Let's talk about AZ for a bit

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by AFCA, Nov 6, 2004.

1. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Anyone out there happen to see their match against AJ Auxerre? AZ were up 2-0 within 20 minutes. It could have been 3-0 if Landzaat hadn't hit the post in front of an open goal.

Auxerre wasn't able to create a single chance, and their coach actually said something along the lines of trying to control the damage for most of the match.

It was a truly outstanding performance by Co Adriaanse's boys. Fast paced, very attacking play... Auxerre were played off the park. I never expected this, I doubt anyone did. Afterall, they've been a reasonably big name in Euro football for quite some years now.

Seeing them beat PAOK Saloniki, feyenoord and Auxerre has got me wondering... will they be able to keep this up?

2. Forza AZ

Forza AZ New Member

Jun 26, 2003
    Alkmaar
    I was in the stadium off course. AZ played indeed very good. But I must also say Auxerre disappoint me a bit. I expected they would play better as they are the number 3 of France.

3. ArenaKing

ArenaKing New Member

Jul 19, 2004
    I could only wish ajax would play that well right now :(
    It was a great match indeed, i enjoyed watching it and i truly hope they will make it to the next round :)

4. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Hopefully they can keep it up. Would like to see them win the championship.

They've got a deeper squad this season, so they might be able to keep it up the 2nd half of the season as well. As opposed to last season, when as generally expected they lost their top spot (think they were #1 for a couple of weeks there)

5. A-J-A-X

A-J-A-X New Member

Jul 14, 2004
    South London, UK