PBP: Levante UD v FC Barcelona | J36 - La Liga 20/21 | 11 May 2021 [R]

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by celito, May 11, 2021.

1. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Rijkaars's last season we were shit in Liga but still quite strong in UCL. Dominate even Man Utd in semi final.

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    We played Celtic in the R16 instead of PSG. There were numerous teams better than us in CL in 2008, including Inter who crashed-out in the R16, we just got a super lucky draw. Just like Madrid in 2021 and 2014.

3. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #53 JoCryuff98, May 11, 2021
    Last edited: May 11, 2021
    We really don’t know that for sure. Rijkaard was actually pretty competitive in the CL. We also played well against Liverpool in 2007 CL(beat them at Anfield too) and they were the finalists. Our team was still great to compete well in the CL. Even though Ronaldinho and Deco were past it. We had some of the core players that were crucial in the Pep era.

4. Danko

Danko Member+

Barcelona
    Serbia
    Mar 15, 2018
    I set my PVR to record this game. It ended up recording only 4 seconds for some reason. It's like it was telling me "You don't wanna watch this shit bro..."

I actually did wanna watch it but seeing that the score was 3-3, it would have pissed me off a whole lot. The league is over. The fact that we were close after our disastrous start was a miracle in itself. Regroup, come back next year hungry, hopefully with Messi still here and a brand new backline. No spending money on forwards but on defenders and fullbacks. I don't wanna see Pique, Lenglet or Roberto ever playing another match for us and Alba should be a sub.

5. JoCryuff98

JoCryuff98 Member+

Barcelona
    Netherlands
    Jan 3, 2018
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Koeman is gone. I would like him to return to the national team.

6. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Respect to Levante. This season they took 8 points off us, LPB, and Atleti. In fact, of the top 3 teams, we did best against Levante. And we have Levante to thank for cutting Atleti's lead in half when they beat and drew with them in the space of a few days. (match rescheduled for covid reasons made that happen)

2020-10-04: Levante 0-2 Real Madrid

2020-12-13: Barcelona 1-0 Levante

2021-01-30: Real Madrid 1-2 Levante

2021-02-17: Levante 1-1 Atlético Madrid

2021-02-20: Atlético Madrid 0-2 Levante

2021-05-11: Levante 3-3 Barcelona

ShortyMac, BocaFan and unclesox repped this.
  7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I dunno about that. We have huge questions up front even if Messi returns. Although I guess someone like Depay would be "free" in a way.

Is Lenglet really that bad? He had a couple of months of really bad form but in many games he is the only guy playing defense, including last night. I think there is potential there if he has a good CB partner. Most defenders would look useless in our 1-6-3 formation.

8. waitforit

waitforit Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    Valcea
    Club:
    FC Steaua Bucuresti
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    I really hate these teams honestly. The nothing to play so they play like shit in the other games

Hope they will get relegated in my lifetime. And somehow Barca helps doing that

Before last night they scored 4 goals since March.

9. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    But we didn't defend. Can't blame them if we give them numerous chances and they manage to finish a couple of them nicely. A better team might've scored 5 in just that one half.

10. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Then we collects 1 poinst from Madrid teams. Absolutely terrible.

11. Ozora

Ozora Member+

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 5, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea LFC
    Because we didn't bottle our group stage like this season. Plus we dominated peak Man Utd in semi final, they were stronger team than PSG this season.