Leslie Osbourne

Discussion in 'Boston Breakers' started by Andy Crossley, Oct 20, 2009.

1. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Welcome to Boston

hahahahahahahaha

For someone who posts a lot in the WPS forums and has professed to be a big fan of women's soccer (and the WPS specifically), you often lack basic (and very easily attained) knowledge of the league and players. Sometimes I wonder if you are a clever troll/windup merchant rather than a clueless poster. Other times I just guess that you are very young.

2. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm going to go with very young and clueless....

But let's see if we can ignore this person and get back on track with the thread...

Who will be the next player we "WELCOME TO BOSTON"?

Are we done with free agency? Are we waiting for the draft to make more moves? Because we do not really know anything about contracts ($$$ or length), the salary cap and various other league "secrets" it makes it tough to question whether our teams can continue in the free agency market....

There are still some decent names out there looking for a home...As Tony has stated before this years draft is very deep and we have a number of good picks...

Assuming that we hold on to that #2 pick....Who do the Breakers select?

I assume it would be one of the "Big Three" Who's your choice...Cheney, Heath or Nogueira? For my money, I take Tobin Heath (if she's still available)

I can assure you of one thing...I won't be giving whoever we select a Riptide scarf this season...

I gave two of my scarves away last season (Mitts & Rodriguez):eek:

3. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Well, you could decide to use your powers for the good of your team.... after a couple of games, figure out what player you don't want on the roster and give them a scarf ;)

As for the roster, did you sign Fabiana? If not, I'd say that should be done. Otherwise, is this pretty much what the roster looks like?

Fabiana ??
    Christine Latham
    Amy LePeilbet
    Kristine Lilly
    Allison Lipsher
    Mary-Frances Monroe
    Kasey Moore
    Jennifer Nobis
    Leslie Osborne
    Alex Scott
    Kelly Smith
    Erika Sutton
    Maggie Tomecka
    Tiffany Weimer

That's 14 players. Out of 18 (and then 4 developmental). And two first round draft picks, right? Which, if used properly, would bring the roster to 16. As for which player to choose. What is the biggest hole in the 14 player roster? Who can play left back? Who will be the other central defender w/ LePeilbet?

4. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

YOU are the one who is ignorant and clueless because we DON'T NEED to know the names of ALL the GMs on ALL the teams in WPS to be a fan!! GET REAL! Especially considering I'm not even in Boston!

I bet most WPS fans can't name all the GMs of the teams! You can go ahead and ignore and be a crybaby like Revs fan 1 because ignore lists are for losers who have nothing intelligent to say in response.

5. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yeah, Mike. Give one to Wells Thompson. :p

6. Tomahawk

Tomahawk Member

Mar 20, 2003
    Astral Plane

play nice, kids. Or I'll turn the car around...

7. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. DeigoRedD

DeigoRedD Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 28, 2004
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Mike - Your request has been tackled. :)

This game was the single best game Leslie had that I've seen. I was insanely impressed with how she shut Kelly down. I'm sure Kelly will be glad she's on her side of the ball now.

9. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Osborne was the hottest chick in that WPS commercial they always ran during WPS games during the year on FSC.

She's cuter in the face than Mitts and has longer legs but Mitts probably has the juicier body.

10. pressurecooker

Feb 22, 2009
    Boston
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Leslie Osbourne is on the cover of the Improper Bostonian this week. A Q&A with Osbourne and a 2/3rd page advertisement for the Breakers featuring Leslie as well. A hot pic of Alya Brown(sen. Brown's daughter) follows the Osbourne peice for an added bonus as well.

11. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

Heather who???

:D

12. wokeupfuzzy

wokeupfuzzy Member

Apr 24, 2010
    ^^ that Bourdain pic is sexy...

Anywho, via Osborne's twitter account:
    "My tweets are boring these days because I haven't been able to get around Boston with my infected leg. Spending some QT at Hospital! Wish me luck!!"

:eek: Infected leg?? How does this happen? Not likely that she'll play this weekend.

13. mskenny

mskenny Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Ashland, MA
    Club:
    Boston Breakers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope it's not like Osei's leg infection. He was out for many weeks.

14. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Her twitter account yesterday morning said:

It does seem like she had some sort of leg infection. My completely baseless speculation is that she got a cut/abrasion of some sort and nasty bacteria from the turf started chomping away. Regardless, infections that require hospitalization are nasty things and can go really bad really quickly. Glad she seems to have been given the "all clear."

15. REVS FAN 1

REVS FAN 1 Member

Jul 2, 2004
    Weymouth, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leslie Osborne: Boston Breakers’ model citizen

Q&A

On the atmosphere at Harvard Stadium:

The Brazilians that come and do [the drumming for the Breakers every game], that’s awesome, that goes a long way, having the Brazilians on our team, that’s just awesome. And then we have this fan group called the Riptide and they support us every game, they drive down to D.C. and Philly and up to New York.

We have our fans that come every single game and they create this environment where other teams don’t want to play. Like [a recent game], Hope Solo’s a goalkeeper on the other team, and was really upset because the fans did such a good job of kind of harassing and yelling that it took her out of her game.
    I mean, last year when I played here in Boston, I remember that feeling. But it’s cool to have such loyal fans that make the environment the way it is and the atmosphere, and want people to come back. Every person that I’ve met that’s gone to a game, they end up coming back because it’s such a great environment for them or their family or kids.

I couldn't possibly love this girl any more right now!!

:D

16. Mattymags811

Mattymags811 Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Attleboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Let's buy her a beer in New Britain, or something.

17. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    Drinking beer and being with Leslie Osborne in the bedroom, isn't such a bad fantasy.......... is it?

(blondes have all the fun)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Meinert6

Meinert6 New Member

Oct 22, 2006
    RI
    According to Andy's twitter, she's out for the season. She's going to be tough to replace.

19. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    d@mn. she just can not catch a break injury wise. she seemed to be back fully from the ankle/acl surgeries (not unusual to take a full season of play for that). and then the leg infection & now the shoulder.

Heal quickly, Leslie Osborne.

20. socfandan

socfandan Member

Jul 30, 2000
    Eastern Mass
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. kolabear

kolabear Member+

Nov 10, 2006
    los angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bummer all the way. Means she's out for the World Cup qualifying tournament as well.

22. kittenbiscuits

kittenbiscuits New Member

May 8, 2010
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was hoping htat she was going to get a NT call back soon too.

Here's hoping she has a speedy recovery, get well soon!

23. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Leslie made such a difference on the field after she came back from her leg injury.

I am really sorry to hear this and hope she knows how much the fans love and appreciate her.

Best wishes to Leslie for a speedy recovery and hope you keep the team motivated from the bench!

24. sjsocrfan

sjsocrfan New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Club:
    FC Gold Pride
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So bummed to hear about Leslie. And, to make it worse, on FSC it looked like a cheap shot borne out of frustration. I can't believe it was only a yellow card. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

25. Hope Solo Fan Belgiu

Oct 2, 2007
    Bud what is wrong with her leg?
    I cant find any recent post that says what happend