LEE Young-pyo transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Jul 8, 2005.

1. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Taiwo actually kicked butt and quite impressive at the World Youth Championships. In fact, it was when he got taken out that Korea was able to beat Nigeria.

From Hidddink's perspective, if Lee is wanting to move, why not get a hot rising defensive prospect?

2. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    A move to Marseille (Or Monaco) would be a nice move. But I love that stadium Marseille plays in. It's such a beautiful stadium (atleast to me).

3. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

id love to see him go to Chelsea, especially after Samsung sponsored them..

4. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

i thought SOB had the same type of meaning like FOB, except SOB meant Still On the Boat

5. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    SOB means son of a b*tch. If you want a korean translation, it sort of means "geh-secki".

If Lee goes to Chelsea, his career is ruined. Hanul, you have to understand something, going to a big club doesn't always mean anything. Yes, people get excited, the media gets excited, but the whole "going to a big club" thing is overrated.

Lee won't get any playing time in Stamford. Chelsea led the Premier league last season with the fewest goals allowed. Chelsea's problem is the striker position and hopefully Hernan Crespo (that whiny b*tch. But i don't blame him for wanting to stay in Milan) plays good for us. Mourinho is basically going with the same defenders and the same keeper (Cech) because you should never touch anything that was pretty successful. And Robert Huth looks like a bloody good player.

I'm hoping Lee goes to either Marseille or Monaco, if not, then i would be definitley satisfied with Lee going to Aston Villa or even Newcastle.

Or Portsmouth should use the money they got from Middlesborough for Yakubu and spend it on Lee. Portsmouth got some really dedicated supporters.

6. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    And Tottenham, reportedly. Maybe they're getting impressed while getting a close look at him while in Korea.

7. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    The only EPL team linked with Lee who don't have a decent left back is Everton. I really think Lee would be a terrific buy for the team and I don't know why they are not on the news with gossips and stuff. They must be looking everywhere for a left back! Don't know why they're so quite about it atm.

The other teams have decent ones: Jlloyd Samuel and Babayaro and Heinze and Edman respectively. Those teams don't really have depth but if Lee goes there he'll have to fight for his place unlike at Everton. C'mon Everton, fork out the cash!

BTW, who is Marseille's current left back?

Actually, I just thought if Lee is placed at the left mid position, then he'll be awesome too! And maybe he could get some goals from there!

8. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    if it's not Everton, Lee should think twice about leaving PSV.

9. Boom

Boom Member

Jan 16, 2003
    France
    Looks like Evra will stay at Monaco (according to L'Equipe). I don't think Lee or Evra will accept to stay on the bench. So I don't think Lee will move to Monaco...

[​IMG]

10. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    Yeah, Monaco have given up on Lee YP, it seems.

11. forzakr

forzakr New Member

Oct 29, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hiddink gave an interview after the game versus Lyon that he wouldn't want Lee YP to leave PSV unless he got offers from the top two teams in either England, Spain and Italy.

12. gatch

gatch Member

Mar 13, 2005
    Seoul and Melbourne
    Any news on Lee YP's Transfer rumors. Monaco have given up but how about the English clubs?

13. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    There is a rather far-fetched rumour of Lazio showing interest in Lee YP.

14. Steven_W

Steven_W New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Sydney

Everton just recently re-signed Alessandro Pistone who played left back for most of last season. He'll probably be first choice. HE's not spectacular but a good solid player.

15. rkim291968

rkim291968 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    CA, USA
    Frankly, Lee YP need to make his own decision. Hiddink's desire will be biased in favor of PSV.

16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Deadline is close.

17. CanadianGook

CanadianGook Member

Jun 16, 2005
    I think Hiddink's advise is good for Lee YP. He is basically saying Lee is a worldclass player and deserves being in the top leagues playing for the top teams. I see nothing wrong with that. And I hope Lee has that confidence in himself as well. Of course it is hard to see him play for these teams and therefore stay at PSV but, I really think Lee is world class and probably the best player for KNT right now. Better than ParkJS too.

18. hanul21

hanul21 Guest

yeah lee young pyo is good, but cmon not better than park :eek:

19. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    both Lee and Park are great players.

how can you compare the two when their positions are totally different?

who's better? Totti or Nesta? :rolleyes:

20. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    I think there's still a month to go before the transfer window closes.

21. Seo#6

Seo#6 Member

Apr 17, 2005
    Pomona
    totti.. no matter what you say :p

22. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Granted, it's hard since they play different positions but you can still compare the two's total ability. I mean, if you ask who's better in their rightful position, Ronaldo as Striker or Jeff Agoos as a defender, you would pick Ronaldo in a heartbeat.

talent wise, I think Lee YP beats him there. I always have felt that Lee YP had immense talent and was the most gifted player (I didn't say the best player, i said most gifted. But i think that honor goes to Park JY). Honestly, You can put Lee YP as a winger, defender, mid-fielder, even as a forward. He's got good offensive weapons.

But Park JS work ethic and work-rate is awesome.

Who's the better player? It's hard. Even i can't choose. But i feel Lee YP is much more gifted player.

And i don't think the transfer window is closed yet. It usuall closes around mid September.

23. augietx

augietx Member

Feb 17, 2005
    TexAS
    I think LYP going to Manchester United would be an excellent move. The thing that United is missing is someone to bring forward the ball from the back. Richardson did an okay job of this playing left back in the pre-season, but can't do it as well as LYP. Also, Lee's crossing ability would be a huge bonus for this team that needs a good crosser. Whatchu guys think?

24. cha doo ri

cha doo ri Member

Jul 17, 2004
    L.A.
    they have heinze who is there left back....

25. nam.c

nam.c New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    UK/Switzerland
    Heinze is a great defender. Really strong and tackles well. But he can't provide much attacking threat though. ManU aren't going to buy a left back now tho because if they do, they'll have too many players who can play there. (Heinze, Fortune, O'Shea, Richardson and even Silvestre) They'll have to sell some players first if they really want to buy someone like Lee.