Le Jeunes de Liverpool

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by liverbird, Nov 10, 2003.

1. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. oojason

oojason New Member

Jun 13, 2002
    England
    Good stuff - the more they play/train along side better players now, the better they'll hopefully become in the future.

Would have liked to have seen Diarra recalled to LFC (if it was possible to do so) when Hamman was injured - maybe next season...

3. Gabbage

Gabbage New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Too bad that there's no call-up for Vignal. He used to be in the squad.

With three Liverpool players and transfer target Cisse spearheading the attack for France, I'd actually prefer to watch this game over any of the Euro 2004 playoffs this weekend. I highly doubt that a U21 qualification match will be available for pay-per-view in the US, however. :)

4. Gabbage

Gabbage New Member

Apr 17, 2003
    Philadelphia
    I am not sure that this would have been a good idea. Liverpool only play with one defensive midfielder now, and third-choice Diao has played only one game! Diarra would have rotted in the reserves.

5. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. thisisanfield

thisisanfield New Member

Oct 1, 2003
    I for one am looking forward to cisse arriving...

You can take no notice at all of these things, but hes been in my championship manager 4 side since the start of the season, and he and owen struck up an immediate rapport...

In five league games, four for cisse and five for owen, (and three assists each...)

Complete rubbish comparing a game with real life.. but would be nice if it happened...

Also picked up a little young lad called mexes at the same time as cisse... french u21, plays in either defence or midfield, left right or centre... has been a revelation and just won his first full cap...

hmmm....

wonder if gerrard wants to borrow 5million (hes got a £5 escape clause that forces his release :) )