Leitch was toblame for the 3rd goal not Parke

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by kentuncel, Jun 28, 2005.

1. kentuncel

kentuncel New Member

Apr 25, 2005
    What was Leitch thinking, he's yelling at the NE player because he thought the guy took a dive. The ball was still in play and he didnt have the brains to help Parke by giving him a passing target,,,, be professional play the whistle

2. MetroSexual

MetroSexual New Member

May 23, 2005
    PA
    Yes, the more I see of it I think it is kinda silly for Leitch to stop completely and scream at Dempsey while he is on the ground. All this time no whistle. And Parke is just as much to blame because he completely stops playing also thinking that there should be a whistle. Ralston then scores the 3rd goal. Both of them share the blame.

3. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He may have been wrong, but Parke never looked for anyone to pass to until it was too late

4. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    Nope, sorry, Parke is getting the entire blame. He doesn't have to stop there assuming the whistle is going to be blown by the Ref. He doesn't have to stop and look at Leitch yelling at Dempsey who tried to take a dive. If that player has the ball, he should continue to play the ball. regardless of what his teammate is or isn't doing.

Did Parke hear the whistle blow? No.

Then he should have continued to play the ball and either look to pass it back to Wells or to clear the area and send it towards midfield.

Is Leitch a bone head for yelling at Dempsey? Yes. But Leitch doesn't have the ball, Parke does. And then all of a sudden, Brain Fart.

5. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    Leitch sucks, sign Suarez
    or alteast bring DiGi back

6. NYfutbolfan

NYfutbolfan Member

Dec 17, 2000
    LI, NY
    If what you say had any truth to it, I doubt he would be playing every minute of every game. Leitch made a mistake, period.

7. regulator

regulator Member

Apr 25, 2004
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ::shudders::

8. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    They both screwed up. If you watch the replay when Leitch started screaming Parke looked back at him and that is when Ralston toe poked the ball away. Parke is ultimately responsible but Leitch should have fired out to the sideline and given him a passing option. You don't stop playing unless you hear a whistle.

9. HotAssAlex

HotAssAlex New Member

Jan 20, 2004
    Staten Island, NY
    that a great idea of what the play off's going to be like. Veteran Ralston punished our irresponsible diffense for their rookie mistake. Even though Lietch is being called a veteran all the time.....doesnt look like one to me

10. DJNaco

DJNaco New Member

Jun 23, 1999
    North Florida
    Leitch = .1% to blame
    Parke = 99.9% to blame

11. j1mbr0wn

j1mbr0wn Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Newark, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Geez, and I thought this was a team sport.

I cannot buy that a single incident cost us the game. Or two incidents. Or even three. Our defense was superb for much of the game, then fell apart as a team. Anyone who's played team sports knows how addictive choking can be to a team. This happens when you let emotions run away. The team gets frustrated, frustration causes errors, the team looses it. Mo understood this when he was pointing to his head after the SGR goal. We were beat mentally first (by Heaps of all people!), then the goals started piling up...

12. Jman81

Jman81 New Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Jersey City, NJ
    Since when do you need a player open to blast the ball ANYWHERE!!! Hell, even if he had blasted the ball out and given NE a corner it would have been better. Then again, doing anything other than what he did would have been better. No doubt leitch is a moron, and should have been repremanded for his boneheaded behavior, but he wasn't the one who gifted the ball to NE.