Lee YP at Tottenham 2007-2008 [r] Part 2

Discussion in 'Korea' started by yimmy, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Spurs lost 6-5 on penalties. Chimbonda missed his penalty by a mile (or so I've read) and knocked spurs out of the uefa cup. I wonder how chimbonda will be received by the spurs fans when he goes back to london.

2. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At the very least he better be lit up the way Lee YP was last season... and that was unfairly placed blame for missing out on a CL spot.

3. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    At this point I'm just glad he got some game action. F Spurs.

4. johlee991

johlee991 Member

Aug 4, 2007
    The Woodlands, TX
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    Agree,
    F Spurs. They play shit and blame lee. Scapegoat.
    Wipey should go somewhere he is appreciated.

6. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Wow, what a bad miss. It almost looks like his cleats got caught on the turf. Almost as bad as Beckham's homerun or Baggio's miss.

7. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Well, as you could see he's still quite populair. You really needed to see the reactions of the PSV fans when they heard he was subbed in the second half, I and a lot of PSV fans where dissapointed and agry about that because we wanted to see Lee play again. It's rare for a player from an opponant to get supported, in the begin of the match with "Lee, Lee, Lee" when he had the ball.

8. dsk_oz

dsk_oz Member

Sep 18, 2003
    Sydney, Oz
  9. yimmy

yimmy Moderator

Aug 23, 2004
    California
    Chimbonda played today in the LB position. I hope lee leaves Spurs this summer and is able get get some more PT somewhere else.

10. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    According to a source (dutch south-korean friend of Lee) PSV started the negotiation with Lee, it's very likely he will play in Eindhoven next year.

11. capper redded

capper redded Red Card

Mar 16, 2008
    Lee should leave Spurs right away.

12. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I like the sound of that.

13. TaegukWarrior

TaegukWarrior Member+

Jan 12, 2008
    Miami
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  14. bobjones2

bobjones2 Member

Jun 5, 2006
    considering he turned down AS Roma so that he could stay close to the biggest korean community in europe, i really doubt it.

I think it's more likely to see Park Ji Sung ever wearing PSV jersey again then Lee Young Pyo.

15. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    TBH, Lee YP is going to turn 31 and that's not a young age (especially in soccer). Question is, how many more years does he left in him. My bet is that he's gonna spend couple more years in Europe (wherever that is) and return back to K-League (hopefully).

16. Paganitzu

Paganitzu Member+

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Don't underestimate the south-korean community in Eindhoven, one of the biggest in Europe. Thanks to company's as Philips, ASML ,..... They do have own churches, communities and more. But I can give you my worth that PSV started the negotiation with Lee, I trust him because know he was very close with Lee when he was in Eindhoven.

Added with recent interviews with Lee in ED and PSV.tv where he said that íf he leaves Spurs (what he will do if he will not able to play in the first eleven) PSV is the most logic option.

Interview: http://www.psv.tv/index.php?item=if&content=player&ProductID=5693
    Interview ED:
    Park will never wear a PSV jersey again, he didn't liked the fact that we didnt support him that often in his first period, when he was shit. I think he still hasn't forgotten that. Sad but true, Park really didn't deserve that.

17. daeh0

daeh0 New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    New Jersey
  18. brave_reds-redded

Jul 2, 2007
    I hope he stays at EPL.

19. KovenDreamer

KovenDreamer Member+

Apr 17, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I would love to see LYP and LCS transfer to PSV. LYP just hasn't been a good fit at Tottenham. I think going back to PSV is the best thing he can do.

20. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    Spurs 4 - 4 Chelsea

It was Chelsea's chance to go level with Arsenal against a Spurs team that was already in Europe next year by virtue of the Carling League Cup, and league wise adrift in 11th, where 3pts wouldnt affect dismal season that much.

So it was up to Chelsea to want it more and win it, even though historically away at Spurs, Chelsea isnt that strong.

In the end it was clearly apparent that both sides wanted it. One of the most extraordinary games this season......a score nearly tells it all.

Watch it if you can, you will enjoy it. Here just a handful of observation:

1. Spurs was dismal in the first half although they drew level 1-1 quite quickly but ended the half 1-2 down.

2. 2nd half Chelsea seem to pull away 1-3 but Spurs playing much better drew level yet again 3-3.

3. All 3 goals thus far by Spurs was from a set pieces. Chelsea really should have done better defending those.

4. Joe Cole scored for the 2nd time for Chelsea to go into the lead again 3-4. Both goals by Joe Cole was attributable to Chimbonda making mistakes. Why Ramos insists on playing Chimbonda out of position on the left is anyones guess. He has been more of a liability in the position then an asset thus far.

5. Joe Cole was substituted off, after his 2nd goal, and Ballack came on, a defensive tactical change. Then Robbie Kean scores a super goal to make it 4-4! This was not the first time that Spurs scores nearly straight after Grant makes a defensive substitution to protect the lead. Kalou was replaced by Alex at 2-3 to bulk up the defence only for Huddleston to draw level 3-3 from a set play!

Begs the question is Grant any good? two poor substitution decisions? A normal Chelsea side should have protected its leads.

6. Spurs could have had a last minute winning goal from Berbatov but for the super save from Cudicini.

Question i would like to ask Ramos?

1. Why arent you playing LYP?
    2. Who you gonna replace Berbatov when he leaves this summer?
    3. Who you gonna replace LYP with now? How many time have Spurs tried to get a new LB thinking they can get a better player? Stop blaming defenders, but assess your team more realistically and as a whole. Delusions of grandeur.....Big 5?......lol

Questions for Grant?

1. How much you gonna get as part of the redundancy package at the end of the season?
    2. Why are most of the people who are saying you are actually doing quite well, non-Chelsea fans?

21. aguy2die4

aguy2die4 Member

Mar 26, 2005
    Seoul/London
    on yeah the funniest substitution of the day

Ferreira off

Shevchenko on in the 89min

2min after Spurs draws level at 4-4!

lol

22. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I don't think we'll see Lee YP with this team next season.

23. SlackerMacker

SlackerMacker Member

Sep 23, 2006
    Club:
    Reading FC
    I hope to god he moves, he is very attack minded but does not play that way in the tottenham. At Psv and the NT he was always the second winger on the pitch. With G.Bale at tottenham, i can't see him getting much hours at tottenham.

24. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  25. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    is wipey playing tonight?
    Skysports say "Left-backs Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) and Gareth Bale (foot) are out for the season."
    To be honest I say f(_)CK the spurs.