Leixões Sport Club Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Liga Vitalis Clubs' started by Frank Cunha, Jun 14, 2005.

1. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    Could be a tough game for Leixões this Sunday against E. Amadora. Two thirds of the regularly starting midfield are out due to an accumulation of yellow cards: Roberto Souza and Hugo Morias. Central defender Joel is also not training due to a leg injury and is uncertain for the game. I guess we'll see if the bench players can step up.

2. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    I haven't heard any announcements of any Leixões players being sold yet. I guess it's early. I'm hoping no more than Wesley will leave until the summer.

3. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They are dropping points.

4. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    You're right. They haven't won in Liga play since Nov. 21, 2008. Three ties and a loss since then. I guess it was bound to happen. But even with this stretch, they are only 2 points out of first place. Against Academica, 8 of the starters were Portuguese. I'm pulling for them every week.

5. jun misugi

jun misugi New Member

Jan 20, 2009
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Where can i buy Leixoes jersey ?

I couldn't find it on the official website ?:(

thanks

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Try the BigSoccer store

7. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Why do you want one?

8. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    anyone tell me much about Paolo Alexandre? Is he impressing at Leixoes? Interesting a few overseas clubs including my team Newcastle apparently

--

Fernando Alexandre has emerged as a target for Newcastle United.

The Portuguese midfielder is currently plying his trade for Leixoes - who are struggling at the wrong end of Portugal's top-flight.

But 24-year-old Alexandre, who started his career with Benfica, has impressed in their midfield and he is now attracting attention from Newcastle.

Alexandre is actually owned by high-flying Braga, who he joined last summer - but after just one appearance he moved to Leixoes on transfer deadline day.

Now the player's agent has confirmed that he is in talks with Braga about the interest from England.

"I am have a meeting with Braga and the function of it will be to advance this subject," said Paulo Barbosa.

The player himself admits he would thrive on the chance of moving to England and would love the chance to play in the Premier League, something which Newcastle would more than likely be able to offer him next season.

"If the offer is positive for everyone, then I would be diposed to take up the challenge," said Alexandre to Ojogo.

"To play in the Premier League would be an incredible experience.

"But at the moment I am fighting hard for Leixoes - but it is always good clubs such as Newcastle are looking at you, it is flattering.

"My agent is handling things, but nothing is finalised as I still have three years on my contract at Braga."

It is reported in Portugal that they would be looking for at least €2million for Alexandre.

9. robledo

robledo Member

Dec 5, 2000
    Seoul /Tokyo / U.K
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I meant Fernando Alexandre :D

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well they were able to stay up too long where they. Management shouldn't have sold all their players so quickly...

11. castanha

castanha New Member

Aug 5, 2004
    They had some good players who moved on, but didn't amount to much. Like Bruno China and Jorge Goncalves.

12. CDPontaDelgada

CDPontaDelgada Member+

CD Santa Clara
    Aug 15, 2012
    Ponta Delgada PT
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    They play Benfica in the Taça de Portugal.

13. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    tough match up.