LEE Young-pyo transfer rumour thread

Discussion in 'Korea' started by GuruSky, Jul 8, 2005.

1. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    let's talk about his transfer rumour on this thread since the other thread was originally about his compilation clip.

2. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  3. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  4. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  5. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
  6. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Poor PSV and its fans. I lament with them, and know how it feels as I've been a lifelong MTL Expos fan. Find them, develop them, get to know them, get to love them and gone... :mad: small market vs big fish.

7. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    looks like psv gonna be nothing next year. Although id watch for allfeyy

8. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    This only means that PSV needs to bring few more of our boys to Eindhoven.

C'mon master Hiddink, Park Chu Young is waiting for your phone call (along with Kim Jin Kyu, Lee Kang Jin, Kim Seung Yong, Baek Jo Hoon, etc etc)

9. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    although I'll end up not following them as much as I used to, I'll quitely support PSV for rest of my life regardless of Hiddink and Korean players.

without this team and its fans, two of our beloved boys wouldn't have been half of what they are right now.

10. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  11. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    well, I don't know if it's just me but it looks like a realistic plan for Man U to land Lee if they're really looking to sell Rio.

Rio is the nucleus of this team's defense and if they're looking to land Lee after he leaves, Heinze will move to center while Lee will naturally get that left wingback position.

12. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Rep for that. PSV has become our second national team and there were just trememdous support for them when they made that magical run to CL semi. It kind of reminded me of our run in 02.

I just hope that with or without Hiddink, PSV will continue to import our players and maintain a long relationship.

HUP PSV!!!!!!!!

13. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    same here, I'm a lifer now too.

translated the French article if you still wanted to have a look:

Lee Young-Pyo vers MU?

jeudi 7 juillet 2005 à 15:27, par Pierrick Vieux

Aussi impressionnant que son compère Park la saison dernière l’arrière gauche sud-coréen serait également sur les tablettes du club mancunien. MU aurait pour objectif de réunir les deux compères, sûrement dans le but d’accélérer et de faciliter leur intégration.

Si l’affaire se concluait elle aurait probablement comme conséquence sur l’organisation mancunienne de repousser Heinze dans l’axe et de placer le français Mickaël Silvestre sur le banc. A terme on pourrait voir les deux coréens occuper l’aile gauche mancunienne, Ryan Giggs n’ayant plus que deux années de contrat à

Lee Young-Pyo to ManU?

As impressive as his accomplice Park last season, the South Korean left back could also be on the shopping list of the Mancunian club. Manchester United would want to reunite the two, surely with an aim of accelerating and facilitating their integration.

If the transaction were to be concluded, the probable result would be for the Manchester club to push Heinze to the centre and to place Frenchman Mickaël Silvestre on the bench. Eventually, we could see the two Koreans occupying Manchester’s left wing, as Ryan Giggs has but two years left of his contract.

14. GuruSky

GuruSky Member

Jan 7, 2004
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    thanks, man.

and what this article is suggesting is not all that bad either.

even if Rio is not leaving, Heinze and Rio in the centre with Lee playing left wingback would look much better than sticking in Silvestre with Heinze playing left wingback.

15. Kanuck

Kanuck Member+

Feb 11, 2005
    La Belle Province
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yup, the possibilities would make a guy start to salivate...

16. YCashMoney42

YCashMoney42 Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Seoul
    I think Lee YP will be there at least a year or two, he did put a postpone to extending his contract.

so we will know for SURE next year

17. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Oh well we will have to wait and see but i think it will be a high possability of seeing Lee stay at PSV for at least another year cause he knows how much Hiddink and his team mates need him if Lee where to leave PSV i dont see PSV coping that well with Bommel,Vogel and now Park leaving the club.

18. Hanjin

Hanjin Member+

May 18, 2004
    Gold Coast, QLD
    Club:
    Queensland Roar
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    just to add to that comment about PSV not coping that well who knows they might be able to find a possible replacement for Lee but that would be a hard job but even last year people where saying PSV wouldnt cope when Kezman and Co left and they made it to the final 4 in the CL and won the dutch double.

19. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    I wouldn't worry too much about PSV.

The master can field a team with BS Korean Board 11 and still win the Eredivisie.

He's just that good :D

20. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    yo, thanks for making a new thread Sky :)

btw, PSV have alread brought in an Argentinian leftback earlier - possibly the club was already anticipating that Lee YP was going to be moving on.

21. sebcoe

sebcoe Red Card

Jan 14, 2005
    I'd personally like to see a Korean at AZ Alkmaar, as they seemed to be a fitter, more exciting team. A very good attacking football club. Many say they played the best football in Holland last season.

22. Kimsuyun

Kimsuyun New Member

Feb 7, 2004
    What I'm worried about is that WC 06 is right around the corner. So if there on the bench most of the time I wonder how this will affect them performance wise in the Wc.

23. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    If Lee went to Aston Villa, man, Redneck would be dying from happiness.

I don't want Lee to go to Manure. If Park never went to Manure, i would have supported the move but now, bleh. It's time to seperate the two.

To me, Lee to Aston Villa would be a good move for him. But hey, we will see in few days what decision he will make.

24. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    PSV already searching replacement for Lee
    EINDHOVEN, 9 Jule 2005 11:45 - Now that the rumours become more and more clear that Lee will probably leave to Manchester United, PSV is already searching for a new leftback player. Coming weeks the Costa Rica player Roy Myrie will get the chance to get a contract at PSV. The 22-year old defender from Liga Deportiva Alajuelense goes with PSV on trainingcamp to South-Korea.

Source is a Dutch paper, the English translation found in the PSV fan forum. Obviously PSV fans aren't very happy about thes recent turn of events.