LD to BL on Nov 1

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Jay Cee, Aug 25, 2002.

1. Jay Cee

Jay Cee New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    San Jose
    I just went to the Bayer website and searched for Donovan. They said he will report on Nov. 1st. Anyone else here anything on this?

2. Tejas

Tejas Member+

Jun 3, 2000
    Tejas
    Perhaps this was the original scheduled date before all of these discussions got started? It would make sense that they would not concede anything until discussions had truly ended.

3. SJEarthquakes

SJEarthquakes New Member

Aug 9, 2001
    Boston Area
    Did you check the date on that report? That was posted there in late July, before his agent had the talk with BL. Right now no one knows what's going on because no new reports have come out.

4. IBleedTeal

IBleedTeal Member+

Jun 2, 2001
    Yves Fiat
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    ... and there have been 5 threads referring to that same article ..

5. Jay Cee

Jay Cee New Member

Jul 9, 2002
    San Jose
    still going I think

Actually I think that it's ironic that there is no news from MLS. Why would they publicize that Donovan is leaving.

As a matter of a fact, his agent and MLS were having talks during All-Star. They even mentioned it on the telecast that they have news on the talks. Funny enough that they changed the subject and never gave the update. I think the news release from BL is correct and MLS is hiding the news.

6. Kelso2Utd

Kelso2Utd New Member

Aug 12, 2002
    New England, USA
    I found that news before the All Star game (when we all know the conversations between Donovan and his agent took place, then night before if I recall correctly) If he really is going back, the MLS and the Quakes have done an excellent job at hiding it.

But if he was, they should let the media and fans become aware because then the flocks of a certain type of teenage girl (lol - aka soccer teenyboppers) would come to the games before he'd leave, no? Causing more attendance at matches equaling more income for the MLS. They can be annoying...but tickets are tickets. (and who knows, some of them might actually want to learn about the game and become fans - it's possible)

Leverkusen knows very well that Donovan doesn't want to be there...but who knows. If they promise him playing time, I can see him going. And on a personal note, it would be to his benefit.

7. sj_quakes_fan

sj_quakes_fan Member

May 18, 2001
    San Jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NO NO NO!!!!!!!!

Who's going to take me to the prom now?!!!!!!!

My life is over!!!! :(

8. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    A couple games back, there was a reporter out in Auto. Alley, following Landon around, asking him questions. His question of coarse, was about this situation. Landon said there would be a press release out in the near future with the details....

I say we keep the voices quiet and wait for the damn OFFICIAL press release.....

9. 1Bri Fanatic333

1Bri Fanatic333 New Member

Jul 12, 2000
    If you fight that girl with the sign last game, you can take Devin!!!;)

10. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Read this thread.

11. elainemichelle

elainemichelle New Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Why does everyone keep talking about LD leaving? If you want a completely educated awnser on this fill out a feedback form on the SJE website. They'll tell you that they'll let you know after the season...

12. ggayle

ggayle Member

May 4, 1999
    Oaktown, CA, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    News of a possible decision has been posted this morning. Check this thread. Until I see it in print I'd take the info with a grain of salt, but it sounds reasonable.

13. Quake Crazy

Quake Crazy Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Ceres Califonia
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great news if it's true, I won't hold my breath until I see it released officially.

14. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you for the reminder to continue to avoid reading the Yanks Abroad forum.