Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It makes a change to know Jones is actually prepared to push her players to strive for better, instead of simply being content with Neid's everything's fine level of mediocrity lol.

I think established players like Laudehr are going to look great moving back into their best positions, but now competing with a whole bunch of other players previously ignored by the previous coaching team.

But after the next match vs Hungary, Jones really has to get to work on identifying a genuine LB, a secondary DM pivot option, and at least 3 new CB options that can all deal with the intricacies of playing quick and accurate football from the back.

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Do you think Laudehr will fair well? well ok, but Im afraid we will be surprised as always some will fall through under a new regime cause they dont fit in the system or dont bring the right assets. E.g. Mittag could be dropped, perhaps even Goeßling

3. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm pretty much sure Goessling is a shoo in to be starter at DM. Maybe Leupolz might be the secondary option. But Jones will still be experimenting with others as well. It's at CB where she got to find some newbie's.

4. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So when is the game tonight? o.o it will be an interesting game for sure

5. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well that is the thing. We think she would be a certain starter but then again there is always some players not surviving a new system. It doesnt have to be her, but a player like her

7. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    So will there be a livestream on sportschau.de then?

8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    okey thanks :)

ahh too bad it's only available in germany
    I guess I can see the game later tho

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Yuck.... It's basically the same garbage line up that ended the game vs Russia...:(

Demann was awful as a DM vs Russia, and Mittag was sloppy trying to play at #10, but Jones starts them both vs Hungary lol.

11. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Like others have said, right now Goeßling's got no competition for that important DM pivot role, so she'll be starting until that changes; and Laudehr playing in a CM role is prefect for this team, as she's technically strong, still quick, and can do everything you'd need in a genuine all round box to box mid-fielder.

In the forwards roles, I can see Mittag probably struggling to start once the other established names return, but outside of the forwards, the defense is the only place where any established names still exist and need to be removed to reebot everything from the Neid era.

At least two real LB's need to come in, with another 4 CB's, and a new DM option, with a possible GK switch too, meaning a lot still needs to be done here.

12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And I said, a player "like" Goeßling or Mittag. dammit

13. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    the problem is the Raute, players arent used to that anymore

15. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LOL, sorry, didn't see your follow up post... OK, I don't think there's another player like Goeßling in this national team with the same kind of value she holds right now; so no, I'm finding it hard to see another name like Goeßling falling out of Jones national team in the near future.

As senior players, Mittag's going to be a second choice option, Laudehr's just too damn good, with Peter - Henning clearly being on the verge of elimination. And there's no shocks with any of this though, as we all know there's better FW options than Mittag, better CB options than Peter and Henning, with Laudehr being Germany's most consistent performer no matter where she was deployed during the worst time with Neid.

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Possible, Goeßling-like dropouts:

Mittag,
    Leupolz(!)
    Kerschovski
    Schmidt
    Lotzen
    Islacker

We can debate whether or not they're on par with Goeßling

17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #117 Batfink, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Say what...o_O second rate options like Kerschowski, Islacker on par with Germany's ONLY and current DM option..? LOL Mittag's good but we all know she's got a huge task to become a regular on this new look team, Leupolz's is going to be perfectly fine, Lotzen simply needs to get healthy, with Schmidt just finding some sort of form again after years of injury related stagnation.

So now 30, having loads of high level experience, playing in a position vital to the style Jones hopes to see her team using effectively at the Euro's, to me the idea of Goeßling randomly being tossed aside would be like Jones deciding she didn't want Marozsan, Däbritz, or Popp.

The current limited CB and LB options stink, so there's no established player's in those positions to miss when they finally get replaced. CM never had any established names under Neid, and now seems to have plenty of options try out. With the FW options basically being a period of selecting various misfits too.

I mean Neid left the national team in such a mess, the entire national team player pool is a rebuilding effort for Jones, with only a few names (maybe 4 max) being individuals she knows to be proven elite level talents for key roles in her potential Euro's starting 11.

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #118 Batfink, Sep 20, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
    Maier - Goeßling - Däbritz - and one between Popp or Marozsan... To me that's all Jones currently has a first choice options in this team.

That's what a decade of unprecedented youth level success looks like after a decade of Silvia Neid being in charge...:speechless:

19. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    meh, what a waste of time. C squad cant seem to create chances vs Hungary, who care?

I am actually not sure about Leupolz, she hasnt made the progress like Däbrutz e.g. and in her position CM there are better alternatives at hand

20. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The starting line up said it all really... as it had all the worst elements of the game vs Russia, but also removed all the positives at the same time, meaning without having seen the low-lights yet, this kind of result really doesn't shock me.

Peter - Henning - Demann trying to set the tempo of the team from the back....:thumbsdown:, with a awkward Mittag in the #10 role trying to orchestrate the attack...:confused:
    Däbritz made huge improvements to her overall game during the past 12 months, but between her and Leupolz I'd argue Däbritz was always the player with the bigger potential anyway, and is probably just beginning to showcase that after Leupolz's initial shock assent to league and national team recognition so soon in to her career.

21. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This was a bad game, it shows that there's quite a lot of work to be done by Jones as there simply was no chemistry in there.
    Felt bad for the debutants, particularly Kayicki, don't think she'll ever get a chance again to start. But I was surprised that Kenme couldn't take charge of this game(like she did in Potsdam's last match).
    Mixed review on Klassen, she tried to get envolved, but it's hard as nobody could figure out when the next pass is being made.
    The only one that had a good game was Blase, but considering the conpetition, it's not saying much.
    This would of been a good time to try out new CB 's. It would be a disaster to keep going on with Hennning & Peter. If only JoJo Elsig was given a chance, she would of taken more of a command and taken the game to the end

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Only seen the 1st half so far, but what I think happened here is a mixture of why Neid's later teams struggled so much trying to play out from the back, mixed with the new regimes foresight to actually try and introduce more names to the player pool, while their also still putting in the initial work of an improved tactical approach.

I mean compared to the 1st half of the match vs Russia, the 1st half spaces between the defense and the mid-field vs Hungary are huge, forcing Peter and Henning to try and set Germany's tempo aka the tempo to the match, as a completely useless Demann constantly removed her self from taking any of the deep lying play-making responsibility we previously saw from Goeßling vs Russia.

So like you've noticed, this means you see the same sloppy and slow ball movement from the back found in Neid's time, allowing Hungary plenty of time to get behind the ball, and simply wait for either one of Germany's CB's to play the kind of obvious forward passes that canbe easily intercept before it ever reaches dangerous/mobile FW's.

I'll watch the second half to discuss other points and concerns, but the simple fact Jones is actually resting players, trying new players, and doing this with a clear manifesto of actually making the national team better, offsets much of the negativity witnessed in the 2nd half vs Russia, or what I've seen so far vs Hungary.

24. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hard to criticize any of the forwards in this game, as the rest of the team meant to supply them the ball was completely inept for most of the game, so I wouldn't be so quick to think Kayikci won't get another opportunity to showcase what she can do for the team.

Plus I'm not sure what you were seeing in Kemme's last performance for Potsdam, but she was clearly playing as a FW vs Frankfurt, actually playing ahead of Huth in Potsdam attack... meaning it had very little to do with the CM role she was tasked with vs Hungary.; and yes, she was awful in that CM vs Hungary too lol.
    LOL, I thought Blässe playing at LB stunk... having a first touch like a brick wall, and a left foot that must see her suffer phantom constant pain with it's general lack of use...:rolleyes:

It didn't matter anyway, as the way this team is set up to operate under Jones, no longer prioritizes individual play forcing both FB to recklessly run into the attack, meaning the offensive limitations of both Blässe and Klasen meant very little to the overall lackluster nature to this match.
    Yes, thinking about key issues left over from Neid's reign, new upgrades in the CB positions, and one or two credible LB's is a must now; but seeing the truly pointless performance of Demann in the DM/libero position, I feel serious competition for Goeßling is also a must fix situation.

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    shaky performance by the U17s today but always good to see Gwinn, Bühl and newbie Oberdorf out there