Lazio v Bologna [R] (Nov. 14)

Discussion in 'Lazio' started by Catfish, Nov 7, 2004.

1. Catfish

Catfish Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I love Bologna as much as the next guy, but not this kind. Lazio will rise to the challenge and defeat Oscar Mayer 1-0.

2. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    rumors are this is Caso's last stand, if he looses than perhaps Dino Zoff's phone rings...

Oddo and Couto are suspended, add to that the injuries to Zauri and Siviglia and the entire defense is out injured and Peruzzi is questionable to return in goal....makes things tougher on Caso...

3. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  4. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Better than Terim.

5. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Has Terim been accused of racism as well? I don't remember.

6. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    we are not looking for the coaches that has been not accused of racism and also i dont like terim , caso is much better.
    meanwhile is it problem if someone is racist ?

7. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    No no - I meant I don't want him as a coach.

8. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Oh, okay. I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. Frankly, these are all pretty weak choices. Camolese hasn't done much in his career either. If Zoff would say yes, these guys would all go away.

As to the question of whether it's a "problem" to hire a coach who has had to defend himself in the past over accusations of making racist remarks, I guess that's up to Lotito. I would think Lazio might want to distance itself from the historical reputation of being a "racist" club, if only because it's bad PR. And PR is certainly something to consider when your club's stock is publicly traded.

9. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    but no one needs to defend himself cause of being a racist
    I dont wanna talk about that but if what we did and do is racism , then i am racist like other lazio fans :

[​IMG]
    Onore alla Tigre Arkan

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Moving on, here is the probable lineup for Lazio, with both Couto and Oddo suspended.

Sereni
    Lopez
    Talamonti
    Lequi
    Seric
    Manfredini
    Dabo
    E. Filippini
    Cesar
    Inzaghi
    Rocchi

Wow, TWO forwards!!

Bologna has been hit by injuries this season and will be without several key players, in particular Ciro Capuano who was injured in training this week after being one of their best players vs Inter. The teams are a point apart in the table, so this is key.

11. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Hugely important 2-1 win for Lazio with Paolo Di Canio scoring the game winner on a PK in the final minutes. Lazio played the last 25 minutes or so with 10 men after Dabo was sent off.

12. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    Lazio [2 - 1] Bologna :) finally 3 points
    7' [1 - 0] T. Rocchi
    52' [1 - 1] I. Tare
    85' [2 - 1] P.D. Canio (pen.)

13. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    And Roma lost again. :D Happy day. :D

14. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    Great job by Lazio today...

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    finally the full three points!...cesar getting healthier is key, sounds like he made Rocchi's goal...while a little "magic" left in dicanio decides the winner...

surprised the entirely reserve defense held up, thats a good sign...Caso probably bought some time today, tho the schedule gets much tougher for a while going forward...

16. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I really don't think you should be posting pics of your fans idolizing a genocidal maniac...

17. nicephoras

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Dude, that's not cool.

18. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    LAZIO-BOLOGNA 2-1 (1-0)
    Goals: 6' Rocchi (L), 53' Tare (B), 85' Di Canio PK (L)

LAZIO: Sereni - Lopez , Talamonti , Lequi , Seric (79' Negro sv.) - Manfredini , Dabo , E.Filippini , Cesar (73' Di Canio ) - Inzaghi (68' A.Filippini ), Rocchi .
    Coach: Caso

BOLOGNA: Pagliuca - Juarez (46' Nastase ), Petruzzi , Torrisi (13' Gamberini ), Sussi - Binotto , Zagorakis , Colucci , Bellucci - Tare , Cipriani (75' Locatelli )
    Coach: Mazzone

Referee: Tagliavento from Terni

Note: Cold day, slightly slippery pitch
    Corners: 9 to 5 (2-3) for Lazio.
    Warnings: E.Filippini (L), Colucci (B), Talamonti (L)
    Sent Off: 67' Dabo (L) for receiving two warnings, 93' Di Canio (L) and Tare (B)
    Time Added On: 2' and 4'

genocidal maniac ? that is just bull.... he is our idol serbia's idol no one can change it as long as serbia exists and we are laziale

Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava------Bog Cuva Srbi
    Per la Roma
    merda
    per la Roma
    merda
    fogna de 'sta città

19. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I think crvena_zvezda had it right before when he said he "[didn't] want to talk about that". I agreed with that suggestion and discontinued my side of the conversation. However many of us feel about it, it's no secret (having seen banners like this one before) that some laziale feel this way about Arkan.

I regret starting the discussion above. On this board, let's just talk about the team and the games, okay?

Which reminds me, I saw the play where Paolo DiC drew the game-winning penalty yesterday. I think he'd have been crucified in the EPL for a dive like that one!

20. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    A little embellishment by Di Canio for sure, but to be fair at one point early Inzaghi had sent the ball over the goal line pretty clearly but a late Bologna clear was allowed...so I think Lazio 2-1 was fair.

21. RandyNA74

RandyNA74 Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Since we are all better served not talking about politics (or posting "racism" related pictures I might add), my question re: this game is whether Bologna wore an all-red kit or not. Saw an article today on la Repubblica(.it) where several clubs have come under fire from their fans for using kits that are not "historic" and not "respectful" of the clubs traditions. Case in point Roma with its black and green CL kit and....Bologna, with the blue pulling a disappearing act. Now Bologna looks more like Piacenza with its all-red kit.

22. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    nope, they wore the traditional kits yesterday...but I do recall highlights I think of a match at siena where they wore the all-red..

[​IMG]

23. crvena_zvezda

crvena_zvezda Red Card

Oct 21, 2004
    in Ur EyeS
    Rocchi celebrates after scoring a goal :

[​IMG]

Talamonti clashing into Tare :

[​IMG]

Cesar backing off :

[​IMG]

E.Filippini flicking the ball :

[​IMG]

24. Ferraribery

Ferraribery New Member

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm Turk and fanatic fan of Galatasaray and Lazio so I want to see TERIM as Lazio manager because he deserves ;) ;)