Letter to Philipp Lahm

Discussion in 'Bayern Munich' started by   , Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    Dear Lahm,

We just watched you against Benfica and must say you played amazing. Over the course of the year you have quickly become a crowd favourite in Germany.
    From amateur status a season and a half ago you have risen from obscurity to total talent.
    I know it worries you to come back to Bayern after your loan expires at Stuttgart but it is inevitable. Unless the Bayern board stop you from returning you will turn into diarrhea just like all the Bayern players that have been recently purchased.
    Don't worry though, you are still young and your future is bright somewhere else after your contract expires.

Signed,

Ballack, Pizarro, Hashemian, Lucio, Kovacs, Demichellis, Thiam, Frings and Rau.

2. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Besides Madrid

Does diarrhea get paid more at Bayern than other teams?

3. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Boxes... you may be onto something here... as if we didn't know or speculate this enough already, perhaps the environment at Munich is not conducive for growth at the present time. The players that have "grown" have done so on loan or in the reserver ranks, not on the premier side.

Interesting. I feel the runs comin on.... (excuse me)... :~(

4. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Well that's not entirely true -Hargreaves, Schweinsteiger and Trochowski all came through youth and reserves and have had some success with the premier side.

Who else is on loan besides Lahm--Fuelner?

5. eissman

eissman Member+

Feb 5, 2004
    Illinois
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right. My point was that they developed in the reserve ranks at Bayern or at least the youth systems until they made the premier side. Once there, they only flourish when given the chance. Lahm on the other hand developed at Munich, loaned out to a less stressful environment, has flourished game in game out in the starting lineup. As Boxes stated, will FCB fcvk that all up once he returns? The environment seems to be a pressure cooker, and unless you are accustomed to that, you are toast (aka Ballack, our latest whipping-boy).

I really just need to take some time and breath deeply... I am still fuming over yesterday... and my attitude has not been the better for it.
    =)

6. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

gotcha!

Sometimes I like to think there is a curse on these guys.

7. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    I wouldn't use him as a left-back, but as right-bacl, because actually he's right-footet. On the left side he has problems with crosses, he has to lay the ball on his right foot, so that always costs 1 or 2 important seconds. On the right side he would be more effective. I would suggest du sell Sagnol and buy a left back, maybe Dede from Dortmund, he is free at the end of the season.

Dead Fingers: Feulner is not on loan, he belongs to Cologne.

On loan are Lahm, Husterer (Stuttgart) and Lell (Cologne).

8. Dead Fingers

Dead Fingers Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 22, 2004
    St. Paul, Minnesota
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC

LordR

Thanks for the information

9. NeoK

NeoK Member

Oct 11, 2004
    letter to lord r

u think if its up to him he wouldnt play on the right?u think germany has a lot of leftbacks ?no

did u know that he was a defensive midfielder at bayern ,then at stuutgart he started as right back when hikel was out ,then he was moved left

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez
    I would like to think in an utopian football realm that players strive to better themselves not just in monetary terms.

I believe he was a RB for Bayern Amateurs, moved to Stuttgart with the intention to have that role but with experimentation sealed the LB as his own.

Did you know Schweinsteiger is a DM?

11. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    I don't say that Bayern HAVE TO put him on the right, he can play both sides, but on the right he as a right-footed would be more effective in the offensive, it wouldn't effect his defensive performance though. I know that there are few really good left-backs and even fewer that are available, but Dede is such a good player. And if you have the oppurtunity to get him and sell Sagnol (who probably wants to leave anyway) for a decent price, why not? It also would be ok to keep Sagnol and keep Lahm on the left side, but i would prefer the other thing...

He was right-back at Bayern and was loaned from Stuttgart to be an alternative for Hinkel. Magath was the one who first gave him the chance to play LB, but he wasn't a DM before, but a RB.

12. NeoK

NeoK Member

Oct 11, 2004
    see that's bad management , right now we have too many players and we have to reduce the cadre ,jeremies,scholl, are probably in their last year ,we have ,kovac contract runs out this summer ,sagnol has been a good servant and always reliable plus he has great experience ,if he goes we'll be left with youngsters like goerlitz and lahm ,kuffour and brazzo who both been playing out of position at rightback and leftbeck.

as for dede ,i think no doubt he can help but theres 2 disadvantages to him ,hes not the type ofplayer that accepts sitting on the bench and y would he if we buy him and what kinda message it sends to lahm whos a starter for germany and lets say lahm play right and dede left then sagnol gonna suffer and cry about it every day in the press and the locker room and it will limit goerlitz chances of playing.

second disadvantage is hes brazilian ,i think next year or the year after they will be limiting the number of foreigners ,non eu players. we already got lucio,kuffour,micho,ze,pizza,santa cruz,guerero !!!

13. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany
    Pizarro, Santa Cruz and Demichelis have also eurpean passes, so they are not considered as foreigners. Kuffour even has a german pass.

14. mofo4life

mofo4life Member

May 25, 2004
    near munich

labber keinen Müll, Kuffour hat keinen deutschen Pass. ;)

Kuffour = no german passport

15. LordR

LordR Member

Jul 12, 2002
    Germany

May 13, 2004
    Saint Tropez

I think this is not true as well, he has been living in Germany for over 10 years.

17. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Oh come on guys, Lahm is one of the most exciting defenders and young players in the game today, why wouldn't you want him at your favorite club? I know I do. When he returns, rest assured, he will start every single game, whether its on the right, left or in the wings of midfield. He is effective in every one of those positions. Lahm is such an important player for Germany and German football that he just has to play for the biggest club.

Its what Bayern needs now anyways, an effective solid attacking and exciting defender who has proven himself already in his young career. Give him a chance first. Bayern would be stupid to give up on him.