Lekker Strand und lekker Meisje, lekker Vakantie: Euro 2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Germany Mädels: NT and Frauen-Bundesliga' started by White/Blue_since1860, Aug 24, 2016.

?

9th Euro win?

1. Yes!

2. Si!

3. Oui!

4. Ja!

5. SCHLAAAAAAND!!!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Bazi

Bazi Member+

Jan 15, 2009
    Wuerzburg (Germany)
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany

I obviously wish her the very best but it is still mindboggling to give such a huge job to a woman with no major coaching experience.

The decision appears to be based on the debunked old theory that former top players are automatically more qualified to become good managers. Men's football has shown this to be quite false over the last two decades. Football associations unfortunately seem to change their opinions even slower than clubs...

Well let's hope she's can prove all doubters wrong.

2. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #27 Batfink, Aug 27, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2016
    @Thomsen Even with her injured until who knows when, I always thought Wensing was the leader of the new school; but leaving her out for now, and factoring in whoever's chosen as captain will be a regular starter, I'd also look at Laudehr, Popp, or maybe Goeßling, as possible captains of this side.

The nonsense of having Sasic and Bartusiak being given the captaincy was a negative sign of the extended stay of Silvia Neid, but simply going on who's been the national teams most consistently good player since her debut, it would be hard not to pick Laudehr right now, no?

Remember that at the age of 25 Popp just had her first tournament, in her best position, as a starter for senior level Germany...:speechless:. Still showcasing individual quality from time to time, Goeßling's never looked like having the same influence on a game without Keßler being next to her.

So of course the coaches could pick somebody else they see as a regular starter, but to me on this subject it's Laudehr's name who sticks out from the rest of the pack.

3. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    She seems more of a figurehead than a actual coach. It's already clear other people were brought along to be running the important stuff related to the field.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I know this could be the reasoning as well but if you ask me I dont think they are that deluded at DFB to expect Jones to turn out a decent coach the way you mentioned. That is because she was given two cos and they're more or less tested experts. The problem for DFB is one is there isnt many candidates around. But DFB wants to cover themselves in glory and progressiveness so that Jones as former manager is ought to be something like the new face of women's department. You know, like the die Mannschaft nonsense nothing but a marketing stunt. Can you imagine the media echo if Högner(a man!!!!) or Hagedorn (who the ******** is that?) had been given the job? She is a figurehead, and she had a big career in the women's game.

Perhaps they made a deal that this is just for transition and so DFB can give either Högner or Hagedorn the job afterwards like it is tradition there to give the former assi the job.

Bazi repped this.
  5. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Remember to save some of your tirades later on when FIFA makes Neid coach of the year! LOL

Even though I haven't been a fan of Neid, got to give her credit for winning this one. Everything was in the right place; a very tough group that mentally & physically prepared them for the elimination rounds. A team that didn't suffer the injuries as some previous tournies(again, Laudher was easily replaceable by Leupolz) and incredibly, bringing in a fresh Goessling in the later stages might of been the saving grace in winning some of those games.

Now look back at last year's WC, even though you might of felt it was a way more important tourney, it didn't really bode well for Germany coming into it; the unexpected pregnancy of Alushi, as well Kessler NOT returning & Maro only playing at about 50 percent. Plus two ridiculous easy group opponents left Neid with no solid o game plan going into the play off round.

And here at least; Popp might of not been the top scorer but she scarred the jeepers out of opposing defenses, as compared to the inconsistent Sasic of last year.

England should be intersting at Euro 2017. Sampson has used up to 30 players so far in his qualifying campaign, plus has build a B team residency program. Can Jones counter that?

Notice you did pick my fav, JoJo Elsig, as possible NT selection. But no love for Dallmann & Simic???

6. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    can someone just tell me a little bit about the 2003-2007 German players like Hingst, Bresonik, Smisek, Müller, Lingor, Stegemann.... just curious who they are because i haven't followed women's football for that long

obviously i know who Prinz, Grings and Garefrekes are but yeah tell me a little bit more of the previous German squad

7. Cris 09

Cris 09 Trololololo

Nov 30, 2004
    Westfalenstadion
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They are married and in the kitchen cooking dinner.

Batfink and P to the Wee repped this.
  8. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  9. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Meh, we all know it's what they have to do, so I can't complain about that; however... I'll continue to give Neid zero credit on topics of her ever building anything resembling a great team during her tenure as national coach, persisting with a kaleidoscope of unfixed issues for years, in such a way it's only now in the final run of her latest deceiving act of Olympic gold, we truly see the major holes and questions that will need to be corked and answered, by a new female figurehead and her untested behind the scenes think tank.

A second consecutive WWC win (using the spine of another coaches team) was impressive, continuing the Euro success story was great too, but a surprise Olympic 1st place finish can never make up for the two truly underwhelming WC performances of Silvia Neid, and especially when both of them came with a clear regression of style/tactics, at a time it was clearly more necessary to start building another great/good team for a new coach to eventually take forward.

Of course losing the likes of Kulig and Keßler over the past 5 year run is no joke either, but when you know the youth teams most successful era, has resulted in the grooming of the nations best up and coming talent remaining generally poor, it's hard not to be skeptical about the almost patronizing level of praise lavished on a coach, who's regressed a historically (relatively) attractive footballing side, towards that of a collective grinding dogs of war scenario.

Yes, the current trends of female international football, aren't exactly overflowing with the kind of quality you'd hope/expect to see showcased at the most elite levels of the game right now, but Germany just went into a tournament where it didn't have a clear game plan, lacked a mid-field, where both scoring and conceding goals was a major concern lol.... and they won...:confused::ROFLMAO::speechless:

10. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Elsig is one of a few improved CB options, but I mainly singled her out, because she's a good example of a name who's been unfairly overlooked by a previous national coach, clearly unwilling to take an improved domestic club/league scene seriously.

With Högner now being part of the national team, Dallmann now has a great rabbi looking over her too, and should therefore expect a call up if she can maintain good form next season, but she's still got a tough road ahead if a regular senior team place and the Euro's squad is her end goal.

Plus even if Simic is near enough guaranteed to be picked again for the national team, I saw her get completely outmaneuvered by Magull when facing Freiburg last season, which says everything about the true competition for places that will back if Jones is serious about all the things she's been saying.

11. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    All you need to know summed up in 1 game

12. P to the Wee

P to the Wee Red Card

Nov 22, 2011
    Susan is a Little Lamb
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This game was a beauty

13. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dallmann had a phenom 2013-14 season with 7 goals, 6 assists while leading her team to the Cup finals. Her stats have faltered a bit since then, but word has it that she neede to accept a contracted from one of the big 3(Frankfurt offered her one) to advance her career. Got the feeling she don't got a full time salary from Essen, and dwells in body building which isn't very good to add too much upper muscle in soccer as it surely slows you down. But she played really well in the only game that the dfb website streamed last season(a win over Frankfurt)

Simic is a scrappy player who would make an excellent spark plug late in a game. She sort of an maverick though(something the disciplinarian, Neid, might frown upon). At 26, she's probably becoming an old maid(lol) to make the NT. I read that she got an offer from Croatia to play for theirs. Wish she would accept it, as I got the feeling her playtime will be limited an on the over crowded Wolfburg this upcoming season

14. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Dallmann also had a generally poor U-20 showing, which probably made it easier for Neid to ignore any kind of momentum for her possible national team recognition.

Plus your probably right in thinking her development stalled by remaining in Essen too, but it could just be that she's a late developer, so....:unsure:
    Simic was called up to the national team twice under Neid, and both times had to pull out of the squads due to injury, probably making her more unlucky with the wnt, than simply disliked.

Anyway, all she has to do is look back at the long road of Goeßling and Keßler's time under Neid to know there's still a possible light at the end of the tunnel. I mean just look at Popp lol.... best scoring rate in any U-20 WWC, and at the age of 25 finally plays as a #9 in her first senior competition only a few weeks ago...:speechless:

hotjam2 repped this.
  15. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    nice... except for just 5 defenders? who needs a defense?

[​IMG]

Batfink repped this.
  17. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I wouldn't worry too much... remember, you need to think of these first few initial squads as the safe mode rebooting process of the senior team lol.

Of course, like you I'd expect to see a completely different defense come the Euro's, but looking at the random/new mid-field and attacking choices, I'm thinking Jones and her back room staff want to address Germany's more pressing issues; you know, like increasing the mid-field player pool, and fixing the previous limp dick attacking options.

The defense is a pretty simple thing to fix, and that's clear from this squad selection the coaches know this, and are content to deal with all that later/when it's more vital to do so.

White/Blue_since1860 repped this.
  18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ive seen rauch has become Turbines captain so she might be a solution for LB and as insinuated Kemme could become CB or RB. he really has stepped up and I liked her vs England. And yes, I bet the whole midfield play will instanly look better again. Faißt is back. And it is more than just the usual 20 CMs in squad this time around. I know it is just the reserves but this doesnt look as bas as youd expect and you wonder why half of those players didnt get more playing time before

19. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #44 Batfink, Sep 6, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    Really... Rauch captains Potsdam's senior team...:unsure:. I know she's surprised me in her recent surge of post the U-20 WC development, but captaining Potsdam ahead of Wälti, or Kemme right now, is pretty crazy lol.

Plus seeing how Klasen and Blässe are now in the latest squad, it also suggests they'll be two names competing for a RB position? So even if Kemme is still impressing for Potsdam in a CM role, maybe the new national team staff want to see her continue at LB for now...:cautious:, as another impressive left footed option like Simon lurks in the background ready to take her national team opportunity.
    Yeah, if they left out Henning - Peter - Mittag - Goeßling, the obvious nature of this squad being the first round of a series of major changes would be so clear, it would almost be an shaming indictment of Neid's final years overseeing this team.

I still believe at least six players from the Olympic team will miss out on the Euro's, and it's going to be interesting how club form will genuinely effect how large this new national team player pool becomes. Some players are going to need a lot of luck/favoritism to remain in this team if club form finally gains relevance.

See, you know it's a new day when the national coach says she actually spoken to the clubs about allowing certain players to rest, missing national team games...o_O; how some of these girls could have used that in Neid's f*ck the demands of club football era lol.

20. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Finally Dallmann! This is great news, liking Jones all ready. Though let's hope she just didn't pick Kayikci & Klassen because they had fantastic goals in their season opener, lol.
    But I think it's showing that Jones wants to match up with what she considers potentially her main rival in Sampson's England, and that Sampson used 30 players in Euro qualifiers all ready.
    Probably not in the first game against Russia, but hopefully the newbies grr a chance four days later against Hungary.
    Next month, Jones got some interesting friendlies vs Norway & Netherlands. Well there's two Norway teams out there; one that's got Caroline Graham Hansen, and one that doesn't! The former is by far more dangerous.
    Netherlands plays that same; long balls from the back, to their speedy forwards, for lightning counter attacks, which is pretty much the formula that Australia uses( and we saw how much trouble Neid had defending that). Last year the Dutch had impressive, friendly wins against France & Japan, and van Zantern has proven to be a suitable replacement for the surprising retirement of Melis

21. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hmmmm, and when exactly did Sampson lead England towards becoming Germany's "main rival" within European competition...?

Anyway, besides your shocking piece of information concerning a power shift in Europe..:rolleyes:, I think Germany's new look coaching department wanting to increase the senior teams player pool, has far more to do with them understanding the legitimacy of the DFB running a strong league competition, than simply wanting to follow what rivals with smaller player pools have to do in order to compete at the top.

It's like I've said before, Germany's wnt program has just seen a decade with it's most impressive period of youth development, resulting in it's senior wnt having one of it's smallest ever player pools to pick from...o_O; lol, you don't produce a decade of consistently qualifying for U-17 WC's from a highly competitive UEFA zone, reaching the last three consecutive U-20 WC finals, to finally end up with the kind of rebuilding job Neid has left behind for Jones.

Remember, most nations have one (or if their lucky two) good generation to build everything around, but Neid just spent a solid decade in charge of a national team, to where it was eventually surviving on the drip feed of it's 2003 WC sides wining mentality, and a new crop of youth talent that emerged around 2004-06.

The generation Kulig was meant to lead is just making it's self know now, with Maier for me being the only name I'd consider 100% respected/trusted for consistently playing well, within a defined role she's clearly shown her self to be first choice...:speechless:

22. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    (30 September-21 October 2016) Jordan FIFA U-17 WWC Squad announced....

Goal:
    Leonie Doege (Bayer 04 Leverkusen), Lisa Klostermann (FSV Gevelsberg), Janina Leitzig (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

Defence: Anna Hausdorff (Eintracht Bamberg), Sophia Kleinherne (TSV Gütersloh 2009), Sarai Linder (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Tanja Pawollek (1. FFC Frankfurt), Caroline Siems (1. FFC Turbine Potsdam), Meret Wittje (VfL Wolfsburg)

Mid-field: Giulia Gwinn (SC Freiburg), Kristin Kögel (VfL Sindelfingen), Sydney Lohmann (FC Bayern München), Janina Minge (SC Freiburg), Marie Müller (SC Freiburg), Lena Sophie Oberdorf (TSG Sprockhövel), Lisa Schöppl (VfL Wolfsburg), Vanessa Ziegler (SC Freiburg)

Striker: Klara Bühl (SC Freiburg), Annalena Rieke (FF USV Jena), Anna-Lena Stolze (VfL Wolfsburg), Verena Wieder (FC Bayern München)

On call: Nicole Ayomi (SGS Essen), Gina-Maria Chmielinski (1. FFC Turbine Potsdam), Noemi Gentile (SC Freiburg), Janina Hechler (1. FFC Frankfurt), Jessica May (1. FFC Frankfurt), Lea Paulick (1. FC Nürnberg), Sophie Riepl (FC Bayern München), Fatma Sakar (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim), Charlotte Voll (TSG 1899 Hoffenheim)

A lot of people seem to enjoy dismissing Germany at this stage of youth football, but even with all the good work that's previously gone unnoticed, I genuinely believe this is the first squad since Anouschka Bernhard took charge that has clearly been designed to do way more than simply provide a smooth educational pathway towards the U-19's.

23. Thomsen

Thomsen Member+

Aug 6, 2016
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Is it possible that Alushi can be ready for the next euros
    i miss her

24. hotjam2

hotjam2 Member+

Nov 23, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly who would be Germany's main rival at the Euros? France could be, but they stubbornly hold on to the old guard despite three successive failures in tournament play. Once they wise up, and start bringing up their young players from their successful youth squad, they definitely be a lot more scary. But that's probably going to be more likely at the 2019.
    To be sure, their be lot of worthy challengers with Sweden, Iceland, Netherlands, Spain, Denmark, Norway being also top contenders.
    But I just feel Sampson has done the most to improve with bringing in so many new players into the fold, and also being somewhat unpredictable with switching tactics & lineups from game to game.
    But don't get me wrong, by virtual off having the best pro league in the world, Germany should be the favorites. It's really up to the NT coach to take advantage of that

25. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I dont.

Norway with their young guard coming up and perhaps England and Spain.