about the Dolphins-49ers baby! I think my niners will win... the first pick in next years draft!

4. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    i think we'll see Messi as starter.

I forgive you SNW but it seems Manning is tha shi+ as of late!

5. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

hahaha...ya a real classic :rolleyes: :p

well the good news is i have been up in gainesville and they dont show fins games up there, so i havent had to endure as much pain.

i hope the niners win though, i want that pick.

6. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    20min 1-0 (Marques)
    23min 2-0 (Deco)

So far, so good :D

7. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    59 min 1-2 (Craveanu) :eek: Crap

8. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    Full time 2-1.

9. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    Uf, this was a hard game. Getafe almost destoyed us in the second half. Fortunatly we had Valdes who saved our ass.

In first half we dominated. We were better side, again over 60 % ball possesion. Our first goal were masterpiece from Marques. Free kick was superb. First goal this season that we scored from freekick. And it was beauty. Second came few minutes later after genious pass from Ronnie, than Xavi long run and great finish from Deco. At that point I tought that we already won the match. But...
    In second half it was the sceariest 45 minutes this season. Puyol made a poor clearance and ball came to Clareanu who easily made it 2-1. After that it was Valdes show. We had terrible defence this eveninig and we can thanks to Valdes that we didnt lost the game. After red card, good decision from the ref, it was much easier but still Getafe was a very dangerous. At the end we won the game with gret luck or better said thanks to great goalkepping from Valdes. A very important win to keep the confidence high. We have Malaga at home next weak.

Player by player:
    Valdes: MAN of the match in my eyes. Great game!!! He made some unbelievable saves, I still dont know how he saved them.
    Belletti: good first half but in second he got lost.
    Gio: same for him as Belletti, but better in second half.
    Puyol: in first half it was good old Puyol, bit in secind he made to many mistakes for his standars. Not one of his best matches. Luckely his mistakes were punished just once.
    Oleguer: in this game I think he played better than Puyol did. Atleast he didnt make so many terrible mistakes.
    Marques: one of our better men in this match. His goal was a beauty. Also good game in first half, in second he lost the domination in the midfield but made some good deffensive moves. Great game from him.
    Deco: great first half, weak performance in second. He was somehow lost in the second half. But in first half he was one of aout best man. Also great finish for second goal which gave us a victory. Overall good performance.
    Xavi: he lead the match for Barca. Great run and final pass for second goal, also some great passes in shots. Good performance, but in second half he lost the midfield domination and his defending was just good enough that the ball was always enough far from goal.
    Giuly: this was not his night. Also he didnt get any useful ball. Overall poor performance a good move from FR to replace him.
    Ronnie: nothink special except from two great moves; one pass with ankle for Xavi and later goal, second again with ankle and red card for Getafe defender. I was surprised how easily Getafe defenders took him ball away. I think he was very tired after last to games. As all other he need some rest.
    Etoo: average performance, he didnt scored a goal but was very near at the end of first half. As goes for the whole team also for him. Good frist half and poor second half.

Overall I think we were lucky that the match ended with 2.1 for us. The resoult could be totaly deferent. But we also show some power, will and a small moves that makes the difference. In such games league is winning, not in derbies. I will forget this match as soon as possible. We won and this is important.
    Now we need some rest. Think all players are very tired.

FORZA BARCA

10. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    Hey..is their any specific way im supposed to open these links...?....i try to watch them and my media player wont play them..it says the file is corrupt..what up with that ?...is their anyway u can hook me up with another clip of the marquez goal ?....id really appreciate it..

11. balla

balla Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Melbourne,Australia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Why aren't you a Raiders fan??? 49ers are worse and they aren't your local team............

12. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
    I had also some problems. But Real player and BS played bouth played it. I will try to find better versions.

13. krazbo

krazbo New Member

Sep 23, 2003
    Ljubljana, SI
  14. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
  15. melman152003

melman152003 New Member

Jun 18, 2004
    Chi-Town
    That Marquez goal was a beauty!

16. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat
    Player by player:
    Valdes: MAN of the match in my eyes. Great game!!! He made some unbelievable saves, I still dont know how he saved them.

Overall I think we were lucky that the match ended with 2.1 for us. The resoult could be totaly deferent. But we also show some power, will and a small moves that makes the difference. In such games league is winning, not in derbies. I will forget this match as soon as possible. We won and this is important.
    Now we need some rest. Think all players are very tired.

FORZA BARCA[/QUOTE]

well this match was one of those lucky ones for any team, the first half we did control the tempo of the game but things changed in the second, and i do agree with you we were really lucky to walk away with all three points espcially given getafe`s second half brilliant display, they had us on the ropes and like you said valdes surely is the clear man of the match in this one, the sending off of getafe`s spearhead Craioveanu also played to our advantage as the intense pressure they were putting on us died down. culprits for this game, puyol for easily giving away the ball to the veteran romanian front runner Craioveanu to pull one back for them, should have made a better clearance.

about the goals, i was more impressed by deco`s clinical effort after nice left wing build up by ronnie and gio.
    valdes- great game twice i thought getafe had scored but he spectaculary saved us one in the first half from the youthful former real madrid attacker ivan riki`s lopping header may be he should be called up for spain with the way he is playing, and the in the second half from yordi`s header, tipping the ball over the cross bar.

good news is that no major injuries from this match as we get set for next week`s home game against a struggling malaga side. until then i will keep an eye on the real madrid -levante clash and the valencia versus mallorca game, hoping for an upset adraw if possible for these other title contenders.

17. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    Great match report K-man. I'd just like to add a couple of things:
    1- Damia, coming on in the most crucial moments of the 2nd half, was simply fantastic. His composure in such a difficult moment of the game was incredible. He's got speed to burn, unbleivable for a player his size, his positional sense was excellent, and tough as a rock. I think we have a natural replacement for Belletti, and I beleive, as far as full backs are concerned, Rijkaard can go back to the rotation system with Damia and Sylvinho.
    2-The racist abuse directed towards Eto'o was sickening. Everytime he touched the ball, you could clearly and loudly hear the now standard monkey noises. Frankly, this is getting disgusting. It's happening every week now, and I'm just wondering if this is a Staple of Madrid or if it's happening in other cities too. At the end of the game, a Getafe player was injured and Samuel had the ball. He felt it was his chance to let out some frustration, and he simply rocketed the ball out of bounds and towards the crowd. He got a yellow for it, but I feel for the guy. I really wanted the ball to just smack one of those idiots in the face and make him at least swallow his teeth!!!

18. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    we have to give getafe a lot of credit for their performance, they gave barca a really hard time right from the beginning. they also gave madrid a really hard time and were also very unlucky to loose to them,and they actually beat valencia. so coming away from there with the three points is a very good result. barca showed some real killer instinct to put away those two chances. i was also very impressed by damia, it's really wonderful to see so many players coming up from the youth teams (valdes, puyol, oleguer, damia, iniesta, savi, motta, messi, jorquera, etc.)

19. cocreator

cocreator New Member

Oct 27, 2004
    I downloaded this game and watched it..

sometime during the first half
    I thought i heard people chanting

"ronaldinho hijo de ********, ronaldinho hijo de ********.."

did anyone else hear this?

20. ElDivino

ElDivino Member

Nov 11, 2004
    hey thanx alot guys..these other clips worked fine...i dont kno why the others wouldnt play....and whats BS player ?...ive never heard of it...anyways i cant stop watching that marquez freekick..what a brilliant goal !!!

21. acmilan_barcelona

acmilan_barcelona Nou Camp-San Siro

May 11, 2002
    Barcelona Monteserat

it`s really sad for the state of the primera liga as regards racism, i think some thing has to be done sooner , but what happened between the real madrid Vs bayer leverkusen champ league match was worse, oh my God i did see some fans make nazi/hitler salutes whenever bayer`s brazilian stopper roque junior touched the ball plus all sorts of provocative noises , i think with time spanish football authorities will start to act, lets wait and see.

22. elchico

elchico Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Lebanon
    By the way, anyone who's having trouble with the AVI's, download the latest DIVX player from www.divx.com and you should have no problem.

23. Empty3D

Empty3D New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    http://www.bsplayer.org/ Easy to use and it doesn't eat a lot of resources from cpu. You can play subtitles on it. I use it all the time.