LD to return to Germany

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by swedust, Nov 4, 2004.

1. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They're on the national team together. They're over it.
    [If Landon ever had a problem, that is. After all, kids and parents don't always think alike. Dad might have had a problem; doesn't mean the son did.]

2. donovan9

donovan9 New Member

Nov 19, 1999
    South of Santa Rosa
    Not to let facts get in the way of any discussion here, but, in regards to Conor, I think he's a fine young man and a very talented player. Four years ago my remarks were made to Mr. Charles and had more to do with his seeming desire to showcase a "Portland" product instaed of concentrating on getting a medal. I still don't believe he thought our guys had a medal opportunity and my comments were only to address that issue. If you choose to make more of it than that, well......

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Yes, Conor had one spot locked down. And since Wolff was excellent in the other spot, Donovan watched.

Interestingly, in the failed game against Spain Donovan came on in relief of one Ramiro Corrales (who?), who was in midfield. So Clive did experiment with playing Donovan at his current national team position -- a bit bold on Clive's part since to my memory Landon was regarded pretty much as a pure forward at that time.

4. DamonEsquire

DamonEsquire BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 16, 2002
    Kentucky
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cup over roinish

The circumstances, in which; quivers myself. Americans falls out of lime light (oxicalcium light). Yanks gets there but not all can flourish. Mr. Donovan meets requirements to help with generations down the road. Just like predictment with goal differential (-60 or so overall) on ELO Rankings or overall recod in matter. A decade advances and a century for prominence.

Now attempts at justifacation through, association simaliarly with tobacco. Kentucky and Virginia produces 50-60% of crop. A few southern states makes for rest. A hand full of countries for the world (Maybe five in Europe, Carribbean and China) Kentucky let go of tobacco headquaters in 80's. Take into account, it moves to states (Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina: the suitors of marketing, they had some headquaters now; theirs is bigger). Very hot soccer states and North Carolina makes me wonder. If Martha Stewert would have invested in WUSA, she might have been challenged enough to not wind up in jail (or any other female expansionist although some are dirty old men). The tobacco industry has paid one billion dollars to states (California, Floridia and Illinois). A decade later, they find federal government sues for three houndred billion dollars. I not no all details but obviously they did something wrong. I hear of molecules for addictedness.

What I don't understand? The government has right to sue. This would be indication of closure with tobacco industry. How can they sue for money? I would have thought. If tobacco industry no longer factors into scheme, they would shut it down. I like this. Government need courts approval. Keeps things honest. Government's expectations are not for closure but to reprimand industry. This allows industry to operate under restrictions. The money confuses.

The abovementioned applys to myself in generalization. It can be true in instances but not always. Mr. Donovan moves back to Germany. He was there once, did okay. A second time should be of improvements. I cannot be convinced against Team U.S.A. They should be one of two in Round Robin. Mr. Donovan factors in Team U.S.A. also, a team requires services in Germany. I see pairs in matter.

5. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    LD and his closests friends.

LD to Casey: 90 miles
    LD to GI Joe Enochs: 97 miles
    LD to Gooch: 100 miles +/-
    LD to Chaz Kaz: 100 miles +/-
    LD to JOB: 128 miles
    LD to Cherundolo: 150 miles
    LD to Boca: 308 miles
    LD to McBride: 308.1 miles
    LD to Simek: 309 miles
    LD to Danny K.: 309 miles, seven feet.
    LD to Beerholder: 321 miles
    LD to Reyna: 425 miles
    LD to Howard: 430 miles
    LD to Convey: 440 miles
    LD to Marcus: 440 miles, six inches.
    LD to Whitbread: 453 miles
    LD to Vanney: 588 miles
    LD to Cooper: 1008 miles

6. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :-} You forgot Beasley. Although, I'm not sure who Chaz Kaz is.

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Actually, I assumed they'd be sharing a flat in Venlo...

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004
    Let's not forget that in Deutschland, one could make a 90 mile trip in about half an hour with a nice set of wheels ... vroom ...

9. datdood

datdood New Member

Nov 6, 2004
    Melbourne
    Will the American players who do not want to foot in Europe please stand up...? I'll fill your spot(s).

10. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    Since most of endorsments sources go to Adu right now, i think Donovan will just have to go where the money is, especially with what's going on with Earthquake right now, it's a must !!

11. RUUDVN

RUUDVN BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2004
    NYC
    Donovan has to get over it, playing time or not, finish his just only 2 more yrs contract and than he will free like someone who just comes out of the jail, free to fly wherever he likes ... ;)

12. Adam Zebrowski

Adam Zebrowski New Member

May 28, 1999
    In a soccer sense, Donovan is making an ideal move. He doesn't have the big time pressure all the big names face. If you look at his talent -name appeal quotient, he's got far less expectations than anyone with his talent.

I suspect his performance in '06 drives everything for him financially, almost letting him name his price.

As to publicity here in the usa, I seriously doubt his recognition value blossoms EXCEPT with USA performing exceptionally well, and his name getting repeated over and over and over...

In a related theme, I do think the success donovan finds will lay the groundwork for adu, the caveat being freddy is as good as we expect him to become.