Leeds are top

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by Cruickinator, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    Leeds are top! Horray so what if they've only played 2.

2. MUFCSucks

MUFCSucks Red Card

Aug 6, 2002
    I bet you wish the season was ended now!

lol its uefa for you my son!

3. Cruickinator

Cruickinator New Member

Jan 14, 2002
    Nottingham
    or we need to do is stay there for another 36 games shouldn't be that hard. Cough. But unless an English team wins the champions league which I doubt. Your'e probaly right.

4. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what a cracking goal from Bow.

Keane got goal of the week last week, Bow gets it this week. Super Leeds!

Top o the League.

5. counterattack

counterattack New Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Screw Leeds and Screw the EPL
    Oh, I am sorry,
    The BarclayCard EPL

By the way read the Keene book when it comes out.
    Its everything there is to hate about the EPL in one place.

6. DAKCrew

DAKCrew New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    The back flick from Kewell was super nice.

7. DAKCrew

DAKCrew New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    What has Alan Smith done in his career to get so many starts over Robbie Keane? Don't get me wrong, I think Smithy is a great player but I think Robbie is a better player. I read somewhere, I think www.football365.com that Keane is thinking about quitting. I say start Robbie, but what do I know, I'm only an American.

8. Mustang2000

Mustang2000 New Member

Sep 2, 2000
    Kent, England
    Smith is better than you think, just like Fowler is better than lots of people give him credit for.

9. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Smith will never leave Leeds. He's a local boy and is adored by the supporters. Smith has been a Leeds supporter his whole life.

has bags of energy and will fight for every ball. He was my MOTM against WBA as well. What a class player.

10. BerwynBlazers

BerwynBlazers Member

Jul 23, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Plus, who would model the kits for Leeds United?
    [​IMG]

11. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

me! I can also model guinness

12. DAKCrew

DAKCrew New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Columbus, OH
    I think Smith is a great player but why not at least give a couple of starts to Robbie and see how they do.

13. italia_in_02

italia_in_02 New Member

Jul 24, 2001
    NJ

Is there anyplace where I would be able to see a video of bower's shot? Besides on TV....I don't have a dish or anything.

14. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Not worth bothering about really, Kewell stepped on the ball and it came out behind him and luckily it went to the thug sorry Bowyer. He gave a sort of scoop shot and despite that it went in over the goalie.
    Even a blind pig roots up an acorn now and then :)

15. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IMO neither Smith nor Keane are better than Fowler.

16. Mustang2000

Mustang2000 New Member

Sep 2, 2000
    Kent, England
    I think your right. Didn't he have some sort of a record in the EPL? I think it was the fastest hat-trick or something like that. I don't know if it still stands though, all I can remember is that it was against Arsenal.

17. kygunner

kygunner New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Winchester KY USA
    Kudos to Leeds! Ive been impressed with their play especially offensively. One noticeable difference is that they seem to play the ball instead of the man. Now if they could give some Xanax to Smith they might stay in the top.

18. usa1950

usa1950 Member

Aug 18, 2000
    Indiana USA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes he does. He scored a hat-trick against Arsenal in a mere 4 minutes and 33 seconds. A record that I say will not be broken.

And this was scored against David Seaman, Tony Adams, and the famous Arsenal back line.

It was 1995, I think. Fowler went on to score 100 goals for Liverpool in just 167 matches. Faster than Rush, faster than Owen, faster than Ole Gunnar got his 100 for United.

His Anfield debut was also record setting. FIVE goals for the 18 year old in a cup tie vs. Fulham. He then was injured for Euro 96 and France 98. He was Michael Owen (an extremely dangerous young player) before Michael Was. On my "Fowler's Hot 100" video, the announcers repeatedly call him "the boy Wonder."

I discovered the EPL around the time Fowler set this record, and the genius that was a young Robbie Fowler was the #1 reason that I became a Liverpool supporter. Fantastic stuff in his first 100.

He's the best first or second touch finisher I've ever seen, and I'm old enough to have gone to NASL games when I was a kid.

19. Motterman

Motterman Member

Jul 8, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leeds are not top

:)

20. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    How about them mackems.....oops, wrong header...he he he he he he

21. MikeyM

MikeyM New Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Frisco, TX.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Someone forgot to get the message to Jason McAteer & Sunderland. It appears the Gooners are top.

22. Random

Random New Member

May 20, 2002
    N4 again
    That bloody Robbie Fowler...

I used to dread playing Liverpool, largely because that beggar Fowler always seemed to score against us.

I was delighted when he went to Leeds, and what do you know, we at last win at Anfield, and knock Liverpool out of the Cup.

Of course, he then scored when we went to Elland Road.

He seems to have gone right off the boil though, and I don't know why. Thought the Leeds move might wake him up again, but it seems not. Any Fowler-followers have an idea why?

23. irishFS1921

irishFS1921 New Member

Aug 2, 2002
    WB05 Compound
    no more keane for you it appears lads... good luck with that :)

24. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: That bloody Robbie Fowler...

Fowler is an Arsenal killer, much like Owen is to Newcastle. 2 hat-tricks, maybe three. At one point he was, I think, at 12 goals in 10 games against them (possible vice-versa).

I don't know what's gotten Robbie these days. Clearly English club's defenses are becoming more European, thus having much more tighter marking, and that would certainly have something to do with it.
    I would love to see him regain his old form. If you watch the Fowler Hot 100 video, you will be absolutely blown away. Incredible accuracy, making goals out of nothing, scoring at the right moments, everything every team in the world wants out of a striker. He does it and makes it look it effortless.

He's my footballing hero.

25. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Leeds are definately NOT on top....!!!!:)