Leeds say Keane can go

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Motterman, Aug 27, 2002.

1. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leeds have come out and said that Robbie Keane can leave Leeds if the price is right. Anybody's thoughts on whether you'd like to see him at Old Trafford?

2. TexanSoccer06

TexanSoccer06 New Member

We don't have the funds to buy him, so its basically a pipe dream.

3. Manifesto

Manifesto New Member

Jun 19, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Whoever gets him though, is getting a quality player.....I really couldn't believe he was insisting on wasting away on the Leeds bench for so long there.

4. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Dunno about his real quality, though. He has certainly scored some big goals, but he has never really been the prolific, consistent scorer that you need a player like him to be.

5. Soccerholic

Soccerholic New Member

Mar 6, 2001
    Mile High
    Well, Spurs got him. He should get the opportunity to be their top striker. We'll see if he fulfills his huge potential.

6. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Yea, why sign Keane when you have a consistent striker like Forlan?? :rolleyes:

7. Coryattheplex

Coryattheplex New Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Ft Wayne, Indiana
    Nice try scouser, we don't have to worry about Diego, but you most certainly need to worry about Ruud, and Ole. Besides, you just proved my point exactly, why would united want him when we already have his Uraguayan long lost twin?

8. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Ha ha...well, the last two seasons against you is 5 matches to none, with a scoreline of 9-2.

Enough said, I think.